Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every thread appearing as unread

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Weird, for a short while pages wouldn't load, now I'm being brought back about a week when I click on "bring to first unread in thread".

Some kind of glitch?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought it was just me. Started happening about 30 mins ago, although I had no problem with pages loading before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup same here.

If you click "mark forums read" it sorts itself out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Aye me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup same here.

If you click "mark forums read" it sorts itself out.

After doing this and navigating away, my subbed list still tells me that there are unread posts in the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

After doing this and navigating away, my subbed list still tells me that there are unread posts in the forum.
    Marking All Read on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php will sort that, or did for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like someone ran a "whoopsie" query against the database.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Same here. When clicking email alerts to go to the new post in a thread it went back a good few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's throwing me back to around 1pm on April 19th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I'm the same as Cathooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Alright, who changed their password to "=1' UPDATE last_read..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Alright, who changed their password to "=1' UPDATE last_read..."
    Is this the kind of thing computer nerds find hilarious?

CHD wrote: »

Is this the kind of thing technophobes find comforting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

CHD wrote: »

nope. we find that kind of thing mildly entertaining. Hilarious is when we get asked to fix some stranger's (usually a taxi driver) PC with only the sketchy description of "it's slower than it was before" to go on before the stranger answers "I dont know, I'm not techie" to every subsequent question :)

on topic, threads are appearing as unread for me too but the subbed list is not showing any new posts, you'd think one would result in the other....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

LoLth wrote: »
    nope. we find that kind of thing mildly entertaining. Hilarious is when we get asked to fix some stranger's (usually a taxi driver) PC with only the sketchy description of "it's slower than it was before" to go on before the stranger answers "I dont know, I'm not techie" to every subsequent question :)

on topic, threads are appearing as unread for me too but the subbed list is not showing any new posts, you'd think one would result in the other....
    My subbed list is working fine. New posts in threads aren't though. I got an alert for a post in a thread that was posted yesterday but somehow it says it was posted at 12.38 today. :confused:

As a side note normally when type something into the search tab it comes up again next time that search is performing. Not happening.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My subbed list is showing all threads as unread, but its not updating any threads Ive posted in for say the last hour or so.

Im glad its not me, my computer is giving me enough headaches today as it is.

This is getting very worrying. A lot of stuff happening here. Can someone update us on what exactly is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

The method of calculating how threads are read was changed which has the unfortunate side-effect of forgetting your thread read status.

The reason for change is a little obscure, and I don't have time to write up the details right now, but the short version is: this will resolve itself over the next while as vBulletin re-learns what you have and haven't read.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This is getting very worrying. A lot of stuff happening here. Can someone update us on what exactly is going on.
    Very worrying? For realsies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What "stuff"?

Are the Development guys supposed to be psychic? Can you not elaborate on your worries?

Christ almighty.

drama_llama.jpg

Conor wrote: »
    The method of calculating how threads are read was changed which has the unfortunate side-effect of forgetting your thread read status.

The reason for change is a little obscure, and I don't have time to write up the details right now, but the short version is: this will resolve itself over the next while as vBulletin re-learns what you have and haven't read.
    Thanks Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Giving the hamster new goggles?

Zey never do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

this will resolve itself over the next while as vBulletin re-learns what you have and haven't read.

It's not resolving itself in the usual way but, this may be part of the change to the system. None of the threads I'm reading are updating and generally when I log out, it's marks everything as read for me but, that didn't happen either!

Anyway, I'm sure it's only a minor thing, hopefully it'll be back up again soon and working better than previously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

At least they could have the balls to come out and admit they got hacked again :mad:

Stinicker wrote: »
    At least they could have the balls to come out and admit they got hacked again :mad:

You're not really a glass is half full kind of guy are you?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am sure if they were they would.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Obviously 'Conor' is an Estonian cyberpirate who has taken all your read-post details for nefarious use. And is stealing the credit card numbers of anyone who posts in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

did you type google into google again?

Advertisement