Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every thread appearing as unread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Happening to me too.

But before this all started I was having problems in that it wasn't updating me to let me know when people had put up new posts in the threads that I had posted in.

Was wondering had everything gone very quiet for a day or two and then realised something was up!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You're not really a glass is half full kind of guy are you?
    koolkid wrote: »
    I am sure if they were they would.
    Obviously 'Conor' is an Estonian cyberpirate who has taken all your read-post details for nefarious use. And is stealing the credit card numbers of anyone who posts in this thread.
    Overheal wrote: »
    did you type google into google again?

:D:D:D:D I joke I joke, I keed I keed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the unread problem related to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Nope.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm subbed to a private forum, and no matter what I do, the * won't go away that indicates new posts. There's no new posts, I've marked the forum read, and it's still there. Is that related to this issue, or is it a problem on my side? Only happening with one, private, forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

So that's what that little * means! Thanks Faith. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The boards.ie hamster would like to apologise for the inconvenience.

He's a little overworked and feeling a bit under the weather since he got bitten the other day.

http://xs.to/image-9D2A_4BD9C28D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I have the same problem but I didn't see this thread before I made my own- can a nice mod merge them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The boards.ie hamster would like to apologise for the inconvenience.

He's a little overworked and feeling a bit under the weather since he got bitten the other day.

http://xs.to/image-9D2A_4BD9C28D.jpg
    its weird, in some ways that looks a little like Bill Bailey.

Besides all this, boards beta is actin the mic aswell. Not staying as a bar on the page and the control pannel button is gone off it. I thought it was deadly as it was.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Faith wrote: »
    I'm subbed to a private forum, and no matter what I do, the * won't go away that indicates new posts. There's no new posts, I've marked the forum read, and it's still there. Is that related to this issue, or is it a problem on my side? Only happening with one, private, forum.

Actually, every forum is now stuck as having unread posts in my subbed list. Guess it just needs time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Jammyc wrote: »
    its weird, in some ways that looks a little like Bill Bailey.

Besides all this, boards beta is actin the mic aswell. Not staying as a bar on the page and the control pannel button is gone off it. I thought it was deadly as it was.

That looks a lot like Bill Bailey!

My subbed list has stars that shouldn't be there too.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

glad this isn't just me, all read threads are showing as unread with new posts and new ones I've posted in aren't showing in the subbed list in date order at all unless someone posts in them.

Is this what others are getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I cut my losses, marked every forum on the site read, and just got on with my life. Working fine now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Am I right in thinking that now, any threads that have not been read within a "session" will not be "timed out" and appear as Read after a while? Seems to be the case for me, as threads I didn't read yesterday, are still "Unread" today, yet those I did read that has no new posts since, are rightfully marked read.

If this is the case, then bravo, as it used to irk me a bit, when you'd leave boards for a while, return and all threads were "read" due to inactivity.

byte wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that now, any threads that have not been read within a "session" will not be "timed out" and appear as Read after a while? Seems to be the case for me, as threads I didn't read yesterday, are still "Unread" today, yet those I did read that has no new posts since, are rightfully marked read.

If this is the case, then bravo, as it used to irk me a bit, when you'd leave boards for a while, return and all threads were "read" due to inactivity.

Correct.

I explained a little more about this in a reply to a Help Desk thread earlier today: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65661806&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Conor wrote: »
    Correct.

That's great, is there also a reason for the User CP page not updating like the subscribed threads page?

jasonorr wrote: »
    That's great, is there also a reason for the User CP page not updating like the subscribed threads page?

I don't get quite what you mean. It updates fine for me.

If a forum is "stuck" somehow, try marking it as read.

Conor wrote: »
    I don't get quite what you mean. It updates fine for me.

If a forum is "stuck" somehow, try marking it as read.

Here's a screenshot of my subscribed threads:

jt7wa9.png

And here's one of my User CP:

vdq26w.png

How do I go about marking threads as read in the User CP? I can of course use the subscribed threads but, I find the User CP much handier!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How do I go about marking threads as read in the User CP? I can of course use the subscribed threads but, I find the User CP much handier!

I was just about to ask that myself, I much prefer them as being marked as read in the user CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

is there also a reason for the User CP page not updating like the subscribed threads page?

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

This has been happening for me too over the last 5 days, still going on this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Site does seem a bit quicker after having clicked 'mark forums read' actually. Before logging off for the day/your session, if you want to try doing that you can find it by going to the "Quick Links" at the top of this page at the right hand side next to Log Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not working at all.

Gordon wrote: »
    Site does seem a bit quicker after having clicked 'mark forums read' actually. Before logging off for the day/your session, if you want to try doing that you can find it by going to the "Quick Links" at the top of this page at the right hand side next to Log Out.

I can use the User CP again, cheers!

Didn't work for me :( I still don't have the threads that I've read in my User CP.

Didn't work for me :( I still don't have the threads that I've read in my User CP.

When I did it, it marked everything as read. Then, whenever there's a new post it appears in my User CP as well as my subscribed threads!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it appears to have changed how user cp works, it now only shows threads with new posts since you last visited user cp. If a thread doesn't have new posts it doesn't appear at all.

Previously all subscribed threads used to appear in order of last post, highlighted ones had new posts, others didn't.

It's pretty damn annoying, as the guess on whether a thread has new posts has never been very accurate and still doesn't appear to be?

When I did it, it marked everything as read. Then, whenever there's a new post it appears in my User CP as well as my subscribed threads!

Yeah but now read a thread that has a new post and then click back to your user CP. Is the thread still there, or is it just threads with new posts?
    copacetic wrote: »
    it appears to have changed how user cp works, it now only shows threads with new posts since you last visited user cp. If a thread doesn't have new posts it doesn't appear at all.

Previously all subscribed threads used to appear in order of last post, highlighted ones had new posts, others didn't.

It's pretty damn annoying, as the guess on whether a thread has new posts has never been very accurate and still doesn't appear to be?

Yes, definitely. I much preferred when all your subscribed threads, whether they had new posts or not, appeared in the user CP :(

Yeah but now read a thread that has a new post and then click back to your user CP. Is the thread still there, or is it just threads with new posts?

Get you now, just if there's a new post. Bottom right of the box will bring you to all subscriptions then if that's any good?

2924kg4.png

• Advertisement

Get you now, just if there's a new post. Bottom right of the box will bring you to all subscriptions then if that's any good?

2924kg4.png

I know, but then I'd have to click 2 things instead of one :P Yes, I'm just that lazy...

Advertisement