Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading ram to 4gb on dell dimension c521?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

hi,
    i have 1 gb ram in my dell c521, i want to upgrade it to 4 gb ram.
    I googled it and it seems simple enough. I dont know a lot about pc's but i got the foloowing on google regarding what i need...Is it correct?

1 gb 1024MB 800mhz DDR2-800 PC2-6400, 240 pin memory RAM DIMM 1.8v

if its correct i will get 4 of these and install them in pc, and will give me 4gr ram so.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

You would be better of getting two sticks of 2gb as they would work better and would probably be cheaper to get 2 sticks of 2gb than getting another 3gb that would match your existing one. Any cheap ddr2 would do and would work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

thanks a lot for advice...i see a lot on the net for sale...some say 500hz or 800hz etc in the spec..would it be better if i matched them to the hz on my pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Yea it would be best to get it to match your pc, i'd say the most your will take without checking is 800mhz so would try get 2 sticks of it to make 4gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skymaxss

strongly recomend 'crucialEUScan'. It scans your PC and gives all answers

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

thanks guys, u have been great help..will do both suggestions so.. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement