Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using wireless broadband with Windows 7

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a Meteor To Go wireless broadband dongle and I use it with Windows XP. I am buying a new laptop with Windows 7, which I understand is a 64bit operating system. About one year ago a colleague bought a 64bit operating system on a laptop in Malaysia. She was unable to use it with any Irish wireless broadband services because their software is all 32bit.

Does anyone know if this problem has been resolved? Have the companies written 64bit software?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Update.

I spoke with Meteor and was told that they will be releasing a new wireless device in the next 2 months which works with 64bit operating system. I thought its was a software issue and not a hardware one, so I am still confused.

Anyone out there bought a laptop this year with Windows 7 and using it with Meteor To Go broadband.

Thanks.
    Conor

Advertisement