Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Atletico Madrid

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Mash = scapegoat , left forlan in for winner i guess, why take him off though, seems harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Happy for Diego. Well done Atleti.

Now Scousers, dust yeerselves off, the most important game of the week awaits.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

**** that anyway, final ball just wasn't happening for us. Kuyt had run out of steam and it was plainly obvious for most of extra time. Rafa should have brought him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

EF wrote: »
    How many times have we heard that this season.

Well i'm talking bout here and now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Keep it on-topic folks, especially the non-Liverpool fans. Discussing the game and result is fine, any trolling will be met with infractions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Atletico will win the final fairly handy imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Sickened. Should have done better. Absolutely sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thats very disappointing. In particular the lastfew mins, couldn't string a pass.

Gerrard must have been shattered as he couldn't even give a simple ball back to agger or carra without them having to run an extra 10 yards for it.

Now we have to hope for some major luck this weekend and produce the goods ourselves. If not then it's truly been a horrific year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

alibabba wrote: »
    From a die hard pool fan : Rafa out, Rafa out, Rafa out. The kop should be singing that now
    But instead they were chanting his name. That must frustrate you. Very good performance from us tonight, one mistake from Glen playing out of position led to our undoing. I've probably been babels biggest critic on here since he's been at the club, but i thought he was really excellent tonight-his best performance in a red shirt for me. Aquilani showed again that although he's been so frustrating this season through his lack of gametime-we look like we've a hell of a player on our hands. And Lucas really is maturing into a top midfielder, great ball from him for yossi's goal. Mascherano really was immense tonight. Gerrard was excellent too until extra time when he faded totally. Lookin forward to all the Rafa out texts on 3e now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL at the text from Jackie on TV3. 6 years of Benitez crap!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Liam O wrote: »
    Atletico will win the final fairly handy imo

No way, it will be a close game, Fulham have beaten Shaktar,Juve,Wolfsburg and Hamburg. That's some achievement. Should be a cracking final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Mash = scapegoat , left forlan in for winner i guess, why take him off though, seems harsh

Johnsen's fault, the most useless defender in the squad. Hopeless, I'd have headed that away and heading the ball was never my strong point.

Subs used that have never been given a chance by Benitez, what a game to throw them into without them having a run in the team.

Please let him f*ck off to Juve, Madrid or anywhere. He has embarrassed the club all year with his proclamations, lamentations and constipations. A hopelessly absorbed ego-maniac who lost the team months ago, if not years ago. Remember the 'rotation' system? Most of those proclaiming him don't, that was the start of his nonsense, hopefully this season will be his last.

Fair play to the teams in the final though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Really suprised by this but then, thats Atletico for ya. Not so much the result but how it played out. Suprised to see the Spaniards work so hard away from home but there was some huge performances out there. Delighted for Forlan, always been a great player and great attitude, never stopped working.

It was like Aletico were bracing themselves for a storm but all that came was a mini wind with 2 goals. Good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

flahavaj wrote: »
    Happy for Diego. Well done Atleti.

Now Scousers, dust yeerselves off, the most important game of the week awaits.:pac:

No our season ended here tonight. Its time to give the youth team guys a run at the weekend I reckon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Don't know about you lads but I'm totally dejected .
    I've have been one of those that said " it's a bad season , they happen " .
    But now I'm thinking ..
    ENOUGH is ENOUGH !

It's time for a seachange , from the management down (Inc Gerrard) done nothing but sulk all season .
    A frsh start is required , nothing like Souness tried to achieve , but a breath of fresh air and new direction .

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Johnsen's fault, the most useless defender in the squad. Hopeless, I'd have headed that away and heading the ball was never my strong point.

Subs used that have never been given a chance by that fat Spanish muppet, what a game to throw them into.

Please let him f*ck off to Juve, Madrid or anywhere. He has embarrassed the club all year with his proclamations, lamentations and constipations. A hopelessly absorbed ego-maniac who lost the team months ago, if not years ago. Remember the 'rotation' system? Most of those proclaiming him don't, that was the start of his nonsense, hopefully this season will be his last.

Fair play to the teams in the final though.
    Lost the team years ago even though they came within 4 points of the title last season?

Kneejerk reactions are fun to read :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah us football fans.... Busquets is a disgrace etc etc but Kuyt going down the exact same manner is a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Forlan is a class act, would love to see him give the Prem another shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Going to miss Kirsty. Wow we really missed Aqua when he went off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some so called Liverpool supporters really need to take a cold shower or summat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

SantryRed wrote: »
    Kneejerk reactions are fun to read :)

That said, they're not really kneejerk reactions when its a season full of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

cant fault the effort.. pretty gutted. Was a good game over all. Didnt think they deserved to go through . Thats footy folks.

As for all the mancs with all their Forlan talk.. have some class and piss off

mike65 wrote: »
    Some so called Liverpool supporters really need to take a cold shower or summat.

Followed by a good hard self administered slap about the chops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Johner wrote: »
    Forlan is a class act, would love to see him give the Prem another shot.

Read an interview of his a couple of weeks ago and he said he had 'unfinished business' in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I generally thought we played well tonight bar the last 15 mins of extra time but that was down to tiredness.

Mascherano was immense, best player by a mile. I wouldn't blame him for the goal as Johnson's spatial awareness to get out jumped there was horrible.

Aquilani was brilliant as was Kuyt I just wish we had of tightened up more when we scored the second.

The substitution of Masch was completely wrong in my Opinion. Rafa was telling Degen when he was going on to get the ball in the box and not once did he do so from open play...He really is scamming a living.

All the best to Fulham, would love to see Duffer win a trophy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Read an interview of his a couple of weeks ago and he said he had 'unfinished business' in England.

Not anymore

He probably left the immersion on in his house he had there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The better team won.

Liverpool have just shown time and time again that without Torres upfront, they are just woeful offensively. El Zhar is just so far off the standard it's frightening, Riera and Rodriguez also to an extent. How Babel is still a Liverpool player is also ridiculous, how many chances does a player need? Kuyt has been a great player for Liverpool, but this season he's been shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

great match, shame to see us go out after playing so well. fair play to atletico, they held on and won it.

worried at how disinterested gerrard looked in the last 10 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Didn't see the game, so I can't really comment about the match performance, but if Atletico go on to win a double (UEFA Cup and the Copa Del Rey) then football has officially become a farce. They will go down in history as the most awful team to ever win a double. Can't believe that they're in the final despite only winning one game, awful domestically too. Football is mental really.

Hope Fulham knock them rightly out of the final.

• Advertisement

kuyt making a meal of it was embarrasing, but it was a red card-everyone knows the rules, they're harsh but we've been a victim of em in the past, for it not to be consistent is very irritating.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sickening to go out in such circumstances especially after a superb opening 45 minutes but..

like in regards 4th place. We don't deserve anything from this season due to our pathetic away form, winning the Europa League would have papered over the cracks somewhat.

The subs were utterly bizarre as well.

Anyway best to move on, c'mon on Fulham :)

eZe^ wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, so I can't really comment about the match performance, but if Atletico go on to win a double (UEFA Cup and the Copa Del Rey) then football has officially become a farce. They will go down in history as the most awful team to ever win a double. Can't believe that they're in the final despite only winning one game, awful domestically too. Football is mental really.

I'm telling ya, it's silly season this year!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I remember when Atlético were playing Liverpool in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago. He was interviewed and said he wanted to score against Liverpool for United fans who he still appreciates for their support.

Something like that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jesus the majority of posters here are such droolers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mr Alan wrote: »
    kuyt making a meal of it was embarrasing, but it was a red card-everyone knows the rules, they're harsh but we've been a victim of em in the past, for it not to be consistent is very irritating.
    What should have been a red card?

Are you talking about the incident with the goalkeeper? If so you are either joking or demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how Raffa manages to pull the eyes over all and sundry is quite staggering....

half the Liverpool players would have no chance of making the XI of any decent top side. el zhar... lolz

anhooooooo. I wasnt surprosed Atheltico won, an away goal was always likely, if Pool had torres would have been a different story but without him.

Poor defending from Johnston really for the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Totally agree that over the whole season they have been horredous although they have managed to play better midweek for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I saw el zhar play a few times at anfield 4 years ago, the lad hasnt improved in that time and barely even featured since then, and then hes thrown on in a european semi?

Masch for degen after the game masch had?

Depressing stuff tbh.

Poor defending from Johnston really for the winner

He looked knackered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

domestically atletico have been poor this season after 2-3 years of being quite good, however any team that has a front 4 of forlan, aguero, reyes, simao are always a threat in one-off games or knockout situations, hence why they have reached two finals this year, the manager has done a fine job there, atletico are 10 times the team that lost to chelsea earlier this season

i expect them to beat fulhum quite comfortably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its amazing how the armchair fan never gets tired no matter how frantic the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Fulham and Atletico will be a great final, great to see Duffer and Danny in it, hopefully they can win it.

Big kudos to Hodgson though, was great seeing his delight, a proper manager that man is.

fresh right back who's strength is going forward brought on for a right back after about 110 mins, and a couple of attacking mid/wide players with pace brought on for similar players......yea baffling stuff altogether :confused:

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    He looked knackered.
    The build up to Aquas and Benny's goal was smashing. Real shame we didn't qualify but having one of those seasons.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm telling ya, it's silly season this year!:pac:

Neither team were that bothered tbh.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Mr Alan wrote: »
    fresh right back who's strength is going forward brought on for a right back after about 110 mins, and a couple of attacking mid/wide players with pace brought on for similar players......yea baffling stuff altogether :confused:

Fair play your talking sense now.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Neither team were that bothered tbh.;)

Probably not, except for Forlan, he told us all his motivations.

I wonder how many more Liverpool fans are hoping they lose at the weekend now after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Rafa must have been saving ngog for chelsea i suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement