Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI €70 2kW Pressure Washer

• 29-04-2010 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Anyone know if this is any good or what.
    Dads a cabbie and could do with a decent one.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I've just bought one. The brochure is a bit short of info, but it's 2000w,90 bar operating pressure( max 160 ) and 360 L/H delivery rate. Comes with 2 lances and separate cleaning agent tank. Quite small but fairly heavy. Seems OK for the money but I'm no expert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Vick7

Do you get any attachments with it for cleaning? Thanks man.

90 bar rated pressure is a bit low for washing cars. Also seeing he's a cabbie he would be using it 100+ times a year so I persuaded him to go for a better one elsewhere.
    Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

Vick7 wrote: »
    90 bar rated pressure is a bit low for washing cars. Also seeing he's a cabbie he would be using it 100+ times a year so I persuaded him to go for a better one elsewhere.
    Thanks anyway.

You could use it to wash him down ,
    those taxi men are dopey cranky smelly ...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

macaronicheese,

Is that meant to be humorous?! :confused:

DON'T make a comment like that again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lansing

Is this pressure washer really 90bar? Seems a bit low for a 2000W pressure washer. Would expect it to be about 110bar compared to similar 2000W pressure washers.

On the box it says 160 bar maximum operating pressure and in the leaflet it says 90 bar working pressure with a delivery rate of 6l/min!

Thanks for confirming. It's still a great value purchase money wise, especially with the 3 year warranty as most pressure washers have no repairable parts and must be fully replaced when they give trouble. 90 bar is perfect for domestic use. Best of luck with it!

Cheers!

Yeah thanks for the info cab93. All it said on Aldi was 2kw pressure washer. Hope the 90 bar is enough, going with 130 myself but that costs €145 so definately great value with that Aldi one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Vick7 wrote: »
    Thanks anyway.

Pressure Washers on the sturdiest jet setting will make shít of your paintwork if you put your mind to it - You can't just brutalise the dirt off....

- I'd say you're talking about giving it a good spraying > Wiping down the stubborn stuff with a sponge/Brush and then finishing of to a clean finish with a washer ie. 90 Bar should be plenty IMHO....

Also if you have a Deck these are invaluable - mine is like new since a couple of weekend's ago - is also non-slip once more!

Hi Vick7, whereabouts did you see the 130bar washer for E145? What was the flow rate? On the lookout for one myself.

Agree with Raiser though...it's not all about the pressure. High pressure will get things clean but will also do a lot of damage, most often irrpairable so be careful!

A rule of thumb I was told is to multiply the the litres per minute flow by the normal operating pressure. The bigger that number the better the "cleaning effect".

390 L/H. I checked three argos's online and between them they had a total of 4 left so plan to get one tomorrow.
    Challenge Xtreme 2500Watt Pressure Washer
    I was told to alway spray at an angle not straight on and it's fine. I live on a farm so more uses than just washing the car so I want power.

I live on a farm so more uses than just washing the car so I want power.

390l/h and 135 bar sounds ideal, especially for heavier work you've planned.

Would like a patio cleaner too, which makes the Aldi pressure washer + patio cleaner very tempting, especially at the price.

How long do those specials last. Will it be in Aldi all week or gone today?

Depends on demand. Usually all specials last in store for a week but often sell out quicker.

Advertisement