Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a door bell - Simple stuff!

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I bought a 4 wire door chime, but only have two wires!

The door chime has / - +8v -8v as the four inputs. The first two coming from the door bell, the second two supplying power.

However, my circuit is only two wires from the transformer to the door bell and then to the chime (the old chime only had two wires supplying it!).

Is it ok (or would it work) to loop two of the four inputs for the chime?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I'd say you'll only need to use 2 terminals.

2 of those wires that you have are from the push button and two from the transformer.

You will have to suss out what is what and 2 of them will need to be joined and the other two connected to the terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I'd say you'll only need to use 2 terminals.

2 of those wires that you have are from the push button and two from the transformer.

You will have to suss out what is what and 2 of them will need to be joined and the other two connected to the terminals.

That worked - looped the connections.

Advertisement