Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary early retire- lose rights to remedy?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

If I accept a voluntary retirement package and leave, do I give up my rights of redress?

I feel like I'm being forced out by a number of unpleasant incidents, on-going negative situations, no longer clear what my duties are (they keep changing).

It's been clear a while, they want me gone. Lately I've been subjected to a number of very upsetting actions and inactions which I have learned were breaking laws (failure to provide reasonable accommodation/take appropriate measures regarding disabilities, harassment, etc).

It's a large company and they have a voluntary early retirement offer on the table. I've a few yrs yet to go before 65, but under the circumstances, it is becoming really horrible to be here and is making me sicker.

I won't be able to get another job. I'm in a construction/design related field, close enough to 65 to make me less marketable, etc. I have arthritis and other disabilities which limit alternatives to my usual job.

If I take the early retirement package, do I just starve on the meager outlay (less than €100 per week) between now and 65? Or will I be entitled to things like rent allowance? I am single, no dependents.

Or should I stick it out here while my physical and mental health continue to deteriorate? And.... how does one proceed through grievance processes when one is supposed to be working??? If stay, I will have to take formal proceedings against them and I really don't want to do that. Nasty business, solicitors, time, energy.....

:-(

Advertisement