Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I will anyways!! I'm using a Smart modem at the moment but to be honest the wireless on it is fairly poor. I have a wireless router (Peak) and I want to set up a bridge so that I can use the wireless from that, but I'm not sure how to do it on the Smart modem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

There's not a real need to bridge your Smart modem. This is how I'd do it:

Decide if the Smart or Peak box will issue DHCP (assign IP addresses) & turn off/on the service as per you decision

Give the Peak box a unique IP address based on the Smart IP scheme, i.e, 192.168.*.* (keeping it outside the DHCP range is a good idea)

Take a regular CAT5 cable, connect the Smart and Peak boxes together via LAN ports.

Configure the wireless on the Peak and away you go.

Advertisement