Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert of compliance

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I want to sell my house, do I need to get an up-to-date cert of compliance or is the original kept with the deeds? I haven't done anything to the house since it was originally built?
    Regards,
    Bryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It depends on what your solicitor wants. Usually the Certificate of Compliance would go with the deeds to register title and a signed affidavit from yourself saying no extra works were carried out might suffice.

The solicitors for any purchasers may not accept this as you may not be qualified to judge whether any works would need independant Certification or not, so from this view point an up to date Certificate of Compliance may be needed, or at the least an affidavit from a qualified source.

Advertisement