Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Chelsea Dilemma

• 29-04-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Quick question probably done to death. Lets say spurs win saturday at home to bolton puting liverpool 5 points behind with two games to play. Will Liverpool fans cheer on Liverpool to try get 5th or 6th or will they hope Chelsea beat Liverpool stopping united winning 19, to stop united winning 4 in a row and to stop fergie knocking liverpool off their ****ing perch on hold for another season at least.

Please dont make refernce to 95 anywhere in the thread simply cos in 95 united weren't going for 19 or 4 in a row and they hadn't been dominating the english league for the previous 15 years

Who will you be supporting Sunday 128 votes

Liverpool (Liverpool fans)
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool (United fans)
    44% 57 votes
    Chelsea (Liverpool fans)
    55% 71 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'd imagine most Liverpool fans will want Liverpool to win as most other games. Them beating Chelsea wouldn't nessacerily hand United the title anyway.

They might be knocking off their perch league wise but Liverpool still have 2 more European Cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And what about us City/Spurs/Villa fans?

Must be National Liverpool Day on Boards or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

city/spurs/villa fans don't matter in this cos why would ye cheer for liverpool ye have to support chelsea to stop liverpool making your threesome a fourway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

why would Utd cheer for anyone bar Liverpool? they shouldn't be in the poll either really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I want whatever team is put out against Chelsea to give their all to try and get three points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

`Watched the CL match last night with 4 other lads

2 x MU
    1 x Pool
    1 x Chelsea

the two MU heads asked the pool fella for a lend of a jersey for Sunday, the pool fella asked the Chelsea fella for a lend of a Chelsea jersey

Xavi6 wrote: »

Why would City/Villa/Spurs fans care about whether Liverpool fans would prefer to lose and see Chelsea maybe win the title or win and see United maybe win the title?

The race for 4th, 5th and 6th is totally in the hands of City/Spurs/Villa. The only way that Liverpool can nip in is if those clubs mess up badly.

Des wrote: »
    `Watched the CL match last night with 4 other lads

2 x MU
    1 x Pool
    1 x Chelsea

the two MU heads asked the pool fella for a lend of a jersey for Sunday, the pool fella asked the Chelsea fella for a lend of a Chelsea jersey

Die hard fans by the sounds of it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Even though it is an outside chance, any Liverpool supporter hoping not to win while 4th is still a mathematical possibility needs to seriously look at themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wish it was a public poll - would love to know which Liverpool fans want to see their team lose.

Would never, ever, want to see United lose a game, regardless of how it might effect other teams.

• Advertisement

ideally, Liverpool win and Sunderland do the favour.

if Liverpool lose, i'll obviously have a sly grin to an extent.

all Liverpool fans will.

and if Utd fans were in our position, they'd be the same.

we still have something to play for, especially if all those around us drop points, as the most unlikely miracle since Jesus' wine cellar could still be on, so we have to go for the victory.

Wish it was a public poll - would love to know which Liverpool fans want to see their team lose.

Would never, ever, want to see United lose a game, regardless of how it might effect other teams.

Too right. And the vast majority of Liverpool fans have the same attitude about Liverpool FC.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The pool lads are professionals, they wont be thinking of "oh if we win this the manc scum are going to win the title" They'll be thinking i'm going out to give Chelski a good battering and show even though we've had a bad season we can beat anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who will I be supporting on Sunday?

Sheffield Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

<
    Chelsea fan.

At 4:00pm will become a Sunderland fan :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

these polls are pointless if they aren't public. I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of the 'liverpool' fans voting are not liverpool fans at all but jokers messing with the poll for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Kess73 wrote: »
    Why would City/Villa/Spurs fans care about whether Liverpool fans would prefer to lose and see Chelsea maybe win the title or win and see United maybe win the title?

The race for 4th, 5th and 6th is totally in the hands of City/Spurs/Villa. The only way that Liverpool can nip in is if those clubs mess up badly.

I'd imagine we'd prefer if United didn't win the title.. Lmao!

copacetic wrote: »
    these polls are pointless if they aren't public. I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of the 'liverpool' fans voting are not liverpool fans at all but jokers messing with the poll for a laugh.

you'd hope so, right now it indicates more Liverpool 'fans' will turn their back on the their club because they hate United more than they profess to love Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

couldn't find the one where the pool fan said he'd prefer to see Liverpool relegated before seeing Utd win 19 titles. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My support for Liverpool > My hatred of United

Therefore I want Liverpool to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

football is a strange game and anything can happen so as long it is still mathamatically possible for liverpool to get 4th there is not a hope in hell i would want liverpool to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

For the next few days I'll be a pool fan :D

Its not so bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm sure most Liverpool fans would want to see their team beat Chelsea. Just because it has bearings on the title race shouldn't mean that they hope their team lose - the only reason being the rivalry between themselves and Man. United. Every Liverpool supporter I know would never dream of backing another side against their own team.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    football is a strange game and anything can happen so as long it is still mathamatically possible for liverpool to get 4th there is not a hope in hell i would want liverpool to lose.

It's possible for Liverpool to get a champions league spot without 4th.

Maybe a better questions would be would you be sad, if Liverpool lost on Sunday? Since all the shifty eyed pool supporters must maintain the same story. Ah yeah... Liverpool all the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

FFS. And I mean really. We have a thread up on will Liverpool throw Chelsea game up already Multiple threads being put up all over the place here. Have kept very patient on the whole gerrard lark but this is getting ridiculous now. Enough is enough.:mad::mad::mad:

SeanKev wrote: »
    I'd imagine we'd prefer if United didn't win the title.. Lmao!

That is obvious enough, but my question was why would City/Spurs/Villa fans care about what Liverpool fans would prefer to have happen against Chelsea, not what result would City/Spurs/Villa fans prefer to see happen.

Surely City fans would care about the result of the game, but not give a toss as to what the thoughts of Liverpool fans were on it?

FFS. And I mean really. We have a thread up on will Liverpool throw Chelsea game up already Multiple threads being put up all over the place here. Have kept very patient on the whole gerrard lark but this is getting ridiculous now. Enough is enough.:mad::mad::mad:

report it then and let the mods deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It's possible for Liverpool to get a champions league spot without 4th.

Maybe a better questions would be would you be sad, if Liverpool lost on Sunday? Since all the shifty eyed pool supporters must maintain the same story. Ah yeah... Liverpool all the way...

of course i would be sad, i am gutted any time we lose a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I can't imagine any Liverpool fan wanting them to lose on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

SlickRic wrote: »
    report it then and let the mods deal with it.
    I do report stuff occassionally. And to be fair some other poster was on about the other Liverpool Chelsea thread recently. Making a point here and it needs to be said. Like I said there was a lot of stuff that went on last week and it seems to be carrying on until the next week.
    To remind folks. There are other games being played. United still have to play Sunderland. They have got a result at home in 16 of their 18 games there. Could put a thread up about that but wont.
    A bit of fair play in order here.

adox wrote: »
    I can't imagine any Liverpool fan wanting them to lose on Sunday.

Well I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I do want Chelsea to win. :P

Could put a thread up about that but wont.

what the hell are you jabbering on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hard to decipher.

Think he's saying too much is being made of the Liverpool Chelsea game?

he wants people to stop posting in any way negatively about Liverpool, it offends his sensibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I want Liverpool to win every game they play, that doesn't change

If beating Chelsea hands the title to Man U then fair play they deserve it

If they over take us in the number of league titles then so what, we will just have to be better and win more

No point harping on about it, someone was going to overtake us eventually the ****e we have had to put up with for the last couple of decades

• Advertisement

Making a point here and it needs to be said.

no it doesn't.

and if you really feel it does, there's some wonderful little functions you can use;

1) ignore
    2) report
    3) PM a mod or something

making your points in here annoys people, derails threads, and makes idiots like myself respond and derail the thread further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Xavi6 wrote: »

Its national Liverpool/United day(s) on boards most days in fairness.

I do report stuff occassionally. And to be fair some other poster was on about the other Liverpool Chelsea thread recently. Making a point here and it needs to be said. Like I said there was a lot of stuff that went on last week and it seems to be carrying on until the next week.
    To remind folks. There are other games being played. United still have to play Sunderland. They have got a result at home in 16 of their 18 games there. Could put a thread up about that but wont.

In fairness you have started your fair share of Liverpool threads that could have been placed within the LFC superthread, like your SOS one some time back, so to complain about others doing so brings glasshouses and stones to mind.

As Slick has already said, if it offends you, report it to the mods and they can look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Even though it is an outside chance, any Liverpool supporter hoping not to win while 4th is still a mathematical possibility needs to seriously look at themselves.

Agreed. 4th isn't gone til its gone so why throw the game? Should be motivation enough.

I hope we win, I don't give a fcuk about any other team tbh.

Whether we are capable of doing that is another story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'll cheer for a win, and I'll cheer that United **** up their chance that we've gifted them. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Its going to be a strange one.

If Spurs drop points to Bolton then I want us to win. Us getting fourth is more important to me than United beating our record as the future of the club weighs heavily on it.

However if Spurs win we are out of the race for fourth spot. I want Chelsea to win.

People can get on their high horses about "id never want my club to loose" but to be honest having United get 19 league titles would top of the ****tiest of **** seasons and it would be awful to know that Ferguson overtook us.

In my eyes 5th/6th/7th place is far less important than Liverpool being surpassed by United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I dunno why this is such a big deal for Liverpool fans. At some point United will pass them out. It probably won't be this year but within the next 2-3 years United will beat that record. Hell the way things are now City have a better chance of getting 19 than Liverpool do.

I'll be supporting Chelsea cos it's what I do. I'd lose respect for any Liverpool fan that wanted to see them lose to Chelsea.

And part of it sounds like ready made excuse for the result that is likely to develop on Sunday. "Oh but we didn't want to win anyway, I'm glad we didn't"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Holy crap not another thread on this.

Its Liverpools last home game of the season co i cant see them not wanting to win.

I as a Liverpool fan also want them to win I don't care about any other teams apart from Derry City and Liverpool.

I don't care if United win 10 in a row as long as Liverpool play to win every game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I think it'll be a good chance for Danny Ayala. I’d probably give him another run out after doing well against Burnley. Mind you, to make things a bit easier for him I’d want to surround him with some players he’s used to playing with. Mavinga and Palsson can join him in the back four, with Mendy at right back to deal with Malouda.

It might be worth using Plessis just in front of them to deal with the threat of Lampard, and I liked Degen’s cameo on the right wing against West Ham last week. He could be the missing ‘X factor’ that gives us the edge, and given how Chelsea have occasionally looked vulnerable to height, I’d give Jordy Brouwer his long awaited debut up front............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think it'll be a good chance for Danny Ayala. I’d probably give him another run out after doing well against Burnley. Mind you, to make things a bit easier for him I’d want to surround him with some players he’s used to playing with. Mavinga and Palsson can join him in the back four, with Mendy at right back to deal with Malouda.

It might be worth using Plessis just in front of them to deal with the threat of Lampard, and I liked Degen’s cameo on the right wing against West Ham last week. He could be the missing ‘X factor’ that gives us the edge, and given how Chelsea have occasionally looked vulnerable to height, I’d give Jordy Brouwer his long awaited debut up front............

That's all well and good but not really answering the question. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who will I be supporting on Sunday?

Sheffield Wednesday.

Another massive game thats definitely worth a mention.

Rooney10, your sig is bad, mmmkay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I dunno why this is such a big deal for Liverpool fans. At some point United will pass them out.

That'e exactly why it's a big deal. The funny thing about the rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd is that United have never had more league titles than Liverpool. They've caught up to us on a few occasions, but they've never overtaken us. There has never been a point in their history where Man Utd fans could call themselves the most successful club in the league. It's a great record for our club to have, and not one we'll be happy to give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wanna win.

Won't be as disappointed as usual if we lose.

That is all - no dilemma.

• Advertisement
Advertisement