Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Chelsea Dilemma

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Just want us to win, don't care if Spurs or City or Villa haven't opened a bigger gap, don't care if it helps United win the title.

Title is won or lost over 38 games, and if I had to pinpoint a shift in the title race it wouldn't be United beating Sunderland and Chelsea losing to Liverpool - it would be last week when Chelsea got dicked by Spurs, and then United handed Spurs a hot dicking of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mayordenis wrote: »
    Just want us to win, don't care if Spurs or City or Villa haven't opened a bigger gap, don't care if it helps United win the title.

Title is won or lost over 38 games, and if I had to pinpoint a shift in the title race it wouldn't be United beating Sunderland and Chelsea losing to Liverpool - it would be last week when Chelsea got dicked by Spurs, and then United handed Spurs a hot dicking of their own.

I do worry about you sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In Rafa I trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Des wrote: »
    `Watched the CL match last night with 4 other lads

2 x MU
    1 x Pool
    1 x Chelsea

the two MU heads asked the pool fella for a lend of a jersey for Sunday, the pool fella asked the Chelsea fella for a lend of a Chelsea jersey

Reminds me of the last day of the 99 season when Arsenal and Utd were going for the title. In my local, a few Liverpool fans came in wearing Arsenal jerseys, and a few Spurs fans wore United tops (and Spurs were PLAYING United that day). All a bit pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Iang87 wrote: »
    city/spurs/villa fans don't matter in this cos why would ye cheer for liverpool ye have to support chelsea to stop liverpool making your threesome a fourway

Look, as long as Liverpool are considerate lovers, maybe cuddling up after coitus, I'm happy for them to make it a ménage à quatre.

The 11 Liverpool "fans" who've voted already should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

In Rafa I trust.

Ugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Liverpool fan, i hope Chelsea beat us.

el dude wrote: »
    Liverpool fan, i hope Chelsea beat us.

why? are you going to honestly what that game and want us to lose?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can you really call yourself a supported if you're cheering for the other team? Ridiculous that so many liverpool fans voted for supporting Chelsea.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

why? are you going to honestly what that game and want us to lose?

Even if you don't agree with it you surely know why some Liverpool fans might want us to lose right?

And, yeah, i guess so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Even if you don't agree with it you surely know why some Liverpool fans might want us to lose right?

And, yeah, i guess so.

You'd cheer if Lampard beats Reina and scores? :confused:

Nah the league is well over for us. We are barely challenging for 4th which should of been minimum at the start of the season. All that's left is the Europa Cup. A meaningless loss against Chelsea isn't going mean much at the end of the season. Whereas in the greater scheme of things you'll never hear the end of it from Utd fans...

And, yeah, i guess so.

I know the reasoning but I would never accept that, just support the team, try and beat the team who are currently top - and if that helps United, so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

To all the Liverpool "fans" who voted that you hope Chelsea win, I hope you get embarrassed 7-0 and then the other results go against you too and you don't even finish 7th, you'd deserve it.

What kind of abject moron wants their team to lose?

To all the Liverpool "fans" who voted that you hope Chelsea win, I hope you get embarrassed 7-0 and then the other results go against you too and you don't even finish 7th, you'd deserve it.

Good then I'll be happy that Utd won't win the title hahaha :p

• Advertisement

I know the reasoning but I would never accept that, just support the team, try and beat the team who are currently top - and if that helps United, so be it.

Good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

maybe if the poll was public we could actually see how many of them were actuall liverpool fans instead of tossers try to stir **** by voting that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You'd cheer if Lampard beats Reina and scores? :confused:

Yep, while jacking off. Sorta sado-masochist thing goin on.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    maybe if the poll was public we could actually see how many of them were actuall liverpool fans instead of tossers try to stir **** by voting that way

Well hang on a minute, there are Liverpool fans actually posting in this thread justifying that choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Good then I'll be happy that Utd won't win the title hahaha :p

so even if it meant you own team not making the European Mickey Mouse league abnd probably gettign the manager the sack, the mind boggles (sorry Boggles:p)

• Advertisement

Just LoL at all the denigrative adjectives been used, why is it so hard to accept that some fans would rather see Utd lose for definite than a half hearted chance at 4th. Which when you look at the season as a whole is rather sad.

Just LoL at all the denigrative adjectives been used, why is it so hard to accept that some fans would rather see Utd lose for definite than a half hearted chance at 4th. Which when you look at the season as a whole is rather sad.

It's a small-time attitude.

so even if it meant you own team not making the European Mickey Mouse league abnd probably gettign the manager the sack, the mind boggles (sorry Boggles:p)

Well there's still a chance for the CL qualification through Europa and it's time for a change for sure. Sell the club to some rich Saudi Oil Family and get in Mourinho. Happy Days. Liverpool haven't tasted League success in a long time we've forgotten what it's all about...

It's a small-time attitude.

Well... you are a Utd fan are you not?

Actually it's a big picture attitude.

:eek::mad:

Shelbourne my friend.

:eek::mad:

Shelbourne my friend.

Serious?

I always though you had a pro Utd stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wish it was a public poll - would love to know which Liverpool fans want to see their team lose.

Would never, ever, want to see United lose a game, regardless of how it might effect other teams.

Im a Liverpool fan and agree totally

I want my team to do as best they can and if due to that Utd win the league fair play to them. They will have got the most points over the season. im more pissed off at our poor showing this year and the lost opportunity to have a real go given the quality of the league this year

Serious?

I always though you had a pro Utd stance.

Nope, sure I'm one of the most militant LoIers on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Well there's still a chance for the CL qualification through Europa and it's time for a change for sure.

What? UEFA already changed the rules for you once, they're not changing them again.

Well there's still a chance for the CL qualification through Europa

um, no there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wheres the Man Utd /Man Utd fan option. I hope chelsea slip up on sunday but there is no way I will be supporting Liverpool, it's not like it's in their hands to do UTD a favour, If chelsea play as well as they can they will win the game. There is no dilema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm a United fan but hope Liverpool win so I seletced the Liverpool (United fans).

Actually it's a big picture attitude.

It really isn't looking at the big Picture - wanting us to lose? Wanting us not to accumulate as many points as possible? Wanting us not to beat the team at the top?

There's no ****ing point in holding a record of League Titles if we're just going to Bitch and moan about other teams doing well - We shouldn't be desperately hoping United don't overtake us - we should look at beating a quality side in Chelsea, looking at getting as close to 4th as possible - and then looking at if this leads to United winning the league and taking the record then pushing on and trying to take it back - the right way.

It's ****ing embaressing to be associated with anyone who wants their own club to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It really isn't looking at the big Picture - wanting us to lose? Wanting us not to accumulate as many points as possible? Wanting us not to beat the team at the top?

There's no ****ing point in holding a record of League Titles if we're just going to Bitch and moan about other teams doing well - We shouldn't be desperately hoping United don't overtake us - we should look at beating a quality side in Chelsea, looking at getting as close to 4th as possible - and then looking at if this leads to United winning the league and taking the record then pushing on and trying to take it back - the right way.

It's ****ing embaressing to be associated with anyone who wants their own club to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

in my opinion come the end of this year liverpool will only have there proud history to look back on who knows we might add a eurovision title if we beat atletico tonight.

i said in the original post that if spurs beat bolton more or less making it impossible for us to get 4th would people prefer chelsea win. Realistically think about this Liverpool 5 european cups and 18 leagues wont mean very much if united do 4 in a row cos in my view that is a bigger accomplishment outdoing most things that any other club will ever do.

So i will prefer chelsea to win sunday stopping united doing that. is that high horses i hear in the background oh and any fan of united who says they wouldn't cheer against united if roles were reversed to be honest is a liar

Well I think that's idiotic.

So weak.

Well I think that's idiotic.

So weak.

Ooh you're in for it now CivilSevant - you're going to get a good dicking!

noodler wrote: »
    Ooh you're in for it now CivilSevant - you're going to get a good dicking!

Hot Dicking - get your jibes right.

Hot Dicking - get your jibes right.

I apologise sir, please don't give me a dicking - hot or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So i will prefer chelsea to win sunday stopping united doing that. is that high horses i hear in the background oh and any fan of united who says they wouldn't cheer against united if roles were reversed to be honest is a liar

Honestly if I was in your shoes I would want my team to win the match and then hope for Sunderland to win afterwards.

Wanting your own team to lose goes against what it means to be a supporter. The clue is in the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's ok to maybe laugh a little bit at Utd's expense in retrospect if we lose, but no way in hell should we, as fans, ever be actively wanting Liverpool to lose a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

in my opinion come the end of this year liverpool will only have there proud history to look back on who knows we might add a eurovision title if we beat atletico tonight.

i said in the original post that if spurs beat bolton more or less making it impossible for us to get 4th would people prefer chelsea win. Realistically think about this Liverpool 5 european cups and 18 leagues wont mean very much if united do 4 in a row cos in my view that is a bigger accomplishment outdoing most things that any other club will ever do.

In other words YNWA*

*unless our chances of 4th are a bit unrealistic and therefore I would quite like the mancs not to win the league again, in that case best if ye walk alone for a bit. see ye next season lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I won't be supporting chelsea or hoping we lose but if we do lose I won't really care. If results go against us and 4th is out I'd love to see us giving 2 or 3 of the reserve lads a run out.

Likewise.

Also it's only a game man, calm down... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If Everton beat Stoke on Saturday.

Liverpool will need a point from the Chelsea match to guarantee 7th.

If Liverpool lose. It goes down to the last game of the season.

There is incentive for Liverpool on Sunday. European football next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Boggles wrote: »
    If Everton beat Stoke on Saturday.

Liverpool will need a point from the Chelsea match to guarantee 7th.

If Liverpool lose. It goes down to the last game of the season.

There is incentive for Liverpool on Sunday. European football next season.

what if they win the Europa league boggles ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Any Liverpool 'fan' who actually wants their team to lose, simply isn't a Liverpool fan, they are just an ABU. Absolutely pathetic, bitter and small time.

I could understand Liverpool fans not being as disappointed with a loss as they normall would, but to actively WANT 'their' team to lose is just freaking shamefull. Those of you who voted you'll be supporting Chelsea are a disgrace and should just acknowledge that you are not actually Liverpool fans/supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wish it was a public poll - would love to know which Liverpool fans want to see their team lose.

Would never, ever, want to see United lose a game, regardless of how it might effect other teams.

This. 15 pure idiots masquerading as Liverpool fans have visited this thread already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

This thread should be merged with the barstoolers one and renamed, "The Rules of being a Fan according to boards.ie".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This. 15 pure idiots masquerading as Liverpool fans have visited this thread already.
    Yes no matter what, fans pay good money to see their team perform to their best of their ability.
    The Liverpool way has always been to try their best. It's been a keyword with Rafa. Try.
    Wouldn't accept a substandard display from the Pool this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement