Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Chelsea Dilemma

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

You know that saying mormank "ye'd fight with your own toenails"....Well that springs to mind trying to discuss this with some of these guys, best to let them have the last word and head away.....seriously, some of them need that last word as much as they need oxygen:)

You know your own thoughts on Liverpool and that's what counts!!!!
    My thoughts anyway

I just honestly cannot believer the distain I am getting from some people on here, obviously the usual clowns are jumping on it like every other occasion they get the chance to, we all know who they are. But I am genuinely surprised at the reactions from more well established pool fans on here. I skyped my liverpool supporting mates back home just this week and we were all in agreement it was chelsea all the way!

Maybe I feel sad for the people who cannot even understand why we would be doing this, let alone being able to bring themselves to join us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

mormank wrote: »
    I just honestly cannot believer the distain I am getting from some people on here, obviously the usual clowns are jumping on it like every other occasion they get the chance to, we all know who they are. But I am genuinely surprised at the reactions from more well established pool fans on here. I skyped my liverpool supporting mates back home just this week and we were all in agreement it was chelsea all the way!

Maybe I feel sad for the people who cannot even understand why we would be doing this, let alone being able to bring themselves to join us...

ABU's then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

think ye should all quit the debating and support whoever the hell ye want to support tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I reckon that most people do understand it. They are just Pool supporters before anything else and want their team to win. Thats normal.

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Your a small minded Liverpool supporter, stick with Chelsea buddy with the kind of supporters like your around you and Chelsea deserve each other.

Eh, no I'm not. Who do you think you are calling me that anyway?? I'm as die hard as anyone else here, probably more so than alot of ye..hands up if you have watched every game this season...now hands up if you had to get up in the middle of the night to watch them all...eh no I didnt think so. HOW ARE THE PRAWN SANDWICHES BOYS???

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

I think we can understand what you mean but no matter Liverpool is my club and I want to see them beat Chelsea. As I said if Utd do win number 19 this season good luck to them. Its not there fault our clubs standards that Shankly instilled dropped so alarmly for the last 20 years, the seeds were sown over the course for 3 seasons under Souness which we have never recovered fully. Wanting to see your bitterest rivals lose the title is bitter and small minded, just like Torres related to at Atleti after he arrived at Anfield said;

'After losing 6-0(to Barca) and seeing the way it happened, after seeing all the fans, who had always been right behind their team but now weren't, I was really hurt. A team that's used to winning just doesn't go through an experience like that.

'At all clubs, the fans really hate their rivals and keep an eye on their results. But one of the problems we always had at Atletico was that the fans were too focused on Real Madrid; that was symbolic of our bad times.

'When you're not achieving anything, you focus on your rivals and hope they lose. But you reach the point where you think it's time we looked at our results and left Real Madrid alone.

'If your fans want you to lose, it's a sign that your team has nothing to play for. And when that dawns on you, it hurts.'

Liverpool should always come FIRST no matter what if you are a TRUE supporter of LFC.

I'm as die hard as anyone else here, probably more so than alot of ye.

but you want your team to lose tomorrow? real die hard!

Eh, no I'm not. Who do you think you are calling me that anyway?? I'm as die hard as anyone else here, probably more so than alot of ye..hands up if you have watched every game this season...now hands up if you had to get up in the middle of the night to watch them all...eh no I didnt think so. HOW ARE THE PRAWN SANDWICHES BOYS???

Armchair supporter alert...I go to Anfield regularly and to some European aways so I know more than most what kind of hard core support that Liverpool Football Club has and your not one of them mate no offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Your a small minded Liverpool supporter, stick with Chelsea buddy with the kind of supporters like your around you and Chelsea deserve each other.

Nice little dig in there. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Nice little dig in there. :rolleyes:

No offence to Chelsea supporters but there is some hangers that have attached to Chelsea and now Man City are the next one's in line. Its just to see this kind of ****e coming from our own supporters wanting our players to roll over which ain't going to happen. I think if it did there would be a walkout at Anfield tomorrow.

Chelsea will have to work hard tomorrow to win and if they do fair dues they would be deserving of the title. I couldn't care less about what goes on in the other game which is not a foregone conclusion which a lot of people are missing the point on. Sunderland's fans will want them to sign the season off at home with a win so tomorrow will be interesting and tricky for both title contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Now hand's up if you've ever wanted them to lose an important game?

Thats the bottm line, You either support you team 100% or you don't . real supporters would certainly never openly support another team over their own.

The OP was spot on IMO, if anyone is displaying prawn sanwich tendencies it is youself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No offence to Chelsea supporters but there is some hangers that have attached to Chelsea and now Man City are the next one's in line.

I'd hardly call them supporters to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

'If your fans want you to lose, it's a sign that your team has nothing to play for. And when that dawns on you, it hurts.'

That there could be part of the problem here, some fans still feel Liverpool have something to play for whilst a few don't?? Maybe??

Armchair supporter alert...I go to Anfield regularly and to some European aways so I know more than most what kind of hard core support that Liverpool Football Club has and your not one of them mate no offence.

Eh, I've been living in oz for the past two years mate. Thats why i watch the games on online. Don't judge me oh wise one!!

Eh, I've been living in oz for the past two years mate. Thats why i watch the games on online. Don't judge me oh wise one!!

Still didn't stop me from coming over to games. Fair dues...I thank you for comparing me to Moses.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Now hand's up if you've ever wanted them to lose an important game?

Thats the bottm line, You either support you team 100% or you don't . real supporters would certainly never openly support another team over their own.

The OP was spot on IMO, if anyone is displaying prawn sanwich tendencies it is youself

Eh, its not an important game for us. We have nothing to play for, 7th if gauranteed and we wont get 4th. It's close to mathematically impossible now. Give me a break. So no, I have never wanted us to lose an important game. Whats wrong with you people!!! It must be very dull in your black and white colourless lives...no room for grey here at all then

Fair dues...I thank you for comparing me to Moses.

Oh right ok, so you judge a true liverpool supporter by the size of his wallet then?? Congratulations, you win at the internet!! I give up, you're better than me at this..

That there could be part of the problem here, some fans still feel Liverpool have something to play for whilst a few don't?? Maybe??

Last home game of the season, the crowd tomorrow will want a win to sign off the season at Anfield. Personally that's what I want anyways regardless of what happens at the Stadium of Light which doesn't concern me as I am neither a Sunderland or Utd supporter. Liverpool come first and foremost in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Still didn't stop me from coming over to games.

Bloody hell, that's some commitment (obsession) travelling from Oz for a game!! Certainly goes a way to explaining your stance here!!;)

Eh, its not an important game for us. We have nothing to play for, 7th if gauranteed and we wont get 4th. It's close to mathematically impossible now. Give me a break. So no, I have never wanted us to lose an important game. Whats wrong with you people!!! It must be very dull in your black and white colourless lives...no room for grey here at all then

Mate tbh I dont think you're really helping yourself here talking about important games.

Whatever about where you may finish in the league you are a supporter of YOUR team, so support them. Dont be looking over at what your rivals are doing, focus on YOUR team. It makes no difference to Pool if United win another league.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I'd hardly call them supporters to be fair.

Either would I but thats what you have to contend with in Ireland these days, we got a few of those after Istanbul.

Oh right ok, so you judge a true liverpool supporter by the size of his wallet then?? Congratulations, you win at the internet!! I give up, you're better than me at this..

I judge true Liverpool supporters no matter the situation to actually support THEIR TEAM not the opposition against us for example tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i can't wait for this game to be over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Eh, its not an important game for us. We have nothing to play for, 7th if guaranteed and we wont get 4th. It's close to mathematically impossible now. Give me a break. So no, I have never wanted us to lose an important game. Whats wrong with you people!!! It must be very dull in your black and white colourless lives...no room for grey here at all then

Every league game is an important game , plus the higher you finish the more money you get. The difference between 7th and 5th could buy you another Greek center back.

Has the importance of money disappeared on merseyside? If so someone should tell Rafa,

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't wait for this game to be over.

Make that season SlickRic, 9 days left and good riddance to 2009/10. Then the WC :D

Make that season SlickRic, 9 days left and good riddance to 2009/10. Then the WC :D

oh i've said that already on this thread.

the season needs to die.

after a good performace, and hopefully 3 points, against Chelsea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I judge true Liverpool supporters no matter the situation to actually support THEIR TEAM not the opposition against us for example tomorrow...

See you can't really argue with this. Big +1.

(This bit not directed at 5forkeeps)
    I could never imagine watching a game and wanting united to lose. regardless of what it meant, i could be happy with them walking off a pitch going we lost but look it meant x didn't win a trophy.

Now i can see the point of wanting united to not win another title, but when it comes to actively supporting the team your playing you really have to ask some serious questions like what do you want more. Liverpool to do well or united to do poorly.

yep, lordgoat, i can't imagine actively wanting Liverpool to lose.

i understand the fact Utd probably won't win the league if we lose cushioning the blow afterwards.

but that's it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

SlickRic wrote: »
    yep, lordgoat, i can't imagine actively wanting Liverpool to lose.

i understand the fact Utd probably won't win the league if we lose cushioning the blow afterwards.

but that's it.

Exactly, if my team lost (didn't roll over and give up) and it meant my rival suffered too then so be it. But it would be the view i had after the game not before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i expect at least one of our main lads from the other night, maybe Gerrard or Masch, not to start, simply cause they're ****ed after 120 mins. this will most likely cause absolute shock and outrage when it happens, but Rafa and the team will be doing their very best to win the match. no doubt in my mind.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Exactly, if my team lost (didn't roll over and give up) and it meant my rival suffered too then so be it. But it would be the view i had after the game not before it.
    That's where i'm at too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i expect at least one of our main lads from the other night, maybe Gerrard or Masch, not to start, simply cause they're ****ed after 120 mins. this will most likely cause absolute shock and outrage when it happens, but Rafa and the team will be doing their very best to win the match. no doubt in my mind.
    I can see why it'd cause outrage considering there is nothing left to rest them for. Play the last 2 games, restore a little bit of pride, then go off to the World Cup and try build up confidence for next season. Anything less than that would leave me a bit suspicious anyways.

we will approach the game wit the team that rafa thinks will give us the best chance of winning it. players who put in a monsterous shift the other night (masch) may not be near 100% so may not be included in our strongest team tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

CSF wrote: »
    I can see why it'd cause outrage considering there is nothing left to rest them for. Play the last 2 games, restore a little bit of pride, then go off to the World Cup and try build up confidence for next season. Anything less than that would leave me a bit suspicious anyways.

Of course it will, in fact, I reckon if we lose the most minor issue will cause suspicion amongst a certain section of the board.

thats the point i'm getting at. i suspect blaming Liverpool and Rafa for United losing the league (if that happens) will be a nice little excuse for United fans.

In the same way that I would expect Pool fans to want to see their team win I think us Utd fans have no right to question what team Rafa puts out. He will be doing what he feels is best for LFC and he wont care about Utd's predicament. It works both ways!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Of course it will, in fact, I reckon if we lose the most minor issue will cause suspicion amongst a certain section of the board.
    Not me, if they put the best team available to them out there, no complaints if they lose, and I'm not a United fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I kind of expect our performance to be a little lacklustre tomorrow but more because of Thursdays exertions and a subconcious acknowledgement within the players that their is nothing to really play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

id expect nothing less than 100% from liverpool tomorrow, and i hope to god Carlo is thinking the same, otherwise it could go seriously wrong for the blues.
    we need to be going to anfield with a "must win" mentality, and not get caught up in the notion liverpool will be a walkover.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Not me, if they put the best team available to them out there, no complaints if they lose, and I'm not a United fan.
    What's the best team available to him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I am predicting a two goal victory for Chelski. Pool, (without Torres) and absolutely shattered from Thursday are playing poorly enough. Chelsea are scoring goals for fun again. Pool will probably limp to a seventh place finish. Chelsea are probably going to win the league. Keep the conspiracy theories, I really do not think we will win. Sad, but true, time will tell.

What's the best team available to him?
    I understand what you're saying here, and I'd agree that its open to interpretation, and I'd like to think people wouldn't base a conspiracy theory on a difference of opinion on the best possible team (wouldn't put it past the Irish United fans though, by and large they're not the brightest bunch) but there are certain players that it would be impossible to dispute as being part of the best team available. If any of Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Gerrard, Mascherano and Kuyt (injuries permitting) aren't playing I'd have to raise eyebrows. I think Benitez is far too proud a man to pull anything like that though.

i genuinely think one of those big names won't be playing. kuyt played 120 mins the other despite being an injury doubt coming into the game, masch also played over 100 minutes and put in a truly mammoth performance.

i genuinely think one of those big names won't be playing. kuyt played 120 mins the other despite being an injury doubt coming into the game, masch also played over 100 minutes and put in a truly mammoth performance.
    But what is the point in resting them? What are you resting them for? If Kuyt has reacted badly to playing with the injury fair enough, but otherwise why do you need to rest your players in preparation for one final game of the season against the worst team in this league imo? This game is the game where they might actually need the players to get the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm watching Premier Soccer Saturday on RTE2 and Con whatshisface says that John Aldridge is quoted in one of papers saying if he had a last minute penalty to win the game tomorrow, he'd balloon it over the bar :eek::D.

I don't know what to make of that one. I reckon, in reality he would try to score!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He probably meant the nerves would get to him.... he is pushing on a bit:D

Nah I read what he said, it was just typical John Aldridge being an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No matter what i still can't bring myself to support the scousers tomorrow, even though they could hand us the league i just can't do it.

It goes against everything i have stood for in the past 30 years.

If Chelsea win then fair enough, we'll still get to 19 before them so i'm not worried

scudzilla wrote: »
    No matter what i still can't bring myself to support the scousers tomorrow, even though they could hand us the league i just can't do it.

If Chelsea win then fair enough, we'll still get to 19 before them so i'm not worried
    Jesus the fake fans really come out on both sides at a time like this.

scudzilla wrote: »

so you stand for 'against Liverpool at all costs', more than 'for Utd at all costs'?

brilliant.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement