Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Chelsea Dilemma

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

scudzilla wrote: »
    No matter what i still can't bring myself to support the scousers tomorrow, even though they could hand us the league i just can't do it.

It goes against everything i have stood for in the past 30 years.

If Chelsea win then fair enough, we'll still get to 19 before them so i'm not worried

Now this, i don't get. How in God's name can you not be up for Liverpool tomorrow?? Liverpool winning has positive connations for your own club.

I would have no problem whatsoever cheering on Utd if it meant Liverpool winning the league. And it wouldn't feel dirty either, cos my cheering for Utd would be a proxy for cheering for Liverpool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Any United fans who think it's any way 'wrong' or 'dirty' to want Liverpool to win seriously need to evaluate their own lives.

It's football, Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Holy crap 36% of Liverpool fans who voted went for Chelsea to beat them. Opinions on barstoolers further confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

monkey9 wrote: »
    Now this, i don't get. How in God's name can you not be up for Liverpool tomorrow?? Liverpool winning has positive connations for your own club.

I would have no problem whatsoever cheering on Utd if it meant Liverpool winning the league. And it wouldn't feel dirty either, cos my cheering for Utd would be a proxy for cheering for Liverpool!!

He must be a "superfan" whereas the rest of the Utd fans who would cheer Liverpool on tomorrow are only "fans"!!!!
    And the Liverpool fans who will openly or quietly cheer for Chelsea tomorrow aren't fans at all.....

This "fan" thing is getting awful complicated, loads of layers to it:confused::rolleyes:

He must be a "superfan" whereas the rest of the Utd fans who would cheer Liverpool on tomorrow are only "fans"!!!!
    And the Liverpool fans who will openly or quietly cheer for Chelsea tomorrow aren't fans at all.....

This "fan" thing is getting awful complicated, loads of layers to it:confused::rolleyes:
    Guessing you aren't one then. For those who are, it ain't too hard to get.

CSF wrote: »

Haha, if you say so "fan" expert........;)

Haha, if you say so "fan" expert........;)
    Not an expert, just a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not a superfan, just that i've been to Anfield many many times supporting United and after some of the crap thats happened i will never ever support anything to do with that club, yes, even if it means United winning the league.

If they get a result tomorrow and it helps us then fine, but i won't be rooting for them

Not a superfan, just that i've been to Anfield many many times supporting United and after some of the crap thats happened i will never ever support anything to do with that club, yes, even if it means United winning the league.

If they get a result tomorrow and it helps us then fine, but i won't be rooting for them
    Embarassed for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

And the same, i'm sure, can be said vice versa!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Embarassed for you.

Christ, would you stop judging people for 5 minutes?

noodler wrote: »
    Christ, would you stop judging people for 5 minutes?
    If people stop being ridiculous for 5 minutes, you got yourself a deal. You can't come onto a football forum, say you're hoping for the outcome that benefits your team least, and expect to be taken seriously and not get hassle for it.

I've honestly no problem with you not supporting Liverpool tomorrow at all in Uniteds quest for the title, none at all, honestly........no.. I mean it really.

Each fan to their own is the point I'm trying to make, some will support rival teams and some will not, some will even withdraw support from their team momentarily if it doesn't matter to their team on the day but will scupper a rival teams chances. some won't even support a rival team like Scudzilla even if it is beneficial to their team!!!
    Some feel they can define what is is to be a fan, they can't....It means different things to different people.....
    It's not fcuking black and white!!!

I wasn't poking fun at you Scudzilla, just pointing out how ridiculous this argument is by making out that you must then be a "superfan" if you won't support Liverpool tomorrow even to further your teams chances....

I hope I've explained that properly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Holy crap 36% of Liverpool fans who voted went for Chelsea to beat them. Opinions on barstoolers further confirmed.

Oh god, what makes you so perfect? Ever hear the phrase "he who is without sin cast the first stone"?? in fact this guy who said this has alot to offer and maybe you should read what he has to say and really take it in...i mean really take it in...

this is just a crazy argument and i think you should get that chip off your shoulder!!

Well let me ask people this then, if liverpool were going into the last day of the season needing utd to lose win the league would we all be supporting man utd for the day or is that not allowed under this new super fandom???

i wish you could all hear ye're selves sometimes and realise how ridiculous ye sound with all this 'mormank isnt a true fan BS'. I'm so happy im not in denial like you guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

6 am... only 7 and half hours to go!

C'mon Liverpool :)

Would love to see us win 19!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's the simplist thing in the world really. Hoping your team wins matches/trophies is the core of being a fan. I dint even think it's open to debate.

The fact that some fans can't see that not cheering for their team, or probably worse, not cheering for their rivals so their own team may win the league shows that their hatred for their rivals surpasses their support for their own team.

There has been lots of preachy threads in the soccer forum and they drive me mad, but I 100% agree with them here. The fact that it has to be debated sort of proves the point it's making.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As an avid united fan i'd just like to say i will be 100% behind liverpool tomorrow and delighted if the get something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

lordgoat wrote: »
    As an avid united fan i'd just like to say i will be 100% behind liverpool tomorrow and delighted if the get something.

What about today's match though? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

absoulty no question, want liverpool to win today, even if we do beat chelsea, utd still have to win their game, even then it will only put them two points ahead with a game to play

obvioulsy i dont want utd to get a 19th title, which will be one more than us, but they have played way way better than liverpool this season and it will be deserved if won

See, it's this kinda statement that $%%ing irritates me, I'm not altogether bothered about the fact that others may disagree with my view on what it is to be a "fan", that's fine, it's called being allowed to form and express an opinion!!!!
    Just because I disagree with your version or anyone elses version of being a "fan" does not mean I am not a "fan":confused:.
    I don't accuse you of it, it's not my place!!! and neither is it yours

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Reina, Mascherano, Agger, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Gerrard, Lucas, Aquilani, Maxi, Benayoun, Kuyt

Strong side we have put out...

See, it's this kinda statement that $%%ing irritates me, I'm not altogether bothered about the fact that others may disagree with my view on what it is to be a "fan", that's fine, it's called being allowed to form and express an opinion!!!!
    Just because I disagree with your version or anyone elses version of being a "fan" does not mean I am not a "fan":confused:.
    I don't accuse you of it, it's not my place!!! and neither is it yours
    How could you possibly accuse me of it? I go to see my team play every week, pretty much worship them and couldn't even fathom hoping they ever do anything other than win. So yes as far as I'm concerned I'm in a decent position to comment on people who show pretty poor commitment to the team they claim to support.

How could you possibly accuse me of it? I go to see my team play every week, pretty much worship them and couldn't even fathom hoping they ever do anything other than win. So yes as far as I'm concerned I'm in a decent position to comment on people who show pretty poor commitment to the team they claim to support.

What you don't see is that I'm not accusing you of not being a fa.....aw, feck it, what's the bloody point???
    And at this I pretty much give up:(

What you don't see is that I'm not accusing you of not being a fa.....aw, feck it, what's the bloody point???
    And at this I pretty much give up:(
    Yay I win:D

• Advertisement

Yay I win:D

Yes, you do but I'LL BE BACK (done in best Arnie accent) so watch out!;):D

Anyhow, nothing wrong with a good old discussion now and again.....

haha it seems a certain mr gerrard agrees wth me on this one! ha i suppose he's not a true fan either..if you look at his face closely enough you can see him shouting "now" to drogba as he gave that pass!! :D I win at the internet...

mormank wrote: »
    haha it seems a certain mr gerrard agrees wth me on this one! ha i suppose he's not a true fan either..
    Nope hes not, hes a bit pathetic tbh. Has been all season for Liverpool, couldn't give a crap about the club anymore. So yes, probably a good case study to draw comparison with.

Nope hes not, hes a bit pathetic tbh. Has been all season for Liverpool, couldn't give a crap about the club anymore. So yes, probably a good case study to draw comparison with.

I really wish you could hear yourself and how ridiculous your argument has gotten. Calling into question the 'fandom' of our club captain that has been the heart and soul of our team for the past decade??? This is where i should leave the discussion i feel...How on earth could i be a fan if stevie doesnt qualify in your eyes??

I really wish you could hear yourself and how ridiculous your argument has gotten. Calling into question the 'fandom' of our club captain that has been the heart and soul of our team for the past decade??? This is where i should leave the discussion i feel...How on earth could i be a fan if stevie doesnt qualify in your eyes??
    Ask some Liverpool fans, you'll find tonnes who agree with me.

• Advertisement

Ask some Liverpool fans, you'll find tonnes who agree with me.

well i certainly dont hear any of them chiming in here t osupport your opinion on that one...you should be ashamed of yourself

well i certainly dont hear any of them chiming in here t osupport your opinion on that one...you should be ashamed of yourself
    Nor yours.

Advertisement