Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing private messages.

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether this should be put here or in Help Desk or Site Development.

I went in to my private messages this morning and they're gone. All of them. Every last one deleted except for the ones from yesterday evening. I didn't delete them as some of them are quite important.

I'll make sure to download them to my laptop in future so that this doesn't happen again. In the meantime can someone look in to where they are gone? Is anyone else having the same problem?

I know I didn't delete them by mistake anyway because they were there yesterday and when I was cleaning up the last 2 days pm's this morning they were gone.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Maybe it has something to do with this? FWIW mine seem to be all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

:confused: Did the boards clock stop or go backwards or something? As in does it think it's the 20th today so anything dated after that is an error and it hides it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

When was the last time you saw that you had all of your PMs?

(and no, the clocks on boards.ie are fine, it's not that)

From what I can remember the last time I seen that I had the ones I wanted to keep was after erasing the other ones that I didn't want/need to keep. This would have been sometime during the day yesterday.

To put a margin on it I'd say I deleted the ones I didn't want/need around between 13.00 and 16.00.

Definitely left the other ones there as I even re-looked over a few after cleaning up my inbox and sent items. I've also never let my pm count go to max. Or even half way for that matter.

That's a pretty wide time schedule, I can't see myself having much luck with the logs.

I can tell you now though, that it wasn't an Admin that did it. The audit log for admin actions has nothing relating to your account in that time period.

Were you only connected to boards.ie from one place yesterday? Can I assume that the IP you posted from yesterday is the one which you deleted PMs from?

• Advertisement

Most likely. I'm either on my laptop or my sisters netbook. Sometimes my net does be on the flitz so when it is I'll connect to my aunty's wireless as she lives next door to me.

Hmm, well, there's no record of deleting PMs at all from the IP address that you posted from yesterday, so I don't think I'm going to be able to track it down unless you can PM me any other IP you might have connected from. Sorry.

I'll pm you both IP's now.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Did you ask your sister if she did it? I suspect the issue is squidgey rather then silicon but lets see what Conor comes back with...

DeV.

Nope she didn't do it. I'd only be on her netbook the odd time and I'd log out and all cookies get deleted on logout etc. She's only 12 so doesn't even know what boards is let alone how to navigate it. :pac:

Only thing her netbook get's used for is facebook and youtube. (Sick to death of listening to Justin Bieber at this point :pac: )

Another boardsie told me the same thing happened with their sent items but it sorted itself when they logged out and back in again. Didn't work for me, though. =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

DeVore wrote: »
    Did you ask your sister if she did it? I suspect the issue is squidgey rather then silicon but lets see what Conor comes back with...

DeV.
    If I deleted a load by mistake, could they be reinstated?

Advertisement