Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cranberries to perform in Thomond Park for 2010 Special Olympics Ireland Games Openin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Cranberries are so 90's:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Like what,2 songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Note to self, avoid Thomond Park area that night in case I hear some of their awful warbling

krudler wrote: »
    Note to self, avoid Thomond Park area that night in case I hear some of their awful warbling

No i gotta hear that daffodils song... "and the daffodils look lovely today"

(puke... vomit)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

note2.gifOh... do they have to? Do they have to? Do they have to?note2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Nice to see everyone so positive.
    Cranberries to perform in Thomond Park for 2010 Special Olympics Ireland Games Openin

I've highlighted the important bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I 'discovered' them a few months ago and there are a few songs that I think are terrific. I am seeing them in August and cant wait. Why are you all so negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

They are some really good songs, but when they are played on the radio 50 million times its like ARGH . . .
    Also all there songs started to sound the same.
    Worldwide success think they are the only limerick band that can say that.
    Still wouldn't go see them too depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

how many million have they sold? I say fair play to them, even though I'm not a fan. They still live around here too.

seachto7 wrote: »
    They still live around here too.

Not that you'd notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Nice to see everyone so positive.

I've highlighted the important bit.

If Daniel O'Donnell was performing for the Special Olympics it'd still be sh1t. The event itself is good, the band are horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Don't care much for their music beyond a few songs, but they are local people who did well through their obvious talent, and they are helping to highlight something that creates lifelong memories for some people, so it is all good in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

you would see them around town, and wouldn't know they are millionaires, or have sold millions around the world as opposed to lots of the usual wannabe twats you see in the local papers every week posin...
    I wouldn't be a fan as I said, but people love to knock them in limerick it seems. If U2 played people would be complaining about it as well.
    Maybe we should get the Munster rugby team up to sing a number, seeing as everyone seems to think the sun shines out of their ars*s these days.
    The Cranberries are local, did well, would be a good representation of Limerick (other than team Munster for a change....), seem to be alright, as I know lots of people who have worked with them, recorded with them, had albums produced by them and so on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Same story... Irish Begrudgery!
    Upcoming Limerick band The Supermodel Twins and others are also playing... Think it will be a good event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

considering in the other thread everyone wanted them to play:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thats great news,Im mega excited about the opening ceremony now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I know the gates open at 5pm for the opening ceremony but can someone tell me the times the various acts are on stage and when the actual ceremony takes place please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

starts at 7 i think, but some pre entertainment comes on at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

im supposed to be stewarding for it..but was never called back, the b!tches :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

any video's of the opening ceremony going around?family friend was carrying the torch would love to see it. Heading to Limerick on Friday cant wait.

• Advertisement

Could hear it from where I am in Dooradoyle. Hope all there had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hope all there had a great time.

Very good evening... Sound in the stadium wasn't that good though!!
    Guessing it was all being blasted out rather than around!!
    Still though, wouldn't complain about it!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

applesock wrote: »
    any video's of the opening ceremony going around?family friend was carrying the torch would love to see it. Heading to Limerick on Friday cant wait.

Here ya go:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66310226&postcount=531

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Some photos from last nights opening ceremony

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How many song did the Cranberries play?

5 altogether, all of their old hits

Ms.Cosmo wrote: »
    Very good evening... Sound in the stadium wasn't that good though!!
    Guessing it was all being blasted out rather than around!!
    Still though, wouldn't complain about it!!!:)

Delighted to hear that. I hope any of the competing athletes that were present felt about ten foot tall, because those guys are the real stars for me. The special olympics being held in Limerick is one of the best things I have seen happen in Limerick.

The Swimmers are all doing fanastically well this morning. Great to see the event in Limerick and so many happy & proud athletes around the place:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I was at the opening ceremony, it was really good. Such a positive event, with a great atmosphere. The athletes really seemed to enjoy it too.

It got chilly up in the stands towards the end though, wouldn't have minded standing next to the torch for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

dave 27 wrote: »
    im supposed to be stewarding for it..but was never called back, the b!tches :mad:

maybe they tought you where too tall:D

Advertisement