Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking clearer photos with the HTC desire....

• 29-04-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Taking clearer shots on the HTC desire....

I was annoyed that sometimes no matter how careful I was some photos would blur due to camera shake. There is obviously no image stabilization in the software etc. This is not such a problem on bright days with a very fast shutter speed, but indoors or dull weather will often blur very slightly on a touchpad button press, no matter how delicate you are.

However, you do not need to press the button, or press and hold the screen! you just need to press the screen for slightly longer than a tap and then let go and hold your camera steady with both hands. perfect images. a tap to focus, a short press to take a shot. you will figure out how long I mean by experimenting, but its literally just a bit longer than a tap and it will focus and take a shot itself, you can just hold it with two hands.

First one is a button press while being very delicate and trying to get ZERO blur.

Second is the same image with a 0.5 second press and then holding the camera with both hands. Spot the difference!!!

Button - http://i.imgur.com/JFEWX.jpg

Screen - http://i.imgur.com/hhqNS.jpg

I've noticed that this method takes slightly darker shots, but they are much sharper and have more clarity. I'm ok with that. A sharp dark shot can be brightened, but a blurred bright shot is harder to deal with.

(originally posted on XDA forums - Tip by Eugenes Mac)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I could do this with my Samsung Jet. Set the self timer for a 2 sec delay then concentrate on holding it steady after pressing the shutter button.

The Jet had a very fast response time for taking a pic once the shutter button is pressed so the action of pressing it was enough to cause a slight jiggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

cnocbui wrote: »
    I could do this with my Samsung Jet. Set the self timer for a 2 sec delay then concentrate on holding it steady after pressing the shutter button.

yeah there is a 2 second timer on the HTC desire too, but you need to go into the menu and choose it and then wait 2 seconds for the shot etc. pain.
    this way you just press the screen for 0.5seconds and hold the camera. handy I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

legend!

The shake from pressing the optical button was ruining all my pictures, this is so much better, I can use and enjoy my new camera now ;o)

sent from my desire!

Advertisement