Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/Advice needed please!!

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place for this....if not then please feel free to redirect it.

My sister is getting married on saturday week and she is looking to get a cd burned with some approx. 30 second excerpts of a few songs. I mean its no problem to burn the entire songs onto the cd, but can anyone advise on how to take a 30 second excerpt from a song and burn just this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is really the only job I have been given for the wedding and I dont wanna make a total mess of it. :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

You might get a better response if you post in one of the 'techie' forums here. I know that there is a programme that can do what you want, but I cannot remember what it's called. I know it exists t hough because I used it many year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is your best bet - for free. Its very easy to use. Just download it and install it. Then import the MP3 and delete the parts you don't want. Leave 5 or 6 seconds at either end for a nice fade in and fade out.

If you want to go ahead with it, I will make up a few screenshots of how to do it if you cannot figure it out yourself.

Good luck! ;)

Advertisement