Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TiG] Map rotation Vote

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Please vote on which maps / modes people want on the [TiG] server!

Please chose 6 options above, and the 6 poll winning options will be put into rotation.

For those of you who can;t remember which map is which (Wonda lol)

Here's a little linky for ya!
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bad_Company_2_maps

What maps / modes would you like to play? 130 votes

Valparaiso Rush
    0% 0 votes
    Isla Inocentes Rush
    7% 10 votes
    Arica Harbour Rush
    6% 9 votes
    Nelson Bay Rush
    9% 12 votes
    Port Valdez Rush
    4% 6 votes
    Laguna Presa Rush
    6% 8 votes
    Panama Canal Conquest
    7% 10 votes
    Atacama Desert Conquest
    8% 11 votes
    White Pass Conquest
    6% 8 votes
    Laguna Presa Conquest
    8% 11 votes
    Laguna Alta Conquest
    8% 11 votes
    Arica Harbour Conquest
    8% 11 votes
    Panama Canal Squad Rush
    7% 10 votes
    Valparaiso Squad Rush
    3% 5 votes
    Atacama Desert Squad Rush
    0% 1 vote
    Port Valdez Squad Rush
    0% 1 vote
    Isla Inocentes Squad Deathmatch
    0% 1 vote
    Arica Harbour Squad Deathmatch
    0% 1 vote
    White Pass Squad Deathmatch
    3% 4 votes
    Laguna Presa Squad Deathmatch
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Errrr.....the Jungley One and the one with the pretty snow n ****.....deffo NOT the stranded shippy one.....hate that bollocks!

And conquest (flags)
    PEACE OUT...

Mental note* too much coffee ****s my brain....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I made my 6 votes! (yes Wonda, I chose the jungly and the snowy ones also! so vote!)

My preferences are:
    Laguna Presa Conquest & Rush
    Arica Harbour Rush
    Valparaiso Rush
    White Pass Conquest
    Laguna Alta Conquest
    Panam Canal Conquest (though I picked one wrong one above duh..)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Firstly you cannot change from SQDM to Rush or Conquest as this will change the server from 30 players to 16. Rush and Conquest you can mix, but only by using the admin tool to change them on the fly.

I normally have all maps that are rush and conquest in teh rotation and it seems to work well.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Firstly you cannot change from SQDM to Rush or Conquest as this will change the server from 30 players to 16. Rush and Conquest you can mix, but only by using the admin tool to change them on the fly.

I normally have all maps that are rush and conquest in teh rotation and it seems to work well.

I'm aware of that. So I was considering maybe if there was enough interest in SQDM & SQ Rush (8 player) we could switch to those on certain nights.

I'm pretty sure you can save a couple of map rotations, then switch to which one you want.

Can you not switch Rush & Conquest by adding them into a rotation in WolfCon?

**edit

You can - using the server map override in Wolfcon. Simply chose which map/mode and add it into the server map override list :)

http://www.exohq.com/Wolfcon/

Go to screens / info then tick 'maps'.

Have it set up that way already Dub. Will switch it back to all maps tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

My choices are as follows-

Valparaiso Rush
    Arica Harbour Rush
    Laguna Presa Rush
    Panama Canal Conquest
    Atacama Desert Conquest
    Arica Harbour Squad Deathmatch

Personally, the last two I could take or leave. But the first four I feel are the best game types and maps. They just work together so well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anything that's not Atacama. Can't stand that map, it's disjointed and stilted, and annoyingly predictable.

Spear wrote: »
    Anything that's not Atacama. Can't stand that map, it's disjointed and stilted, and annoyingly predictable.

Yeah Atacama is a horrible, horrible map.

Tanks go down middle, choppers fly over head, get hit with gustav etc etc ugh. And that boat is just annoying.

I mean, is it bloody noah's ark? How'd it get in the desert?
    Have it set up that way already Dub. Will switch it back to all maps tonight.

Well what I was thinking was, if we just had the top 6 maps/modes then at least for most people, you're never getting to a map and thinking, "meh this map is crap" and leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One thing I do notice is that if the map from the beta comes on, the server empties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i suggest laguna presa on rush over and over and over and over. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I guess I'm the only one who likes Atacama desert then. I tend to prefer conquest due to that being the bf2 style. Not fond of one of the winter maps not sure which.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

for me i love conquest, ive not played any other mode longer than 30mins. but thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Scram wrote: »
    for me i love conquest, ive not played any other mode longer than 30mins. but thats just me.
    Squad deathmatch, when there are 16 players on the server can be great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Laguna Presa - rush mode is good fun

that map with the rusty ships in the middle and the tank and helis, god i love that map. Altica harbour i think its called? Awesome map.

Scram wrote: »
    that map with the rusty ships in the middle and the tank and helis, god i love that map. Altica harbour i think its called? Awesome map.

Ha thats gas the differences in peoples opinions! I feckin' hate that map lol

I think it would be better with maybe 1 tank per side, and no heli's. It's just not big enough for a vehicular map.

New patch will allow inf only! Thats the way I like it aha!

New patch will allow inf only! Thats the way I like it aha!

Saw that too, brill addition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Karkland..... anyone ?

BeatFreak wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one who likes Atacama desert then. I tend to prefer conquest due to that being the bf2 style. Not fond of one of the winter maps not sure which.

yeah love that map , my favorite love the oul tanks and choppers. Its a break from the non stop infantry fighting

• Advertisement

Karkland..... anyone ?

lol yeha that was a great map in Bf2 most played one for me. i wish theyd make more bloody maps even remakes would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Karkland..... anyone ?

Such an over rated map tbh. :p

Fushe,Dragon,Sharqi,Shonghu and of course Mashtuur were far superior maps imo, even Oman had better squad play.Karkand was decent but weak compared to the above maps.

Masthuur was prb the best map along with Sharqi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm surprised at the dislike for Nelson Bay, and the tolerance for Atacama. What do people have against Nelson Bay?

Spear wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the dislike for Nelson Bay, and the tolerance for Atacama. What do people have against Nelson Bay?

I like Nelson bay - its not the worst. Its a bit 'enclosed' though, claustrophobic if ya know what I mean.

I rather the bigger infantry maps.

As far as BF2 is concerend, I fookin hated the bloody obsession with Karkand, I thought it was one of the worst maps, particularly when infantry only as its so large (the 64 player version).

D22 basically listed my fav maps on BF2.

We SERIOUSLY need to get the maps sorted on the [TiG] server....disaster last night fookin around with the maps 3 times.....to many cooks with admin was it. Peeps changing the maps....

Get it sorted or I am gonna go play COD.....:D

PMSL

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    We SERIOUSLY need to get the maps sorted on the [TiG] server....disaster last night fookin around with the maps 3 times.....to many cooks with admin was it. Peeps changing the maps....

Get it sorted or I am gonna go play COD.....:D

PMSL

'twas only the 1 person changing the maps though....

A map list needs to be drawn up, and left in rotation - hence my bloomin' thread on the map votes....

See, had people listened to me, it could have been sorted :p

From the Map vote, here is what it would be:

Rush:
    Arica Harbour

Conquest:
    Panama Canal
    Laguna Pressa
    Laguna Alta
    White Pass
    Arica Harbour
    Atacama Desert

But that's only 1 Rush map, and IMO people like rush, so I'd propose the top 4 from each, which would be:

Rush:
    Arica Harbour
    Valparaiso
    Port Valdez
    Laguna Presa

Conquest:
    Panama Canal
    Laguna Presa
    Laguna Alta
    Atacama Desert
    (Arica had same amount of votes, so chose this as Arica is already on Rush)

What does everyone think?

I think we should also have maybe one / two nights a week, a night for squad Rush / Deathmatch

I blame that fairy fella....he has a bad bad case of OCD and cant leave anything alone. Thats why he runs around trying to clean his knife in peoples backs......lmao.

IMHO I think its a case of less is deffo more.....so only have the best 4 or 5 maps. Because when a round is played properly and the teams are good the rounds last longer.

• Advertisement

Well above I have 4 rush & 4 conquest.

Having too few maps makes it very boring after a while.

Advertisement