Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TiG] Map rotation Vote

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I have only being playing rush. I am not sure what stock to put in the map votes though (conquest aside) there is only 6 rush maps.

On top of this with rush being played last night then it was hard to please people with regards to maps e.g. whine when isla inocentes came on and africa harbour came up again.

Don't get me wrong I see where they are coming from. I for example don't enjoy the first stage of the maps where the team needs to effectively "break out" using vehicles only ala Irving when half the team is sitting back sniping it makes for frustrating play. Saying that people need to just suck it the **** up and realise that not every map is going to be there favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Again it comes back to people actually trying to play the game properly....there are so many little things that are magnified x10 when alot of people do it. Take snipers for example....one per squad is great but when you have 2/3 its pure ****! And then they dont even spot.....

Why do peeps join a squad and snipe when there is already a sniper....then you get one fella on the CG buzz and when you get killed by that "Skill-less Mongo" you wanna do it back to them before you know it you have have the server toobin and sniping.....its bollocks.

If we just play the game with a little bit of taught it would be great....have to say I was on the Craggy Island server last night and the admins are 1st class....no stupid moves allowed to make the game much much better for all....no base rape, C4 quads or CG toobin etc and well policed....too.

Some top players on there too I tells ya.

If the [TiG] server is down or empty Craggy is where I be....

kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Again it comes back to people actually trying to play the game properly....there are so many little things that are magnified x10 when alot of people do it. Take snipers for example....one per squad is great but when you have 2/3 its pure ****! And then they dont even spot.....

Why do peeps join a squad and snipe when there is already a sniper....then you get one fella on the CG buzz and when you get killed by that "Skill-less Mongo" you wanna do it back to them before you know it you have have the server toobin and sniping.....its bollocks.

If we just play the game with a little bit of taught it would be great....have to say I was on the Craggy Island server last night and the admins are 1st class....no stupid moves allowed to make the game much much better for all....no base rape, C4 quads or CG toobin etc and well policed....too.

Some top players on there too I tells ya.

If the [TiG] server is down or empty Craggy is where I be....

kudos

I added Craggy last week, but everytime I go to it, its empty!!!

The thing about playing the game properly is, its not BF2. Its not even a battlefield game. Its a dumbed down, console happy, variant of a real Battlefield game.

You're not going to get people playing it properly as per BF2 (even 2142) as its very 'arcady'.

Administering server rules is a start however.

I usually do don the 'ol admin hat when Fairy isn't there, and I have kicked a few people for actin the b0ll0x. (spawn raping, stat padding, glitching etc).

I think we need server rules to come up on the loading page. That way at least we've informed people of the rules that will be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Thats the way we did it in the past.... Small server banner, and then left it to those on severs to admin themselves,only takes one or two on a team to let those joining know "Infantry only now m8,leave the tank behind" etc.

Server admins only have to deal with the gimps who don`t listen.

I dont feel that the game is arcadey at all dubs...I think it plays very well and the guns are alot more realistic then the other BF games....I prolly at a push like BF2142 a little better. Its so long since I played BF2 I cant remember it too much but I made Captain so I was good at it and liked it.

But as Fightin said....if you have the [TiG] banner on you have to play properly on the [TiG] server....I mean if you have TIG players spawn raping, etc and CG toobin then how can you tell others to stop acting the fook....also if you as a TIG tell peeps to stop raping and then have no backup to kick its pointless really.....but TBH we dont get much messing on our server....well only SYCO....but he STONE MAD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

I wouldnt kick a person for using a weapon or kit, at the end of the day the game is stats driven and they may be chasing a stat they need to hit.

Yes it annoys me at times, I rant and shout but would never kick. We've been playing SQDM recently and where sticking to Inf only, telling people not to use the tanks, only once did I have to kick someone so players do tend to listen.

At the end of the day its a game, and should be played and enjoyed. So what if someone wants to CG or Noob toob, if they get a rise out of someone I'll bet they'll do it even more even for the LOLs, I know I would!

Play AricaHarbour SQDM with a load of CG's its great bloody fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TheFairy wrote: »
    I wouldnt kick a person for using a weapon or kit, at the end of the day the game is stats driven and they may be chasing a stat they need to hit.

Yes it annoys me at times, I rant and shout but would never kick. We've been playing SQDM recently and where sticking to Inf only, telling people not to use the tanks, only once did I have to kick someone so players do tend to listen.

At the end of the day its a game, and should be played and enjoyed. So what if someone wants to CG or Noob toob, if they get a rise out of someone I'll bet they'll do it even more even for the LOLs, I know I would!

Play AricaHarbour SQDM with a load of CG's its great bloody fun!

We should have a Gustav / 40mm only night lol

^^^^**** OFF!!!!!

Advertisement