Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which country does the best radio?

• 29-04-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

I think America has it nailed, followed by UK and Australia. They invented (or at least made popular) alot of radio formats that we hear today.

The comedy is funnier, the documentaries are better, and their community radio is actually good enough to listen to. I'd much prefer to listen to the likes of Rock105i in Jacksonville, or WHEB in New Hampshire, or Sirius Satellite Radio. They leave us in the dust. Irish radio sucks IMO and is way behind the likes of US, UK, OZ and New Zealand.

But that's just me. Who do you think does the best radio? Aye?

I'm only putting in 6 main English Speaking Countries because I can't be arsed with any more. If you want to put a different country in your post, or if a mod wants to edit the poll, feel free.

What country does the best radio? 25 votes

Ireland
    0%
    UK
    28%
    Asmodeanmurpho999odin_ieDeedsieeamjwcurtinPlowman 7 votes
    USA
    32%
    corntlbellrebevesudzsThe Sparrowalpha2zuluRayMPoly 8 votes
    Canada
    28%
    PeanutessdeeFago!BarnamesorrywhatPablogogoBrianSlipknot 7 votes
    Australia
    0%
    New Zealand
    12%
    BardheebusjeebusJayMul 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

Canada
    USA! 100%.

Multiple channels or at least one for every genre and radio shows that arent dominated by chat shows and replayed chat shows. Or hosts trying to be people they are not.

Ray Darcy seems to be the only listenable host out there on irish radio. Shame all the programmes are dominated by the chart toppers and "whats hot".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Canada
    USA. By a mile.

Now given the sheer mass volume of land they cover, there is 100's of stations.
    If you search online you can listen to rock stations, jazz stations, comedy stations etc.

But in relation to diversity I think the USA wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

New Zealand
    I voted Australia cause it has stations wholly dedicated to alternative music Triple J and afaik America college radio plays good music a lot of the time.

Definitely not Ireland our best station is the one where they talk endless drivel and sometimes field hilarious arguments. All the other ones play crappy music except for the one hour a day they allow a decent DJ on.
    Also my local station East Coast radio is the worst of all of them they play this middle of the road 80's and 90's music, at least if you were gonna revive the 80s music play some decent bloody tunes. Like "Enjoy the Silence", damn even Toto "Africa" would be better than the obscure rubbish they seem to have on longplay. Ugh /rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

UK
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

USA
    UK The bbc in particular

• Advertisement
Advertisement