Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with E-Mail

• 29-04-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Internet is working fine via Vodafone DSL line.
    After years of trouble free e-mail mine has now stopped working.
    It started yesterday when I could sent but not recieve e-mails. This morning everythting was back to normal but now I cannot send or receive any e-mails.
    I have looked at the server settings and they seem good, I have done a sysyem restore to no avail. I have gone into the Eircom server and cleared out all the Webmail messages in cast there was some large file causing the problem but that did nothing. Any suggestions or do we have any technical support for broadband from Vodafone. ??
    I looked at their website but cant see anyhting about support for e-mail.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You won't be able to use mail2.eircom.net as an outgoing smpt server (for sending) if you're on Vodafone broadband. You need to use Vodafone's, whatever it's address is.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

Thanks for that, the problem seems to have resolved itself when I switched on just now. Maybe there was some server problem, just got to hope for the best.
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It seems recently that vodafone have been stopping any smtp servers other than their own.
    So if you are a vodafone dsl customer, I'd recommend you use smtp.vodafone.ie on port 25

Incoming email should not be affected generally

Advertisement