Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power supply

Options
  • 29-04-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i'm building my own pc soon and have 2 1gb ati radeon 5450 graphics cards, can anyone help me as to what size power supply would i require?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jo30nathan wrote: »
    i'm building my own pc soon and have 2 1gb ati radeon 5450 graphics cards, can anyone help me as to what size power supply would i require?:confused:

Depends on what else will be going into the PC such as amount of fans,Hard Drives,Disc drives etc? Also a PSU is probably the most future proof item in a PC so buy a good brand and power level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jo30nathan

Well so far AMD Phenom II X4 955, GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 ,VERITECH 2 x 2 GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 5450 - HDMI - 1 GB GDDR3 , most likely a couple of TB drive's and in future more memory etc. thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I know this in't related to your original post but please don't tell me you bought those 2 5450s to crossfire them and use for gaming? The 5450 is a terrible card for gaming (well high end gaming) and crossfiring it won't make it much better. If possible return them/sell them and get something like the 5770 or 4870.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I know this in't related to your original post but please don't tell me you bought those 2 5450s to crossfire them and use for gaming? The 5450 is a terrible card for gaming (well high end gaming) and crossfiring it won't make it much better. If possible return them/sell them and get something like the 5770 or 4870.

+1 I'd definitely look into getting something different if I was gaming

Also, a Corsair VX 550 (or similar high quality PSU) will run your computer just fine, with headroom

There not for gaming besides warcraft. Got em cheap so said they'd be a good start. can always upgrade em later

• Advertisement

Finally finished my p c and its amazing. graphics are brilliant with the dual 5450's.( Only tested with warcraft but on high settings they handle it great)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

jo30nathan wrote: »
    Finally finished my p c and its amazing. graphics are brilliant with the dual 5450's.( Only tested with warcraft but on high settings they handle it great)

World of Warcraft or Warcraft 3 ?

Congrats on finishing your build :D

Advertisement