Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accidentally ringing people

• 29-04-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Got my desire a few days ago and I am VERY impressed. Being my first touchphone though, I have found myself ringing people accidentally while just browsing through the different menus/apps.
    Is there a setting that will make a sound ie a ringtone or something when I am actually making a call.
    At the moment There is no sound when I am ringing somebody... until they answer that is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

JimiMac wrote: »
    Got my desire a few days ago and I am VERY impressed. Being my first touchphone though, I have found myself ringing people accidentally while just browsing through the different menus/apps.
    Is there a setting that will make a sound ie a ringtone or something when I am actually making a call.
    At the moment There is no sound when I am ringing somebody... until they answer that is.

I am not sure I understand how can you accidentally ring someone.. I mean.. if you press the Dial button it will bring up the dialer, not start the call.. could you elaborate please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

JimiMac ,Do you have a shortcut to anyones contact on your home screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

nmesisca wrote: »
    I am not sure I understand how can you accidentally ring someone.. I mean.. if you press the Dial button it will bring up the dialer, not start the call.. could you elaborate please?

I'm not even sure how I did it. Like I said, not being used to touchscreens or Android for that matter, clumsy fingers maybe touching off the wrong 'button'?

As you know there are lots of ways of calling people eg in contacts, in sms etc.

I'm not talking anout the dialler. But that is an indication of what I was requesting. On my previous phone you had a tone for each digit pressed and then you get the di di di di di di etc when you actually pressed call. Surely there is a setting to get the di di sound when you are calling somebody instead of a silent android calling screen?

koolkid wrote: »
    JimiMac ,Do you have a shortcut to anyones contact on your home screen?

Yes I did make a shortcut to someone but it wasn't through pressing it.
    It was from maybe scrolling through the sms or contact apps or something.

Yes I did make a shortcut to someone but it wasn't through pressing it.
    It was from maybe scrolling through the sms or contact apps or something.

if its via the SMS app I think you still need to confirm you want to place a call. it might be via the contacts app. i have a nexus so the app is different, but it may have a direct dial button on either one of the sides of each contact.
    with a modded rom you can chance the behaviour, but with stock you might not be able to (check the settings of the contacts app to confirm).
    Since I have never come across a similar complaint, I d say it probably a matter of getting used to it im afraid..

• Advertisement

if its via the SMS app I think you still need to confirm you want to place a call. it might be via the contacts app. i have a nexus so the app is different, but it may have a direct dial button on either one of the sides of each contact.
    with a modded rom you can chance the behaviour, but with stock you might not be able to (check the settings of the contacts app to confirm).
    Since I have never come across a similar complaint, I d say it probably a matter of getting used to it im afraid..

Yes nmesisca, I think you're right.
    What would help though is if there was actually a sound that comes with the dialling android screen. I'm sure there must be one but don't know where to find the right setting?

Yes nmesisca, I think you're right.
    What would help though is if there was actually a sound that comes with the dialling android screen. I'm sure there must be one but don't know where to find the right setting?

android has tone sounds, but only when pressing the numbers in the dialer app. if the number is composed automatically i dont think there is any sound.
    have you tried searching the market for "dial" or something like that? gonna have a look this evening.

android has tone sounds, but only when pressing the numbers in the dialer app. if the number is composed automatically i dont think there is any sound.
    have you tried searching the market for "dial" or something like that? gonna have a look this evening.

Thanks, I would have thought this was a pretty standard and basic setting that would not require a seperate APP given the gazillion things the phone can do.
    I'll check it out later, Thanks.

Advertisement