Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

middle name missing from ticket

Options
  • 29-04-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

Just booked flights home from Oz but realised I've left my middle name out. It is on my passport so am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.Does the name on the ticket have to match exactly with the name on the passport? I'm flying with Malaysian airlines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

aido79 wrote: »
    Just booked flights home from Oz but realised I've left my middle name out. It is on my passport so am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.Does the name on the ticket have to match exactly with the name on the passport? I'm flying with Malaysian airlines.

You should be fine. It was never a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Shouldnt be a problem. The OH has her middle name on the passport but never puts it on the ticket, never been a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've never put my middle name on a ticket and am currently in NZ after traveling through about 7/8 countries on the way without any trouble

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The middle name is irrelavent except for when you are applying for the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Cheers for the replies. I rang the travel agent I booked with and they said the same..just wanted to make sure as it would be alot of money down the drain if I couldn't get on the plane!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement