Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Berty44 wrote: »
    It was a good game and score does not really reflect the closeness. Turnovers were the difference, and they were a little freaky ( one by a blitzing LE ).

We did have a server problem and had to restart the game. Freaky turnover in that game as well which I never saw before - a lateral pass to the HB which he failed to collect and was picked up and run back by a LB ! Server booted us near the end of Q2, first time in ages I have had a server problem in a game.

Good game though and great chatting with Dave throughout.

Have done that before with Jason Taylor on a pitch out i was actually expecting a pass so decided to blitz on the strong side and the next thing i know i have the ball and im running the length of the field! Will up load it in a bit i think.

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac:

I'll make a mental note now for whenever I'm playing you :D

Pity Cassel can't throw deeper than 30 yards :(

Least your not stuck with Alex " I throw passes to everyone apart from my own receivers" Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

just squeeked out a 38-35 win against the Chiefs. I swear the computer cheats to stage comebacks against me. A comfortable lead was blown in the 4th with one crazy pick (the QB threw the ball no where near the intended receiver) and 2 fumbles on runs (including during a kick return). Only an interception in my own end zone saved me from having to to score a TD with only 40seconds on the clock to win.

For the second game in a row my running game was a disaster (after a good start to the season) and I had to rely on defence (1 pick 6 and 2 other interceptions) and special teams (1 kick return for a TD) to help out my QB (Rogers, who's doing well enough).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Right, game is being advanced later on tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Class. Get a game in tonight before the BCS game hopefully :D

Not sure what time I will be advancing the week. Watching Godfather 3 at the moment. So probably at around 12 or half 12.

League is advanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Vikings (me) vs Cowboys (Com)

Won 31-21, 2 INT TD's , they went crazy in 4th quarter and scored 2 td's in the last 5 mins. Really need Holmes back from injury , just dont have a deep threat at the moment. Tomlinson cant do it all himself .

Anyone player vs player this week ?

Gone 6-0. Another game against the comp. Playing two people in my next two games though.

Won 44-3. Absolutely dominated the Dolphins who are dreadful. 5 sacks and 2 INT on Pennington. Scored a special teams TD by forcing a fumble and returning it. Cassel ain't doing too bad. I just dread games where I come up against good run defences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Up against lynch1407 next. Sent a message on xbox live to try and organise it. This is my 1st Human v human game in this league

Only one all player game this week. Hopefully, people will get the games played asap and we can advanced the week early. I dont know if Lynch1407 has been playing his games or what? Evil_seed, if he doesn't get back to you anytime soon, get on to me and I can kick him from the league to allow you to play your game

No problem. When's the deadline for this week?

Well I will be advancing the league next monday evening. So say if you don't have any form of reply by friday then get onto me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Beat the Saints in a very easy game. Really should have won by more...Their defense is a complete shambles. Their offence is even worse!! I managed to force my first safety since Madden 2004 against them.

Also had an epic play where my QB threw an interception but my HB hit stick tackled the guy that intercepted, forced the fumble and ran it into good territory. Love when that kind of stuff happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

anybody have this game for sale or swap on ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Raoul wrote: »
    Well I will be advancing the league next monday evening. So say if you don't have any form of reply by friday then get onto me.
    I am having terrible internet problems at the moment caused by a line fault. Noisy line and internet keeps dropping. Scheduled to be fixed on Tuesday.

Will try and play my CPU game but in all probability will lose connection and get kicked off so if I fail to get it played I am happy to let it go to sim.

I am having terrible internet problems at the moment caused by a line fault. Noisy line and internet keeps dropping. Scheduled to be fixed on Tuesday.

Will try and play my CPU game but in all probability will lose connection and get kicked off so if I fail to get it played I am happy to let it go to sim.

Ye your lag was the reason you beat me tbh :pac:

Thats grand. Have you tried playing it yet?

I think I might kick Keary90 as I don't think he has played any games this past couple of weeks.

Evil Seed, have you gotten in touch with Lynch?

Did not try playing it yet as have not had any kind of continuous internet forthe past few days. Might try at the weekend but not too hopeful :mad:

@ Dave...yep it was the lag.....feck.....you figured it out :pac:

As for Kilns (lynch) I know that he has been kicked from another league we both play in for inactivity so I'm not sure what his status is. He was last on XBox on 28/12 ( playing Madden )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

i got this for christmas. how do i play as the jets for a season. i go too the franchise part and select all the teams and let the cpu do the draft after that it brings me too a team i don't want too be.

also when i try too select the jets it comes up that the cap is too high. what is this.

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    i got this for christmas. how do i play as the jets for a season. i go too the franchise part and select all the teams and let the cpu do the draft after that it brings me too a team i don't want too be.

also when i try too select the jets it comes up that the cap is too high. what is this.

Okay start a new franchise. Scroll down the team's till you find the Jets press X to select them and then press Start. When you get to the settings menu it's up to you whether you want to do a fantasy draft or not id advise against doing it straight away just play around with the default rosters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

thanks for the help. is the ear piece worth getting for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Hey Evil I have been out of action for a short while and havent played Madden in a while either!!!!

Are you around today or tmrw?

If you are plaing online in a league it makes it far more fun to chat during a game. If you are only playing random games then I would not bother.

Kilns I'm around til half 3 today. Let's do this. I'm online now too

Just missed you! Just home now

Name a time and I'll be there as long as it doesnt clash with the play offs :-)

I'll be online for the nxt hr. After that I can't do much

Epic game between the Ravens and the Pats.

The Pats went the length of the field for the first touchdown and then imploded by conceding a kick return touch down and then throwing a intercept touchdown!

Pats hit back with a field goal. Then Ravens came back down the field with atouchdown. With the ravens in control they then throw an intercept which was converted for a TD

With less than a minute on the clock left Syndey Rice popped up in the corner to put the Pats 3 points up. Ravens went the whole length of the field again and took a field goal to send it into overtime.

Pats won the toss and elected to receive. Got called on a penalty when receiving kick off, then on 3rd down, Big Ben threw a intercept and the Ravens took full advantage and slotted over the winning field goal

It was a great game.

From my point of view, too many mistakes from end (I put it down to rustiness, havent played for a few weeks :-))) ) . PLus I am missing Jones Drew alot. Although my back up did well

Pity it aint all human vs human games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Going to pick this up early next week, just got the Xbox on Thurs.

Feel free to add me for FIFA in the meantime - BlockyCross9 is the gamertag.

Did manage to get my CPU game played today without any problem much to my surprise. Have my bye week next so taking my team on a deserved holiday LOL !

• Advertisement

Did manage to get my CPU game played today without any problem much to my surprise. Have my bye week next so taking my team on a deserved holiday LOL !

See you in week eight. Could be the battle of the unbeaten teams ;)

Going to pick this up early next week, just got the Xbox on Thurs.

Feel free to add me for FIFA in the meantime - BlockyCross9 is the gamertag.

Interested in joining the franchise?

Raoul you might as well advance this week and boot your man Ultra and Keary. Haven't seen either play any games yet?

You are right, Keary hasnt played in the past few weeks. So he is kicked.
    Ultra however has played his games and also told me last night that he would play it. So will give him until the deadline to play.

Cheers for the help though.

If Keary comes back I have no problem letting him in. As he just might not have realised that the league had started back after the big break waiting for the patch.

You are right, Keary hasnt played in the past few weeks. So he is kicked.
    Ultra however has played his games and also told me last night that he would play it. So will give him until the deadline to play.

Cheers for the help though.

If Keary comes back I have no problem letting him in. As he just might not have realised that the league had started back after the big break waiting for the patch.

Good friendly the other night Raoul ! . cant believe i missed the FG with :02 seconds on the clock . You deserved the win with your second half comeback

Good friendly the other night Raoul ! . cant believe i missed the FG with :02 seconds on the clock . You deserved the win with your second half comeback

Is your name DangerousDiageo on Xbox? I'm the Packers. When you about to play our game this week? Does Monday at 9 suit you?

Is your name DangerousDiageo on Xbox? I'm the Packers. When you about to play our game this week? Does Monday at 9 suit you?

Yes thats me , ye sounds good ! Going to be a big game, first Div game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Interested in joining the franchise?

Yeah definitely once I get up to speed with it.

By franchise I guess you mean online league is it??

All games done :) Great to see.

• Advertisement

All games done :) Great to see.

Cool, Can it be moved onto the next week so?

Raoul is the commish mate. Once he sees this he'll probably advance it.

Just got a new apartment. Internet wasn't working as I left for work this morning but hopefully it will have been set up this evening. If it is working, I will advance the league asap. Hopefully from now on all the game will keep getting played and hopefully even within the the first few days of the week so we can get the season moving towards the business end.

If you want to pass me commish to advance the league and then give it back to you I can mate. Not sure if you can do that over the web but fire away if you can.

5336006956_3cf5bcae4d.jpg

had this lovely glitch happen to me playing over the weekend. I caused a fumble on the guys 3rd down and recovered it. it didn't reset the downs and I got an extra down out of it :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

Is it too late to sign up to this? Any teams left.

Game arrived on Friday, still trying to get the hang of it...

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it too late to sign up to this? Any teams left.

Game arrived on Friday, still trying to get the hang of it...

Not at all , pm Raoul he's the GM ,

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, Server's go down with 4mins left in my game with Santry Red, was a classic as well ! i was 17-10 up and he was 10 yards from my line with 4 mins left on the clock !

Poxy fcuking Madden Servers. Me and Dave were having an epic game, he was up 17-10 and I was 1st and goal on his eight with only 3:48 remaining and the game decides to boot us. Talk about frustrating!

Poxy fcuking Madden Servers. Me and Dave were having an epic game, he was up 17-10 and I was 1st and goal on his eight with only 3:48 remaining and the game decides to boot us. Talk about frustrating!

Still down, they really f**k over Europe with the game servers for Madden

Came back up. Once again it dropped in the 4th quarter but the game was over by then.

Lost my 0 :( Three turnovers withing ten yards of the end zones murdered me in a 20-0 loss. Couldn't stop the run. Congratulations Dave! I look forward to our rematch in week 9.

• Advertisement
Advertisement