Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Raoul can you kick ox evo xo so I can play my game. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

To be honest I totally forgot to do it last night. Not sure if I will get a chance to do it until Sunday :(. Apologies.

I will give you enough time to get the game played anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Lads just got the game today. I am only playing offline for the mo, not a fan of online really. What would you reccomened anyway? Do a Franchise or Superstar? Also with past Superstar games I only picked QB or WR, any other ideas of a fun position to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Never bothered with Superstar mode really. Madden really is a great game to play online. But don't play online ranked games as chances are you will end up playing muppets who keep running the same play and always go for it on 4th down and then quit when they are being beaten. You should join up the franchise here. Good fun playing against other guys within a fair set of rules.

So far 3 out of the 4 people playing the CPU have lost? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

yeah, i lost against the cpu... the shame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Raoul wrote: »

maybe it's a good week to be sitting out on a bye after all!

adrian522 wrote: »
    yeah, i lost against the cpu... the shame...

Twice in the one week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

nah, just once..against the panthers... 35-14 I believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

anyone help me get the coach speak working through the head set. can't find the settings for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I know, I know.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Berty. When you about to play our game next week?

Monday 9:00-10:00pm
    Tuesday 9:30-10:30pm
    Thursday 9:00-12:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Has this been moved on?

Good stuff, all the games played a day early. Wont be near the xbox until around 10 tonight so will advance the league then.

Advanced!

I've just improved to 6-1 via another high scoring game for both sides.

Texans 38 - Colts 41

I had to outscore them 21-7 in the 4th to pull off the comeback win... and needed to force a fumble to seal the deal as I scored my last TD with too much time left on the clock (a 54yd TD that I was only planning to get about 20yrds + a stopped clock on).

...... now off to watch the fourth quarter from last night's game, I've avoided the score all day.

Beat the Redskin 31-3, I'm the Lions.

Score flatters me really. Three TDs in garbage time. My defense was excellent, was even try out Berty's guide posted earlier. Forced 4 turnovers. 3 fumbles, one was straight from the kickoff in the second half, knew I was going to cause trouble as soon as his man caught it.

Game was an awful spectacle really and to cap it off for me, my season could possible be over as my biggest weapon Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone and is out for 11 weeks. My back up RB is Faulk who has a rating of 76. He did come in and get a td in the last few min and my other back up Rb did the same.

Just lost 44-25 to the Cardinals!!!! A disturbing pattern emerging. It appears my defence is useless against the pass and the rush. Oh me Oh My!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Bye week me bollix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

When you wanna play are game lynch ?

So Raoul and Dave, what was the story with your xbln franchise derby game last night. Did you get it played and if so wtf happened?

Nope didn't get it played. Don't know what the story was. I'm not about tonight to try again so hopefully try again tomorrow.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Just lost 44-25 to the Cardinals!!!! A disturbing pattern emerging. It appears my defence is useless against the pass and the rush. Oh me Oh My!

Feck you, they are top of my division by 1 game.

Can everyone please concentrate on beating the cardinals please.

I think there is a "No NFC West" rule in relation to wildcard teams:D

If certain people had their way there would be a "No NFC West" rule in relation to playoffs as well.

Beat the Broncos last night 14-10, courtesy of a pick 6 early in the game and a TD with 23 seconds remaining.

Nope didn't get it played. Don't know what the story was. I'm not about tonight to try again so hopefully try again tomorrow.
    There is a post on xbln about server dropouts for franchise games. One interesting post which might might interest you ( and anyone here having problems ) is made by a guy on there a long while who knows his stuff:

......not being able to private chat is the sure fire way to tell the NAT is strict.

My NAT is open so it is. Cos I went and checked it. But its strange that we could play before. There isnt much that we can do if we cant play though is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Dave , maybe tomorrow evening?

every week I seem to play a human, which is good in some ways and bad in others!!!

Have only played the computer once

Hence my 1-5

All the games against CPU played already. Good stuff. Hopefully the two all human games get played asap. :rolleyes:

I have my first human game in a good while against Berty next week. Looking forward to it!

kilns wrote: »
    Dave , maybe tomorrow evening?

every week I seem to play a human, which is good in some ways and bad in others!!!

Have only played the computer once

Hence my 1-5

Im away on wednesday, You free at all tonight ? or Thursday after 9 im about,

• Advertisement

All the games against CPU played already. Good stuff. Hopefully the two all human games get played asap. :rolleyes:

I have my first human game in a good while against Berty next week. Looking forward to it!

Yes indeed !

I am playing my human v human game tonight against Santry Red

@ there is nothing else really you can do I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/61879045

McGahee breaks a 60 yarder. Had lined up for a run and noticed that there was a massive gap at the line of scrimmage to the left. Once the ball was snapped it got bigger and i powered in for a TD.

Had a tense game against Berty there. Lost 17-10. A Reggie Bush kick off return TD being the difference!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Had a tense game against Berty there. Lost 17-10. A Reggie Bush kick off return TD being the difference!

Quite simply the best team lost. Packers had 100 yards more offence than the Jets. David Akers missed a FG just before halftime which would have given the Pack the lead and then Reggie returned the 2nd half kickoff for a TD. On top of that Schaub ( Jets ) threw an very ill advised long pass in triple coverage to Miles Austin who incredibly pulled it in. Packers should definitely have had an interception on that one.

Finding 7 min quarters very short. Probably fine for the regular season where you are playing a lot of CPU games. Dave suggested longer above and I would request that a change to perhaps 10 min quarters be considered for the playoffs.

Unlucky Ben, you deserved to win that game. Great chatting with you.

Sounds like a good idea making the playoffs 10 min quarters.

Only one more game to go this week and we will be able to get the league advanced. Kilns, Danger_Dave, you playing anytime soon?

I am very eager to get to playing Berty next week. I want to continue my three game winning streak. It is going to be difficult to do without Adrian Peterson, hopefully Kolb puts in the performance of a lifetime.

How do you upload the vids?

You basically go to highlights after the game and save them. They are saved on the Franchise website for ONE week only, and can be viewed on there. However once week is advanced they disappear.

So what you do is go to your saved highlights on your Madden on your console and upload them to your EA Sports account. What you can further do then is go to your EA Sports account on the web, download the highlight to your pc and then upload them to your Youtbe account. Sound a little long winded but it is easy.

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    Bye week me bollix

I can't find the actual quote but it's something like this

Moe: "pppffff Bye Week!? Champ McGirskey didn't get no bye-week! Now look at him, he's dead!.....oh wait, maybe it's a good thing!"

I've a bye week now after losing my last two games. Week 9 against the Vikings is where the comeback will begin ;)

Big game! I have to say I will be hoping for a Vikings win. You are top of our division with a 6-2 record. Our division is probably the toughest in the league considering its all human players. So I will need any help I can get. Also hope kilns is able to demolish the Vikings this week to lift me off the bottom of the division.

Dont see my self getting the 3 turnovers in the 10 yard line against Santry again, should be a very close game !

Ye need to beat the Patriots this week and keep up the momentum, If i dont beat Santry he'll have the conference id say

Ah, you never know, if Santry loses to me and you (he looks capable of beating any cpu opposition) then it could blow the division wide open.

• Advertisement

Dont see my self getting the 3 turnovers in the 10 yard line against Santry again, should be a very close game !
    Having played Santry last night I would say that your 20-0 win over him is the most impressive victory of any human v human game so far. He really can move the ball very well.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Having played Santry last night I would say that your 20-0 win over him is the most impressive victory of any human v human game so far. He really can move the ball very well.

Looking back at the game I played against Santry, I just have to cringe. Kolb was missing and I had to deal with Cantwell. Threw 4 interceptions that day :( to his 1. Really lost the game on turnovers. If I remember correctly, one of those was in my final drive up the field in the last two minutes trying to overcome the 10 point deficit.

Peterson (now missing) rushed for 235 yards that game :( I miss him already.

Sh1t. Completely messed up my weeks. I've actually got the CPU controlled Cowboys next week. Then I have my bye week. But after that I've to play all human controlled teams so it's going to be tough. I realised last night against Berty that I really should be trusting Cassel more. The only picks Berty should have had were my own throwing mistakes. Gonna be a tough enough run in now!

Sorry Dave, wasnt around last due to football training and have football training Thursday night and wont get home till late (10.30) from that.

Perhaps Friday or anytime over the weekend?

kilns wrote: »
    Sorry Dave, wasnt around last due to football training and have football training Thursday night and wont get home till late (10.30) from that.

Perhaps Friday or anytime over the weekend?

Friday is my day off so i can do friday anytime up until 5pm,
    Saturday got match to play so from 5-9pm i can play , I work sundays, so play it before Bears/Packers game ? say 7pm on sunday?

AFC is looking pretty weak in the franchise, may not have to win AFC South to make the playoffs (which might be good seeing as AFC South is looking like most competitive AFC division).

yeah 7pm Sunday is good

This get advanced yet?

just finished game with Kilns, beat me 14-10, Shut my running game down. Also was unsporting for you to call a timeout with 2 second left in the game on my 2 yard line to try score another td,

just finished game with Kilns, beat me 14-10, Shut my running game down. Also was unsporting for you to call a timeout with 2 second left in the game on my 2 yard line to score another td,

Ha Ha gotta kick a man when he's down

• Advertisement
Advertisement