Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Dave I'm around anytime to play today.

Can't today or tonight , tomorrow before 7? Or Sunday night?

Looking forward to this game, I'm unbeaten at home this season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm going out Sunday night and Saturday night. Would you be able to do 5ish on Sat? Or Monday at 8? Either suits me. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Beaten 17-13 by the Ravens, edgy game but laggy for me which resulted in a missed PAT and most of my kicks ending out of bounds at sharp angles giving the ravens good field position.

The missed PAT meant I needed a TD instead of a FG on my final drive couldnt get much going in the second half and gave up an int at a key point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can't today or tonight , tomorrow before 7? Or Sunday night?

Looking forward to this game, I'm unbeaten at home this season :)

Will be a huge advantage to me if Santry wins here. Means that he is one step closer to clinching the division and resting his players against me. Also means that if I win my game that I will be level with Dave.

Come on Santry! Do me a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Beaten 17-13 by the Ravens, edgy game but laggy for me which resulted in a missed PAT and most of my kicks ending out of bounds at sharp angles giving the ravens good field position.

The missed PAT meant I needed a TD instead of a FG on my final drive couldnt get much going in the second half and gave up an int at a key point.

That gives me the tiniest amount of breathing room at the top of AFC South and with you and the Texans still to play each other (that'll be a huge game) I've got a great chance of at least getting a wild card spot... even with "Berty the Destroyer" to play on the last gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've had a feeling for a while the texans game would be big. I've played them 3 times and have yet to beat them but I should have done this season only I was rushing. But myself also I should be ok for a wild card I hope!

Berty really going for that top receiver spot?
    McClain with 442 yards in one game?

Did we put anything in the rules about absolutely hammering the cpu? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Seeing as it was as CPU CPU team I say beat the crap out of them. If it was a CPU team where a human dropped out I would have not been trying so hard. Also what are you supposed to do if you cone up against a team with 2 80s doped CB and you have two 90+ speed WR LOL!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Sorry fellas, still haven't rejoined. Gotta get some time, haven't really been on my Xbox and if I have it's been to play a game I could play quick and put down like Guitar Hero.

Any plans to rejoin? :)
    More human players the better

The Vikings have beaten the Packers in Minnesota, 24-17 , close game with alot of turnovers a not many fluid drives.

Cassel threw 3 interceptions and McNabb threw 2 . The crucial turnover came late in the 4th quarter when the vikings were 17-10 up with Williams on a short pass had the ball stripped which resulted in 7 point return . The Packers started to turn it on in the final quarter on offense, but the fumble killed the game.

McNabb's two interceptions came on over thrown play action's were the receiver was open. The first half was tight, with the scores 10-7 to the viking at the break .

I'm delighted with the win ! Now just have to try and win out. Next week against Raoul is the big one. If i win that i can finish on 13-3, but Raoul is begging for some revenge for this season's loss and the PFL game that he had won before madden screwed him.

Then its down to the final week between Raoul and Santry !

wooo exciting !

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    Seeing as it was as CPU CPU team I say beat the crap out of them. If it was a CPU team where a human dropped out I would have not been trying so hard. Also what are you supposed to do if you cone up against a team with 2 80s doped CB and you have two 90+ speed WR LOL!!!!

I agree with you. Was just wondering in general did we have a rule.

The Vikings have beaten the Packers in Minnesota, 24-17 , close game with alot of turnovers a not many fluid drives.

Cassel threw 3 interceptions and McNabb threw 2 . The crucial turnover came late in the 4th quarter when the vikings were 17-10 up with Williams on a short pass had the ball stripped which resulted in 7 point return . The Packers started to turn it on in the final quarter on offense, but the fumble killed the game.

McNabb's two interceptions came on over thrown play action's were the receiver was open. The first half was tight, with the scores 10-7 to the viking at the break .

I'm delighted with the win ! Now just have to try and win out. Next week against Raoul is the big one. If i win that i can finish on 13-3, but Raoul is begging for some revenge for this season's loss and the PFL game that he had won before madden screwed him.

Then its down to the final week between Raoul and Santry !

wooo exciting !

SANTRY :mad::mad::mad:

Now it is even more important to win the game against Dave. If I can win that, it gives Santry breathing room and he might choose to rest players against me on the last day of the season!

Really need the Cardinals to lose their next games.

Dave, I am due a win against you and Santry for that matter too. Was very unfortunate to lose to Santry in our first game. So two CPU games must be win and then hope for the best against Dave and Santry :eek: Stress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

My sincerest apologies Adro, I went and landed myself a second job at short notice so I haven't been around. I'm around between 11 and 1 Sunday morning, after 10pm Sunday evening and all day Monday.

Apologies once again.

Once this week is over we'll have to do a quick post division by division on the playoff run. :) We did it last season

Over in the NFC, seems the Lions and the Falcons and maybe the Titans are fighting for wildcard spots.
    AFC looks straightforward

mikemac wrote: »
    Once this week is over we'll have to do a quick post division by division on the playoff run. :) We did it last season

Over in the NFC, seems the Lions and the Falcons and maybe the Titans are fighting for wildcard spots.
    AFC looks straightforward
    Falcons have very little chance of getting a wildcard spot really. They would have to win every one of their games and me and the cardinals would have to lose at least 2 games aswell. So very unlikely, sorry BlockyCross.

The Titans are in the AFC, no?

There is still a hell of a lot to play for in the AFC.

Ah the Titans, I'm getting mixed up. Away to the leaba with me :o

Of course, the AFC South was what I was thinking of, that's probably the tightest division in the franchise

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

bobarena wrote: »
    My sincerest apologies Adro, I went and landed myself a second job at short notice so I haven't been around. I'm around between 11 and 1 Sunday morning, after 10pm Sunday evening and all day Monday.

Apologies once again.

No bother, will we try for this evening around 10?

My Bengals lost 28-21 to Adro's 49ers.

A close game that would have been closer if a few things had gone my way. Stallworth dropped an easy slant while wide open on 3rd down early on. Was also let down by Jackson, even though he posted 100 yards+,he fumbled twice, one returned for a TD. I also had a KO return TD ruled out for Holding and brought back to my own 13 yard line. :mad:

Fair play Adro, I'm just about out of the running now.:(

I will get my game out of the way this evening? Santry if you want you can make me commiss and I will advance the league as soon as I am done. Dave are you about to play our games (madden and fifa) this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

My Falcons beat the Saints in a huge divisional game - leaves both sides 7-6 in their division.

With Kerry Collins playing QB, had to constantly run the ball effectively in order to gain yards. At one stage I thought it'd end up being a 0-0 draw. But Jacobs, Spiller and Tamme kept ramming it down their throats. Collins ended up throwing a couple of big completions too to Earl Bennett who had an outstanding game.

Pros: managed to get to their QB Sanchez pretty easily and my pass coverage was a lot better - managing two key interceptions.

Cons: my O-line had a really poor game protecting Collins.

Have 3 CPU games let after this, two with losing records, so need to win those two ensure a playoff berth. A lot of things need to go right for me though considering I had to really scrap for the win today.

(4 weeks and counting to Brees comeback).

• Advertisement

I can play the FIFA, but I'm staying in my folks tonight so I can't play madden, no disc for it, how's tomorrow for ya?

I'll be on tonight Raoul about half 9 til late so I can advance it then.

League has been advanced lads. Three weeks to go ;)

Ready whenever you are MikeMac. My last chance saloon, if I lose it'll be the biggest tragedy to happen in Baltimore since they announced there wouldn't be a sixth season of The Wire.

I can play the FIFA, but I'm staying in my folks tonight so I can't play madden, no disc for it, how's tomorrow for ya?

Wednesday won't work. Can play fifa now if you want.

bobarena wrote: »
    Ready whenever you are MikeMac. My last chance saloon, if I lose it'll be the biggest tragedy to happen in Baltimore since they announced there wouldn't be a sixth season of The Wire.

Where did you go bob? Would have played but you were away for a bit.

P.s the wire, what a show

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Beat the Browns in OT despite being 7 down with 0:13 to play, Their squib kick went badly and then a complete breakdown in coverage let me send it to OT.

I won the toss and scored a TD on that drive.

I decided to play my starters as there are 2 human players in that division fighting for playoff spots. Luckily I didn't pick up any new injuries though Mike Wallace is out for the season.

Raoul wrote: »
    Where did you go bob? Would have played but you were away for a bit.

P.s the wire, what a show

Sorry man, my Attention Deficit kicked in and I went off organising my online rugby management team. Xbox is only the 2nd nerdiest thing I do.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Beat the Browns in OT despite being 7 down with 0:13 to play, Their squib kick went badly and then a complete breakdown in coverage let me send it to OT.

I won the toss and scored a TD on that drive.

I decided to play my starters as there are 2 human players in that division fighting for playoff spots. Luckily I didn't pick up any new injuries though Mike Wallace is out for the season.

Really appreciate you playing the starters Adro. Browns are very decent for a computer team. Them and the Cards

• Advertisement

Beat the Saints 31-28. Atogwe out for 2 weeks :( Hayes out for another 3. Both back in time for the play offs though which is huge. I don't know how I managed to win this game as Madden had it in for me. Saints scoring ridiculous long touchdowns when the WR is double covered and once TRIPLE covered. Joke.

bobarena, any evening after 6pm.

9pm today?
    Beat the Browns in OT
    I decided to play my starters as there are 2 human players in that division fighting for playoff spots.

The AFC North thanks you!
    The Browns are the best team in the division but beatable, this helps a lot

Can't do today. Wednesday at 11pm? My new job is 2-10pm so I'll be working that most days.

Ouch, wouldn't fancy those hours

Wednesday at 11pm so

Randy McClain had a quieter night against a better CB combination.

8 receptions 223yards and 3TD as Jets eased past Broncos.

Good luck with the new job Bob !

Congrats on the new job Bob.

Just looking at the standings, I really need to beat Dave to give myself any chance to get the wildcard position. Also beating Dave will give Santry the division so allowing him to rest a few players against me on the final day if he likes.

At the moment, it looks like me and Bob are the only ones who might not make the playoffs :(

• Advertisement

Can someone tell me (titans) what games I have left?
    I cant seem to login to EA....

Your next game is against the 0-13 Steelers

That's a banker of a win

Then the texans and then Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Hey guys

I am back from France.

Hopefully I havent missed too much and lost too many games.

What is the franchise name and password again so I can get back in?

So Steelers, Texans and the Bobby Bengals

I'll beat the steelers and should hopefully get that done tomorrow.
    The Texans is going to be a key game. They beat me this year, I think the Colts have beaten them but I've also beaten the Colts. The Bengals will be interesting, I may go into this depending on how the Colts/Texans are doing needing a win for the division or a win to grab a wildcard its so close it really could go either way!

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    Hey guys

I am back from France.

Hopefully I havent missed too much and lost too many games.

What is the franchise name and password again so I can get back in?

Great! So now if I beat 3 human opponents in my last 3 games I might make the playoffs.

Not sure what the password is kilns. Can you pm Raoul as he knows it. Looking at the pace we're going I reckon we could be in the play offs by the start of July.

Madden 12 is out end of August

Might nearly get another league done before then :)

How's tonight for ya Raoul?

Was thinking the sames but is there enough time ?? Including the current week there are 7 gameweeks left until the Superbowl is completed, then schedule in a draft. At the current rate of progress ( which is really good ) it will be mid July by the time we can start a new season. That would mean 3 gameweeks per real time week before Madden 12 comes out...probably too difficult..

When you put it like that maybe not
    I just saw August 30th as release date

Looking forward to main draft in Madden 12
    I wasn't around for the last one

What are you doing for Madden 12 Raoul / Santry ? Will it be a fantasy draft again or use real teams?

Berty44 wrote: »
    Was thinking the sames but is there enough time ?? Including the current week there are 7 gameweeks left until the Superbowl is completed, then schedule in a draft. At the current rate of progress ( which is really good ) it will be mid July by the time we can start a new season. That would mean 3 gameweeks per real time week before Madden 12 comes out...probably too difficult..

We don't necessarily need to launch straight into Madden 12 either, it will probably take a bit of time for everyone to pick up a copy etc.

We don't necessarily need to launch straight into Madden 12 either, it will probably take a bit of time for everyone to pick up a copy etc.
    Yep. Hopefully we will pick up a few more new players as well.

Yeah but people will most likely trade in Madden 11 when they get Madden 12, well I will be anyway.

We could try to for another season anyway and see how fast it goes. We could always sim a few games and totally fair but it is better than not playing.

As for Madden 12, I think we will have to create a new thread and just try and get as many people as possible back in. I can't imagine getting too many new members, so it will just be up to our 11/12 here to get the game asap. Not much else can be done really.

EDIT - Sorry Dave tonight doesn't work for me. Tomorrow at 7?

• Advertisement
Advertisement