Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's big for who tops the AFC South. And I wouldn't wanna leave my team to the madden gods when the play offs are about to start. Titans will end up being crippled I'd imagine :pac:

It might not be big, I thought all games were played. If sundalic wins his game he has that sown up. Plus, maybe we could allow Kaiche to go into the game and put on all his subs and trust him to sim it. Sorry, I'm just desperate to get to the playoffs :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Now I know there is a week turnaround for every gameweek but now we wait until Sunday for the playoffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

I can play tomorrow at 11pm or Thursday at 11pm.

The game is very important by the way. If Kaiche wins he seals the Division and is the 2nd seed. If he loses, he's the 6th seed. The difference between a bye off or playing MikeMac away!

The game is very important by the way. If Titan win and Colts lose, they seals the Division and are the 2nd seed and will have a bye. Colts will then play Chiefs (or whatever saps win the AFC West) and Pats will travel to Baltimore. If Titan beat me and Colts win, Titan still get the 5th seed and gets easy game in Wildcard round. Pats still in Baltimore.
    If Titan lose to me, they are the 6th seed, and will be away to MikeMac. Pats will go to Kansas. (Get praying Lynch!)

For those who don't know, the way the play-offs work is:
    1st and 2nd seeds get byes.

3rd seed (Definitely MikeMac) plays 6th seed at home
    4th seed (AFC West winner and easiest chump!) vs. 5th seed

Then 1st seed plays lowest seeded team left at home. The 2nd seed plays the other team.

In the NFC the seeding is:
    1.49ers
    2. Packers
    3+4. Giants or Falcons, if the Giants win their last game I think they get 3rd. They have equal Conference records but I think they were better in common games.
    5. Vikings
    6.Lions

Lions will travel to I think NY. Vikings will go to Atlanta.

Then Lions (I have faith in you Eamon!) will travel to the 49ers while Packers will host the winners of the other game.

Ah, I wanted the Chiefs :)

It's not to be it seems

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bob tomorrow at 11 should be fine for me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If the colts have won their game against the jets I'm happy to sim it they lost I want to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

My Patriots beat the Bills 16-7 in a tight tough game in the heavy snow.

Wasnt a game for passing so MJD kept up his good end of season form by running once again for over a hundred yards.

I think I have secured my wildcard spot now, with a 10-5-1 record

Just have to wait and see who I get now.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

If the colts have won their game against the jets I'm happy to sim it they lost I want to play the game

We're not due to play till Fri.

I'll be waiting for the post McG!

• Advertisement

I'll be waiting for the post McG!

If you don't win tomorrow it won't matter how badly Berty beats me! :p

McG wrote: »
    If you don't win tomorrow it won't matter how badly Berty beats me! :p

Can you not just play him now! Bob are you confirmed for tomorrow night?

Can you not just play him now! Bob are you confirmed for tomorrow night?

No, Berty wasn't available today and I'm not available tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'd say it'll definitely be me vs. Eamonn (Lions) in the Wildcard round as I've lost my game this week.

Time to do some research and scouting!*

* 'cos I'm pretty sure I'll need every edge I can get!

Is Drew Brees back yet?

mikemac wrote: »
    Is Drew Brees back yet?

Nope, still out. Think he's a week left. I was hoping to get a CPU team in the Wildcard - hopefully beat them - and then have Brees back for the conference semi's.

Been working on different offensive schemes though so will see how it pans out. I think I need to work on my D' big time though and my reading of it.

bobarena wrote: »

The game is very important by the way. If Titan win and Colts lose, they seals the Division and are the 2nd seed and will have a bye. Colts will then play Chiefs (or whatever saps win the AFC West) and Pats will travel to Baltimore. If Titan beat me and Colts win, Titan still get the 5th seed and gets easy game in Wildcard round. Pats still in Baltimore.
    If Titan lose to me, they are the 6th seed, and will be away to MikeMac. Pats will go to Kansas. (Get praying Lynch!)

For those who don't know, the way the play-offs work is:
    1st and 2nd seeds get byes.

3rd seed (Definitely MikeMac) plays 6th seed at home
    4th seed (AFC West winner and easiest chump!) vs. 5th seed

Then 1st seed plays lowest seeded team left at home. The 2nd seed plays the other team.

In the NFC the seeding is:
    1.49ers
    2. Packers
    3+4. Giants or Falcons, if the Giants win their last game I think they get 3rd. They have equal Conference records but I think they were better in common games.
    5. Vikings
    6.Lions

Lions will travel to I think NY. Vikings will go to Atlanta.

Then Lions (I have faith in you Eamon!) will travel to the 49ers while Packers will host the winners of the other game.

Cheers bob. Hope that I can cause an upset in the playoffs. Think I was unlucky not to have a better record this year actually. Ohwell

We have a few days to wait until the next playoffs so do people want to state their team MVP. Something to do :)
    MVP usually done after 16 games so we can do it now

Ravens
    Tight End Fred Davis

Fred-Davis.jpg

Overall score of 81 which is solid but not stunning. Not even my tallest or fastest or strongest TE, slowish at 79.

But a good 86 at catching

Ravens play a lot of slants over the middle and when I need a 3rd down conversion I know where to go.
    Led the league in receptions and yds for over 13 weeks and finished with 96 catches and 1,830 yds.
    96 catches and only 7 drops, I like! The man is clutch!

5 TD's and there are three TE's in the league with more TD's but I run in the red zone a lot so that doesn't mean a lot to me

Got me in the playoffs with a powerful 88yd run last week breaking two tackles and getting to the red zone to get me past the Jags
    My go to guy!
    Who is your MVP?

mikemac wrote: »
    We have a few days to wait until the next playoffs so do people want to state their team MVP. Something to do :)
    MVP usually done after 16 games so we can do it now

Ravens
    Tight End Fred Davis

Overall score of 81 which is solid but not stunning. Not even my tallest or fastest or strongest TE, slowish at 79.

But a good 86 at catching

Ravens play a lot of slants over the middle and when I need a 3rd down conversion I know where to go.
    Led the league in receptions and yds for over 13 weeks and finished with 96 catches and 1,830 yds.
    96 catches and only 7 drops, I like!

5 TD's and there are three TE's in the league with more TD's but I run in the red zone a lot so that doesn't mean a lot to me

My go to guy!
    Who is your MVP?

Good idea, could put all the human team's selections on a list at the end of the season and have a vote?

My MVP is Rookie TE Jalen Driskell.

Actually, my Bengals are more suited to a Golden Razzies type version of the MVP since my team is so crap. Most Vilified Player!?

In that case, it would be Robert Meachem. A horrible sack of **** who was my supposed best wide-out at 80 overall, caught 18 passes with 10 drops until I decided to, wait for it, not even bench him...but just stick him out wide and ignore him for the rest of the season.

And I am on for tomorrow night Kaiche. 11pm. Bring your A-game, kind of...

• Advertisement

Ah good point, we do a team villain as well as an MVP

Not sure who my villain is, I'll have to think about it

Got to be Brandon Jacobs - RB - for me. (Falcons)
    amd_brandon-jacobs.jpg

With Brees out for the last number of weeks, the wheels most definitely could have come off the wagon. Luckily Jacobs has been like a bulldozer at times and everytime I need yards he's unstoppable. 1193 yards rushing, 10 TD's. That puts him 6th in the rushers list for the season, savage considering he's 83 rated - behind Petersen (98 - 310 yards and 4 TD's behind), Williams (87 - 15 yards behind), Tomlinson (84 - 104 yards behind) in the human players league.

Runners up -
    * Rookie Ladarius Coxson - 46 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INT. Has been a mammoth player defensively.
    * Bernard Berrian - 1247 yards receiving, 7 TD's.

Interesting note - whilst human players have the top scorers in many of the offensive tables, you have to go a long way down the list to find the first human defensive player.

My MVP has to be Maurice Jones Drew, despite missing 5 games of the season. After his injury lay off he has come storming back running consistently for nearly 100 yards. When needed he will always make those much needed few yards and once he breaks through there is no stopping him.

I am sure if he was fully fit for the whole season he would be topping the rushing stats

mjdflex.jpg

Bob, do you want to mic up for the game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Has to be Randy. Rookie WR he is rated only 72. Consequently he hardly played until week 4, when I realised how good he is. He is leading the receiving yards by a proverbial mile, the guy is incredible. Plays as either X or Y receiver or in the slot. Has great hands and if he gets behind the defence he will not be caught. Benefits from being part of a great receiver core with Austin, Gonzalez and Bush and I am hoping he will be the missing piece in the jigsaw to help the Jets push for a first Boards Superbowl.

Mike My apologies as I cannot now make our Friday night match. I can do Saturday afternoon / evening or Sunday evening ( after 8:30 ish )

You're playing McG and the Colts for Week 17

I'll see you in the AFC Championship game :cool:

My router has given up the ghost with bob up by a td close to the end of the first half, I had the ball and the titans to receive in the 2nd. I've a replacement router but no idea of my username password until tomorrow. Bob when suits to replay?

Tomorrow 11am-3pm or same time of 11pm after work?

• Advertisement

I shall be out getting drunk tomorrow night and work in the morning. I guess the only option then is Sunday?

Saturday morning? As long as we start by 12:30?

Sunday only available til 1230pm or after 11pm.

Cool with me say Saturday at high noon :)

Nice one, make sure to be good and hungover!

Berty44 wrote: »
    Mike My apologies as I cannot now make our Friday night match. I can do Saturday afternoon / evening or Sunday evening ( after 8:30 ish )

4pm Saturday ?

Yep 4pm Saturday should be good for me.

• Advertisement

Cool with me say Saturday at high noon :)

Hey man, the way you ended our game was incredibly unsporting. There are rules about etiquette and how to behave at the end of a game. When the result is known YOU DO NOT GO TO KNEEL THE BALL FROM 10 POINTS UP AND CALL AN AUDIBLE TO PAD THE SCORELINE AND THEN CALL TIME OUTS TO TURN THE SCREW, especially when I have put the controller down as the game was over.

Is this how you play the f***ing game? Am I really to believe your "router went down" when I was winning the other night? I went out of my way to rearrange my working week so that this game could be played early and the rest of the guys could advance to the playoffs and I think you've acted like a bit of a dick to be honest.

Bengals @ Titans
    The Bengals receive and score almost immediately on their second play.
    I march up the field and get a TD 7-7 in the first.

Jackson is killing me on the ground making about 9/10 yards on each play and it seems its taking 2/3 Titans to take him down and at one point my guy tackled him and the line of scrimmage but his momentum meant he fell 7 yards later!

14-14 with 3 to go in the second and I force the Bengals to punt. A key point in the game. I go and get a FG.

Titans receive in the second half go up the field and get a TD... then another game defining moment the Bengals fumble and on the first play I throw to my TE Dallas Clark for a 70yard TD.
    31-14.
    With 5 mins left in the 4th the Bengals get a TD 31-21 and then the Titans eat up the clock.

Some good stats Total yards for the Titans were 529, Campbell completing 18 from 27 Henne with 6 from 10.

Jackson averaging 8.6 a carry and I just couldnt find an answer to him.

My MVP Clark, 9 receptions for 237 yards and some of the throws sent his way i'm not sure how they were caught.

Bob you are quite the player, i'm not sure why you aint in the playoffs, with Jackson you've got the battering ram.

Got quite laggy there towards the end :(

bobarena wrote: »
    Hey man, the way you ended our game was incredibly unsporting. There are rules about etiquette and how to behave at the end of a game. When the result is known YOU DO NOT GO TO KNEEL THE BALL FROM 10 POINTS UP AND CALL AN AUDIBLE TO PAD THE SCORELINE AND THEN CALL TIME OUTS TO TURN THE SCREW, especially when I have put the controller down as the game was over.

Is this how you play the f***ing game? Am I really to believe your "router went down" when I was winning the other night?

Take it easy Tiger, as i said in my post the last couple of minutes got extremely laggy for me so when i was i was pressing buttons I was assuming that madden was going to call a kneel but he called throws and runs so I changed to a FB run to the same side each time it happened which was 2 maybe 3 times.

And hold on, I called a timeout when i was on the 10 yard line with 1 second to go and i fcuking knelt the ball you twat. If I wanted to pad the scoreline I could have easily went for a TD and would have been guaranteed 3 points from a FG.
    Look you can beleive what you want, I can post up a picture of my old router and my new one. Also you were up by a TD with a minute or so left and the Titans receiving in the second half. So its hardly like you were up by 30 points.

BS it got laggy. If you get lag, then I get lag. There were a few moments in the game with lag but nothing major.
    You were on my 40ish and could have knelt it there to run out the clock, instead you went and got a first down. Grand, slightly miffed but no biggy. You go to kneel it and I put down the controller. Then you call an audible. Because you were pushing buttons!? The worst that could have happened is that you would have gotten a DOG penalty and 5 yards. Big deal. The idea is to run the clock down anyway.
    Then you do it a second time. And a third.
    And why bother calling a TO at all? THE GAME WAS OVER.

I'll take back what I said about the other night, that was written in anger.

But that sort of behaviour at the end of the game just there is total bull**** man. The reason we play in boards and xbln is so we don't have to put up with that sort of ****e.

Right lads, calm down.

Its hard to know exactly what happened by just reading that or the motives for doing things, we have to give people benefit of the doubt, he didn't actually go and score so its not that big of a deal. I understand why you are frustrated Bob.

Why did you call a TO with 1 second to go anyway Heli? :confused: It is a bit unfair and just sort of rubbing salt in the wounds. I know you didn't score but people take this game pretty seriously (sometimes too serious) and play here so that they don't have to experience this.

• Advertisement

I'll reply to the rest later as I'm on my iPhone but frankly running the ball with a second left when I'm a few yards out if stupid so I called a to to kneel I didn't want to score

It's the 3 audibles from a positions where the QB is going to kneel that I'm more miffed about. As I said, I had put the controller down and was starting to write up a report here. I realised after the second one because I looked up from the laptop and the game hadn't finished. One of them was an incomplete pass, which you can't put to mashing the buttons due to lag.

And my two cents on why you knelt after the final TO is because I paused the game to send you a message but ran out of time to send it. I think by that stage Kaiche knew I was pissed.

To be honest, I'm done talking about this now.

Right, Heli, it is a bit strange that you choose to pass and not just simply kneel it.

But, I am going to trust that you had your reasons and weren't doing it out of badness. But if there is another report like this, it may be a weeks ban which hopefully doesn't happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm assuming you guy's weren't mic'd up?

That may have solved a few problems if your getting a lot of lag.

Some Bad Blood going into the play offs, love it :D

Good to go Berty if you read this before 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chill lads :D

Berty finishes the season going 16-0. Congrats.

League will be advanced soon.

Yep Jets go 16-0 but the scoreline ( 35-14 ) in no way reflects the reality that there really was not much in this game. Jets got some huge breaks while Colts had some terrible luck:

1) Hester had 5 yards on the CB on a deep throw....and he DROPPED the ball, Colts had to punt.
    2) Hester was wide open again with a TD a probability and Rodgers threw him a shocking pass....Colts punted.
    3) Jets were 3rd and 18, pass was caught but receiver taken down short of 1st down marker....BUT.... defensive interference penalty give the Jets an automatic 1st down, we could not understand that one as Mike had not taken over any defender.
    4) Jets got two huge offensive plays, McClain caught a 75 yard TD pass and outran the D and Bush ran 49 yards for a TD on 3rd down.

Great chatting McG, best of luck for the playoffs, hope you used all your bad luck up now !

Playoff time and records mean absolutely nothing !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep Jets go 16-0 but the scoreline ( 35-14 ) in no way reflects the reality that there really was not much in this game. Jets got some huge breaks while Colts had some terrible luck:

1) Hester had 5 yards on the CB on a deep throw....and he DROPPED the ball, Colts had to punt.
    2) Hester was wide open again with a TD a probability and Rodgers threw him a shocking pass....Colts punted.
    3) Jets were 3rd and 18, pass was caught but receiver taken down short of 1st down marker....BUT.... defensive interference penalty give the Jets an automatic 1st down, we could not understand that one as Mike had not taken over any defender.
    4) Jets got two huge offensive plays, McClain caught a 75 yard TD pass and outran the D and Bush ran 49 yards for a TD on 3rd down.

Great chatting Mike, best of luck for the playoffs, hope you used all your bad luck up now !

Playoff time and records mean absolutely nothing !

you forgot Rodger's fumble, I'm sure there was forward motion! :p

good luck in the playoffs, hope to see you in the AFC Final again

p.s. it's Gary.

Thats right Rodgers fumble...thats a lot of crap things in one game. Do hope to see you in the AFC final, i know it will be a good game if that happens.

I had typed in Mike, then thought to myself, he never said his name Was Mike !! so changed it to McG, but you had replied. Anyway good to talk to you Gary!

Without doubt its definitely more fun playing games when you are micced up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement