Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I think it's you and me Kilns, Pats @ Ravens.
    Ye beat me last season, no repeat!

Come on commish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

yeah should be a good game, have to admit I am a bit rusty with my offence so you should be hot favourite

When is it being advanced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fcuk. Sorry lads. Completely forgot before going out last night. Being advanced right now.

I'm good anytime today Kilns and any evening after 6pm

My headset is fecked, I can hear but others cannot hear me, will try to get around to getting a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

BlockyCross, what time will you be around this evening? if you are about at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Colts 33 - Bronco 27

Colts come from being 7-17 down at one point in first half to tie the game 3 times in the second half (at 17, 24 and 27) before completing the comeback by winning in OT.

Both offences were looking good and in the end the game could very well have been decided by the coin toss to start overtime. The Colts won the toss, received, and but for one brave moment (were lined up to punt on 4th but called a time out and then went for it) marched down the field to score the winning TD.

MVP Rodgers threw for 453yards and 4 TDs but did for the second game in a row fumble the ball (this time leading directly to a TD).

Next up is Divisional rivals the Titans (only 3 points between them last time they met in a 42-45 game in Tennessee).

Thought I was going to lose that one. I kept forcing 3rd and long and they kept converting, it was getting very frustrating. Not sure I could have stopped them if they'd won the coin toss to start OT!

My headset is acting up also!!

if you are free at 8 tonight, I get it played then

Cool, 8 tonight

See ya then

if ok, can we make 8.30. Other half wants to watch fair city!!!

• Advertisement

I read that as one of the lads in a houseshare , not your OH

Was playing Madden with some randomer on xbox live and reading boards at the same time.
    Doing too many things at once

Any chance you'd delete that post Raoul?

mikemac wrote: »
    Fair City?? Hit him a slap for me :p

8:30 so
    Him? Implying he is gay? Ohhh, trash before the game

Hey commish, didn't we extend the quarter length to 10 mins just for the playoffs last season.

Too late now for the wildcards but would this be considered for the divisional round onwards?

BOLLOCKS.

We sure did. If you haven't started your game yet I will do that. Sorry lads, been a hectic weekend.

SantryRed wrote: »
    BOLLOCKS.

We sure did. If you haven't started your game yet I will do that. Sorry lads, been a hectic weekend.
    should do it now anyway. Its mainly to benefit human v human games anyway

Great Game Mike.

You took your chances so deserved your win.

I was always playing catch up after you caught me cold on the first play of the game and you completely shut down my running game so couldnt get MJD going.

Good luck for the rest of the play offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Was going to say after my game,

I hammered the giants 27-0 A statement form the rest of the post season ! My defense stopped Tony Romo and Chris Johnson in there tracks!

Next stop Green Bay! Time to get revenge for my overtime loss earlier in the season.

Watch out Santry!

Done.

Now 10 minute quarters.

Looking forward to it dave! Any injuries? :p

Cracking game against kilns

Ravens recieved and first play of the game was a 77yd screen to my HB Harrison, just knocked oob at the 2yd line. Converted for a TD

Ravens shut down the run game but vunerable the speedy recievers the Patriots have, Rice, and Maclin, well over 90 speed. My defensive back man coverage was getting burned.
    Big Ben drove down the field and with a 32 yd pass to MJD then converted a FG.
    7-3

Back and forth for the 2nd quarter until Pats threw a pick in the red zone but Ravens could do nothing with it and threw a pick with a mad throw right into coverage.
    MJD got a 2yd TD with a 2yd run. He's a great player!

But the half had 12 seconds left. ;)
    With a good return and a 35yd pass to my TE Fred Davis, Ravens had a FG on the 30 with 1 second left and chance to go 10-10. Missed :(

HB Harrison scored a TD for the Ravens at the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th and then a FG left Ravens 24-10

Valiant fightback from Kilns and a spectacular one handed catch from the TE Finlay left a fighting chance 24-17

Ravens recovered the onside kick so Pats burned their timeouts and got the ball with a minute to go. Pats had to go for it but the field was flooded with defensive backs and an INT was thrown, take a knee and it's over

Very enjoyable game, last season MJD ripped me to shreds in the playoffs so containing him was the main thing I reckon

Now I have to face the 16-0 Jets

My xbox seems to be on its way out again!! Keeps stopping for no reason. :mad:

Seriously hope it holds up for the playoffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Raoul wrote: »
    BlockyCross, what time will you be around this evening? if you are about at all

Sorry mate, rough enough weekend there. I'm around to play Mon-Wed after 9.30pm any night ya choose. Then free anytime Thurs-sat. Whatever suits?

• Advertisement

I will have nightmares over the amount of intercepts Big Ben threw!

Ironically it was probably his best game for passing yards, throwing for over 300

One pick on my own 10 yard line was criminal

Very enjoyable game.

Hopefully I get more human v human games next time

Sorry mate, rough enough weekend there. I'm around to play Mon-Wed after 9.30pm any night ya choose. Then free anytime Thurs-sat. Whatever suits?

Will probably be about tonight but late maybe half 11. Cant be sure though. Plus my xbox seems to be acting up. Just stopping for no reason, thought it was the madden disc as fifa was working fine, but then fifa started to stop too. :(

well next season will be all human vs human games. Ill post up a provisonal ranking for the team draft after the first AFC/NFC games .

If we dont hit numbers for madden 12 , will we just stick with a league with custom matches and do the tables here on the website?

Also everyone needs to be mic'ed up for next season imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

We will never have 32 for a long long time.

I think we should stay with franchise. Main reason I would say is that if we start a franchise guys will be able to join and start playing immediately rather than wait until each season is completed as would be the case with only human teams. Also will probably get 3/4 seasons in.

Maybe have a vote on another fantsay draft or for real teams.

Fantasy draft for the franchise in Madden 12 gets my vote ;)

I would like a fantasy draft too (if my xbox is still alive by then)

Stick with full franchise.... and hope we can bring more players in over time.

I like franchise too

Players can drop out if needed for exams (no excuse! :)) and holidays and new players can join mid season. When I joined it was Week 12.

New players would be great, Wompa1 might return?
    And when this season is over I'll start a thread over in boards xbox forum and see can we round up some more

Will probably be about tonight but late maybe half 11. Cant be sure though. Plus my xbox seems to be acting up. Just stopping for no reason, thought it was the madden disc as fifa was working fine, but then fifa started to stop too. :(

I'll try be on for then so. Sure if it conks it conks but hopefully it'll last it out.

Im on now if you want to play!

• Advertisement

Also everyone needs to be mic'ed up for next season imo

Just on this point about the mic's, I understand that it kind of takes away from the personality/craic side of it not being mic'd up but I really don't think can play with the mic.

Tried it 3-4 times - including one of the games on here and I just find myself getting completely distracted between trying to call a play, trying to speak to the other person. I think it was Raoul I played (might have been someone else) in the regular season and I missed calling a TO because I was concentrating on speaking and trying to call a play.

Sounds stupid I know. Plus the fact that I quite regularly shout expletives at the TV or lose the plot when I get beat. :o

Just played Raoul in our wildcard game.. the result..

Falcons 10-24 Lions

Pretty proud of my side considering in the regular season the Lions beat the crap out of me. Petersen drove me and my defence demented. 163 yards rushing for the Lions.

Lions started brilliantly with Petersen going on a mental run half the length of the field for a first quarter TD. Knew I was in a game then. I equalise with a TD from Bennett after an almighty leap and catch. Falcons were fortuitous in that prior to the TD drive, the Lions fumbled resulting in a turnover.

My defence holds firm as the Lions take possession and I manage to take the lead with a field goal with five seconds remaining in the half. With the Falcons receiving in the second half everything is looking rosy. But then the Lions completely shut down my offence. Collins, who played like Tom Brady in the first half, remembered that he's not as good as that and began throwing like a spanner or even worse failed to get off the pass. Credit goes to the Lions defence too for their closing down of my offence - Jacobs tried and tried but could only do so much.

Lions take the lead in the third quarter with Petersen recieving a screen pass to run in for an unopposed TD. I went completely nuts (i.e. jumping up and down and shouting expletives at random) at this stage because I spotted the play but it was far too late and once Petersen had it, there was only going to be one result.

With four points in it going into the last quarter, I was fairly confident I could get something out of the game. Again Jacobs and Spiller continued to try run the ball, but the Lions had me figured. Collins aimed a ball at Berrian who tried a novel new way of catching the ball - with his face. Fail. Lions go on a dive and strike the final nail in the coffin with a McNeal TD from Kolb with minutes remaining.

Well done Raoul, hope you go on to win it now after that. Was a great game but your superiority did come through in the end.

Oh, Drew Brees is back next week. Grrr.

Gameweek has been advanced lads :)

Dave when can you play? I could play tomorrow but only til a 12:30 start. Could play on Weds up until a 3 o'clock start. And free most of Thursday up until 7.

Ravens @ Jets

God knows how I'm going to beat a 16-0 team :(
    But I'll do my best! :cool:

Where are you free Berty44?

I'm good any evening after 6pm

Just played Raoul in our wildcard game.. the result..

Falcons 10-24 Lions

Pretty proud of my side considering in the regular season the Lions beat the crap out of me. Petersen drove me and my defence demented. 163 yards rushing for the Lions.

Lions started brilliantly with Petersen going on a mental run half the length of the field for a first quarter TD. Knew I was in a game then. I equalise with a TD from Bennett after an almighty leap and catch. Falcons were fortuitous in that prior to the TD drive, the Lions fumbled resulting in a turnover.

My defence holds firm as the Lions take possession and I manage to take the lead with a field goal with five seconds remaining in the half. With the Falcons receiving in the second half everything is looking rosy. But then the Lions completely shut down my offence. Collins, who played like Tom Brady in the first half, remembered that he's not as good as that and began throwing like a spanner or even worse failed to get off the pass. Credit goes to the Lions defence too for their closing down of my offence - Jacobs tried and tried but could only do so much.

Lions take the lead in the third quarter with Petersen recieving a screen pass to run in for an unopposed TD. I went completely nuts (i.e. jumping up and down and shouting expletives at random) at this stage because I spotted the play but it was far too late and once Petersen had it, there was only going to be one result.

With four points in it going into the last quarter, I was fairly confident I could get something out of the game. Again Jacobs and Spiller continued to try run the ball, but the Lions had me figured. Collins aimed a ball at Berrian who tried a novel new way of catching the ball - with his face. Fail. Lions go on a dive and strike the final nail in the coffin with a McNeal TD from Kolb with minutes remaining.

Well done Raoul, hope you go on to win it now after that. Was a great game but your superiority did come through in the end.

Oh, Drew Brees is back next week. Grrr.
    Yeah, it was a good game. I was trying some new tactics for the playoffs, I think they worked. Makes my game a little less exciting though.

Good game though, really feel that if you had of had Brees things could have been different. Pretty happy with my handling of your running game too.

As for the mic, you don't have to talk the whole time. Simply at the start of the game say that you need to concentrate while playing so only talk to me if there is something wrong. Having a mic doesn't mean you have to talk. In my playoff games, I am taking a vow of silence so that I can concentrate. :mad:(playoff face)

Edit - I am off on holidays on Thursday, so Adrian, any chance of getting the game played tomorrow night or wednesday night? Or at 5.15 either day. Won't be back until next Monday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG, I'm around tomorrow evening for our game Thursday and Friday are good also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul I should be on tonight and tomorrow night from around 7 so let me know what time suits you best ...

adrian522 wrote: »
    Raoul I should be on tonight and tomorrow night from around 7 so let me know what time suits you best ...

Lets say 7 tonight then? Let the battle commence

McG, I'm around tomorrow evening for our game Thursday and Friday are good also

8 tomorrow or 9 on Friday suits me.

Aim for 8 tomorrow then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    8 tomorrow or 9 on Friday suits me.

Aim for 8 tomorrow then.

Cool, i'll be available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lets say 7 tonight then? Let the battle commence

Cool ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

mikemac wrote: »
    Ravens @ Jets

God knows how I'm going to beat a 16-0 team :(
    But I'll do my best! :cool:

Where are you free Berty44?

I'm good any evening after 6pm
    Records mean nothing now, its all on one game !

We have visitors staying this week so can't really guarantee any night this week. Saturday or Sunday evening would be best for me.

Weekend is fine

I'll post back here on Friday and we'll sort a time

Gameweek has been advanced lads :)

Dave when can you play? I could play tomorrow but only til a 12:30 start. Could play on Weds up until a 3 o'clock start. And free most of Thursday up until 7.

Can you do earlier tomorrow? Say mid day?

Otherwise it would have to be Friday

Can you do earlier tomorrow? Say mid day?

Otherwise it would have to be Friday

Yep 12 tomorrow suits me if it suits you man ;)

• Advertisement

It might be time to give up madden all together after the beating I took from Raoul last night.

Not so much on the scoreboard but he seemsed to score a TD on each and every possesion and must have ran for close to 300 yards.

Frustrating as hell when you can't stop the run.

Offensivly I was ok putting up good enough passing numbers but 2 plays cost me.

On the first drive I had to settle for a FG even though I had 1st and Goal from around the 5. In hindsight I might have gone for the TD at 4th and gola from the 2. But I was already down 7 and wanted points on the board.

In the second half I went for a 2 point conversion while down by 8 but missed it.

In the end I only lost by 2 points but I'm sure Raoul could have scored another TD on the last drive if he needed to.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It might be time to give up madden all together after the beating I took from Raoul last night.

Not so much on the scoreboard but he seemsed to score a TD on each and every possesion and must have ran for close to 300 yards.

Frustrating as hell when you can't stop the run.

Offensivly I was ok putting up good enough passing numbers but 2 plays cost me.

On the first drive I had to settle for a FG even though I had 1st and Goal from around the 5. In hindsight I might have gone for the TD at 4th and gola from the 2. But I was already down 7 and wanted points on the board.

In the second half I went for a 2 point conversion while down by 8 but missed it.

In the end I only lost by 2 points but I'm sure Raoul could have scored another TD on the last drive if he needed to.
    There is a couple of plays that can usually stop the run plays that I was choosing, you just needed to find them. If you pmme I will let you know. Obviously don't want to put it up here before my next game.

Well I know what plays should have stopped your play, but just didn't happen, I pretty much went through the entire run stopping playbook without sucess last night. :(

Superbowl Champions Green Bay are into the NFC Championship game after a hard fought and nail biting 23-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings with a FG winning it with 5 seconds left on the clock.

Great game Dave, enjoyable as always! Raoul you're up next mate ;)

Superbowl Champions Green Bay are into the NFC Championship game after a hard fought and nail biting 23-20 win over the Minnesota Vikings with a FG winning it with 5 seconds left on the clock.

Great game Dave, enjoyable as always! Raoul you're up next mate ;)

You sound very confident, as if you are just lining me up to beat me. Twice this season you were very lucky to beat me. I think I have the edge.:)

Edit - Both games went to overtime actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement