Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    You sound very confident, as if you are just lining me up to beat me. Twice this season you were very lucky to beat me. I think I have the edge.:)

Edit - Both games went to overtime actually.

Not cocky at all mate. Really looking forward to it and it should be very tight. Don't think you've beaten me yet but our games have always been close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Colts and titans got dosconnected but McG was so far ahead and there was only 5 mins left so can you just give him the win it was 68-21 or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Colts and titans got dosconnected but McG was so far ahead and there was only 5 mins left so can you just give him the win it was 68-21 or something

You will have to leave the franchise and allow him to play the game against the CPU, only way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The computer gave it to me anyway, 69-21. You had no luck there today, 5 interceptions and a kick returned for a TD.
    Things were going my way with Rodgers making over 80% of throws and Williams over 100yards in rushing (2TDs) and receiving (another 2 TDs). Only my kicking was off, missing out on some early points due to bad lag.

See you again in the regular season.

Last seasons AFC South Champions beat this years AFC South Champions to make their second straight AFC Championship game which will either be a rematch of last year's against the Jets or against a Ravens team who earlier in the season took the Colts to overtime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What happens if the CPU beats him? Not that i expect it will.

will leave later on McG

Edit, cool just seen your post.

What happens if the CPU beats him? Not that i expect it will.

will leave later on McG

Edit, cool just seen your post.
    We'll allow McG to disconnect and start again if he is losing with time elapsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

So draft position's for next season's mini league are

1. Bobarena
    2.United Irishman
    3. Kilns
    4. Helimachoptor
    5. Danger_Dave1
    6. Adrian522
    7.Mikemac/Berty44/Raoul/SantryRed/MCG
    8. Mikemac/Berty44/Raoul/SantryRed/MCG
    9.Mikemac/Berty44/Raoul/SantryRed/MCG
    10.Mikemac/Berty44/Raoul/SantryRed/MCG
    11. Mikemac/Berty44/Raoul/SantryRed/MCG

Thats right i believe , Now who will i pick Berty....... I wonder :pac:

Great game Santry ! you certaintly deserved the win for the 3rd quarter D you played ! Would've have liked to push it to over time but them the breaks !

My prediction well i certaintly think the next superbowl champion will come from the NFC North again ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I'd say you might go for someone like the Bucs or Lions Dave !

Mike, I will be around on Friday evening if you want to do our game. I am still good for Saturday if that does not suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Friday at 7pm?

mikemac wrote: »
    Friday at 7pm?
    Friday @ 7 is perfect

• Advertisement

Ravens did nothing with their first posession but with great blitzing by the Ravens D neither did the Jets. With the Ravens looking to run Harrison broke through for a long 66yard run to give the visitors the lead. 2nd quarter belonged to the Jets as they continually took advantage of blitzing by the Ravens to build a 21-7 lead. Ravens had success stopping the Jets at the end of the half to get a TD and a FG as time expired to leave it 21-17 Jets at the half.

Momentum began to shift however and the Jets who had the ball to start the half failed to move it and the Ravens responded with the TD to that man Freddy Davis to grab the lead. It was short lived as that other man Randy McClain caught a 76yard pass to restore the lead. Baltimore kickd a FG to end the quarter and as we entered the 4th it was a one point game.

However the Jets again took advantage of the blitzing Ravens with Stephens Howling ( in because Reggie Bush was ko early ) scored his 3rd TD on a screen pass. The Jets crucially intercepted the Ravens on their next drive and took advantage of the short field as Stephens-Howling ran it in from 4 yards to put the game away with less than two minutes left.

Really tight game, I was struggling to move the ball as I rarely seemed to have any time as there always seemed to be a blitz coming. Got some fortunate breaks, there were two first downs that might not have been given, so close were they to the marker, one crucially on a 3rd down which if the Ravens had stopped the Jets they would have controlled the game. Unlucky micmclo, you played a great game and it could have easily been you with the win.

Yes, very enjoyable game

I suppose Berty44 is excellent at the audibles.
    I go heavy on the blitz and I get burned with a screen pass to the outside. I flood the field with defensive backs and I get stung with a draw play.
    Something to work on and disguise the D a bit better.

But it was better and closer then our regular season game where I got trashed by half time, I hope I'm improving :)
    14 points in the difference but the actual game was a bit closer then that

Good luck in the AFC Championship.
    AFC rules :cool:

Anyway commish, that's the wildcards done

We're good to advance

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

Hi guys,
    I´m in Spain at the moment and have been trying to post on the new xbln forum expaining this but the new site won´t let me post for some reason. Just wanted to let Bertie, Dave et al. know, could I be kicked (if I´m not already banned :( ) and rejoin later.
    Again, sorry for bringing this up here but the other "new" xbln forums are a nightmare, teething problems perhaps.

No problem Bob. Dave and I figured out you were gone somewhere as you were absent from XBox for a few days. You were booted from the franchise but there is an invite awaiting you on your return.

Enjoy and don't get sunburned !:)

Advanced the gameweek yesterday morning. Raoul think I saw you say you're away til Monday so lemme know when you wanna play. Can do Monday night about half 10 if it suits.

Bert, I'm available tomorrow or Wednesday at 7.30

SantryRed wrote: »
    Advanced the gameweek yesterday morning. Raoul think I saw you say you're away til Monday so lemme know when you wanna play. Can do Monday night about half 10 if it suits.

Monday night is out for me now. Does Tuesday suit?

McG wrote: »
    Bert, I'm available tomorrow or Wednesday at 7.30
    Has to be tomorrow then. See you Monday 7:30

• Advertisement

Honestly I wish there was a way to watch some of these games :(

Is there a way of uploading highlights?

I'm not on the EA website but I remember a post on boards a few months back about highlights can be saved for a limited time

Highhlights saved and uploaded to franchise server only last the week is rolled over and can be viewed on the franchise website so hre is what to do:

Save the highlight to your Xbox

Thn upload the highlight to on of your slots on EA Sports here (think you only have 5 )
    http://www.easports.com/

Download the highlight via the web to your pc

Upload the highlight to Youtube where it will be on permanent display.

Here is my Youtube Channel with example of uploaded highlights from Madden Games

http://www.youtube.com/user/IrishBerty44?feature=mhsn

Jets are going to the Suberbowl!

I knew it was going to be a tough evening when my first possession was a muffed punt returned for a TD. After that I could have very little argument about the result, the Jets outplayed the Colts who couldn't get their offence going at all until it was far too late.

Good luck in the Superbowl Berty.

Thanks Gary, you got no luck in the game and the start to the game did not help. In heavy snow the Jets were forced to a 3 and out and the resultant punt was fumbled and taken in for a TD. Jets built a 17 point lead but the Colts scored 13 straight points to make it a 4 point game in Q3. Colts had 3 fumbles in the snow and Jets one ( a funny one at the end of the game when Bush dived to waste the clock and fumbled ).

Bush had a great game, as Randy McClain was knocked out halfway through with 5 catches for 94 yards. Brown and Bush provided a good balance with the pass compared to the Colts who suffered on account of their inability to run the ball due to personnel deficiencies.

Great chatting with you Gary as always and thanks for the good luck wishes !

Raoul, can do tomorrow night any time after 8 if you are alive :)

• Advertisement

Monday night is out for me now. Does Tuesday suit?

Just back from holidays, not sure about tomorrow night yet! Will have to let you know tomorrow at some stage.

EDIT - Just seen your message. 8 could be good but I can't guarantee tomorrow until tomorrow.

Just back from holidays, not sure about tomorrow night yet! Will have to let you know tomorrow at some stage.

EDIT - Just seen your message. 8 could be good but I can't guarantee tomorrow until tomorrow.

No bother mate. Can't do any time on Wednesday but could do Thurs about 7. lemme know :)

No bother mate. Can't do any time on Wednesday but could do Thurs about 7. lemme know :)

Can you do right now? Or any time during the day?

Can you do right now? Or any time during the day?
    Working mate. Will be on from about half 7 tonight if you can do it. If not it'll have to be Thursday before 9 or after 11. Thanks :)

I'm on now, need to start asap if we are going to play tonight

• Advertisement

on now!!

And the Boards Superbowl II will be a repeat of the first after a hard fought 34-28 win for the Packers over the Lions. The defining plays being two INTs for the Packers in the endzone in the final 2 mins!! Great game Raoul and unlucky.

Ricky Williams done for the season with a broken collar bone :(

Congrats Ben.

How are you fixed Thursday for Superbowl? I am away for weekend, not back until very late Sunday night and then heading off on holidays until 29th July. If you can't do Thursday it will have ti be after holidays.

And the Boards Superbowl II will be a repeat of the first after a hard fought 34-28 win for the Packers over the Lions. The defining plays being two INTs for the Packers in the endzone in the final 2 mins!! Great game Raoul and unlucky.

Ricky Williams done for the season with a broken collar bone :(
    Haha, never been so frustrated at the game in my life. Just couldn't get it into your end zone.

And the interception after my first three plays to go for a td aswell :mad:

It was my own fault I lost, had the game their for the taking and messed it up.

On defense for the majority of the game I just couldn't stop you. Felt like I called a lot of the plays right but you just managed to get the pass in or break a few tackles or once your wr caught a ball that was meant for a different wr.

You played very well though. Found it really tough to get any yards. Had to resort to passing to my HB and my FB :(.

How many injuries were in that game? I think two for you and three for me. Bit frustrating. Having said that after the injuries on my defence I seemed to play better.

Good luck in the playoffs. Third time this season I basically handed you the game in the last minute. :mad:

Haha, never been so frustrated at the game in my life. Just couldn't get it into your end zone.

And the interception after my first three plays to go for a td aswell :mad:

It was my own fault I lost, had the game their for the taking and messed it up.

On defense for the majority of the game I just couldn't stop you. Felt like I called a lot of the plays right but you just managed to get the pass in or break a few tackles or once your wr caught a ball that was meant for a different wr.

You played very well though. Found it really tough to get any yards. Had to resort to passing to my HB and my FB :(.

How many injuries were in that game? I think two for you and three for me. Bit frustrating. Having said that after the injuries on my defence I seemed to play better.

Good luck in the playoffs. Third time this season I basically handed you the game in the last minute. :mad:

Have we ever played a game which hasn't gone down to the last 2 mins? I've won 5 in a row against you I think but not one has been a blow out :pac: All a score in them!!

Have we ever played a game which hasn't gone down to the last 2 mins? I've won 5 in a row against you I think but not one has been a blow out :pac: All a score in them!!

I don't think so. The three this year, I have should have won really apart from I messed it up in the last minute. Went to overtime twice in the regular season this year.

Those three plays you had around your own 5 yard line were the dodgiest plays I have ever seen, the first throw I don't know how my guy didn't pick it and just saunter into the end zone. The other two you were milliseconds away from giving up the safety. I was literally jumping out of my seat. :pac:

Berty44 wrote: »
    Congrats Ben.

How are you fixed Thursday for Superbowl? I am away for weekend, not back until very late Sunday night and then heading off on holidays until 29th July. If you can't do Thursday it will have ti be after holidays.
    Sorry berty, completely missed this yesterday!! I should be able to play thurs but can't be 100%. could be provisionally say half seven and I'll let you know then? Just could have to work later. Could also do very late Sunday :p will let you know Berty! Thanks. Look forward to our rematch. Atogwe is too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Have we ever played a game which hasn't gone down to the last 2 mins?

I know the feeling !

Hardluck Raoul, thought you were going to take this one they way you beat me in the regular season,

Well Goodluck lads !

NFC NORTH RULES ! :)

Sorry berty, completely missed this yesterday!! I should be able to play thurs but can't be 100%. could be provisionally say half seven and I'll let you know then? Just could have to work later. Could also do very late Sunday :p will let you know Berty! Thanks. Look forward to our rematch. Atogwe is too :D
    It will have to be Thursday or in about 2.5 weeks as I cannot really do Sunday or I will be killed :pac:. We are away for the weekend and not back until late Sunday evening but have to pack as we are flying at 6am on Monday. No big deal if we can't play until after the holidays as its the last game.

On the new league for the last few weeks of Madden 11 it might be easier if I don't play in it. I think there are 11 players and if I drop out you could have two divisions of 5 and get it started straight away. There are only 6 weeks until Madden 12 comes out so the sooner you start the better as you have to sort out team drafts etc. Then when Madden 12 comes out I will be back.

Bring the xbox with you on holidays :cool:

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »
    Bring the xbox with you on holidays :cool:
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I checked back and you would have 10 if I drop out so that would be ideal. I say get cracking now before you lose any momentum. After all it does feel a little weird playing a game of Madden in the snow, sitting in a t-shirt on a fabulous sunny sumemrs evening .

You should play Berty if you can. I can organise everything over the weekend for this tournament and will stick it up on Sunday. I am also away for a week from the 21st. We'll set a deadline of around mid August for games to be played so then we have 2 weeks for play offs before the new Madden comes out at the end of August.

Ben I think it would be far easier if I drop it as it gives you two groups of 5 and you get started straight away. As you know I do play a lot of Madden and so have more than my fair share of games.

I am also a mad golfer and with the summer fading I want to try and play as much as I can in August so a break would do me no harm.

I will be keeping an eye on how your tournie goes and be back for Madden 12 !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Ben I think it would be far easier if I drop it as it gives you two groups of 5 and you get started straight away. As you know I do play a lot of Madden and so have more than my fair share of games.

I am also a mad golfer and with the summer fading I want to try and play as much as I can in August so a break would do me no harm.

I will be keeping an eye on how your tournie goes and be back for Madden 12 !

Ok cool then Berty. Lads I'm going to start this up now. I know there is a draft list floating about so I'll update it and then we can get picking.

1. Bobarena
    2. United Irishman
    3. Kilns
    4. Mikemac
    5. Helimachopter
    6. Danger_Dave1
    7. Adrian522
    8. Raoul
    9. McG
    10. SantryRed

Draft List is as follows:

Will send messages to everyone now. Will be asking for your top 5 preferences in teams. What do people want the format to be? Do we each play each other once? Or just play your conference games?

1. Bobarena
    2. United Irishman
    3. Kilns
    4. Mikemac
    5. Helimachopter
    6. Danger_Dave1
    7. Adrian522
    8. Raoul
    9. McG
    10. SantryRed

Draft List is as follows:

Will send messages to everyone now. Will be asking for your top 5 preferences in teams. What do people want the format to be? Do we each play each other once? Or just play your conference games?

1. Bobarena
    2. United Irishman
    3. Kilns
    4. Mikemac
    5. Helimachopter
    6. Danger_Dave1
    7. Adrian522
    8. Raoul
    9. McG
    10. SantryRed
    You sure that draft list is right? I just used the one that Dave had posted up before. Was his wrong?

I thought we were just going to have two groups, play each other once and then playoff games.

kilns you're going to have to get your profile changed so you can send pms. Can you post here your top 5 preferences please. Hopefully we'll get this started on Monday which gives us 3 weeks for regular season and 2 weeks for the play offs.

You sure that draft list is right? I just used the one that Dave had posted up before. Was his wrong?

I thought we were just going to have two groups, play each other once and then playoff games.

Dave's was slightly wrong as he put them in order of when they lost their play off game. I've broken it down into who made the play offs, then knocked out in each round and then their regular season record.

• Advertisement

http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/

Using that site, i'm going to randomly draw the groups using the numbers from the draft list. Doing this now.

Advertisement