Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

yeah thats grand.

Hate that site though, ha. Had a project to do once in college to make one of those random number generators, grr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

AFC : SantryRed, Raoul, kilns, helimachoptor, mikemac
    NFC: McG, Adrian522, Danger_dave1, UnitedIrishman, Bobarena

Top two from each group will go through where 1st from the AFC will play 2nd from the NFC and 1st from the NFC will play 2nd from the NFC. Will post up the fixtures and such later.

Raoul wrote: »
    If we do the divisions the way I said me, you and dave end up in the same group yet again. It is the fairest way to do it but I would like to get to play other people.

Was this discussed? Sorry If I missed it. Just randomly drew 2 groups there, but I'll go with whatever the majority want.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Was this discussed? Sorry If I missed it. Just randomly drew 2 groups there, but I'll go with whatever the majority want.

No it wasn't discussed, I don't think. I just presumed it was a fair way to evenly match out the divisions. But I am happier to do it your way really.

Could you post up who gets what teams as soon as they get back to you please? I am one of the later ones, so might wait and see. My top 5 preferences will more than likely be gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll stick with the Titans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens
    Texans

That's about it realy, who is going to claim the Ravens off me? :confused:

You guys should wait to see what the people ahead of you want. You might influence their decisions and they might take your team :pac:

The Ravens are a terrible team, lucky to even make the playoffs only the Browns lost four of their last six and threw away the division

Nobody should claim the Ravens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bobarena

Quick question.

The team we pick...will the roster be the Madden 11 roster or the one from the franchise. I´m assuming it´s the former.

That being the case, my picks are:

1. Saints
    2. Doesn´t matter, I´m Number 1 pick, so if the Saints are gone by the time I pick then we´re dealing with some Quantum-Leap-breach-of-the-laws-of-physics-type scenario that dooms us all.

bobarena wrote: »
    Quick question.

The team we pick...will the roster be the Madden 11 roster or the one from the franchise. I´m assuming it´s the former.

That being the case, my picks are:

1. Saints
    2. Doesn´t matter, I´m Number 1 pick, so if the Saints are gone by the time I pick then we´re dealing with some Quantum-Leap-breach-of-the-laws-of-physics-type scenario that dooms us all.

Madden 11 roster. Will do up the fixtures now.

• Advertisement

Berty, am still in work now but could get told to go home at any time so I may still be able to make half 7. Will let you know for sure at 7 if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

That's cool. I will check after 7.

I should be ok myself, but I'm not quite 100% certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

You guys should wait to see what the people ahead of you want. You might influence their decisions and they might take your team :pac:

We could all just use whatever team we want. There arent any system limitations if we're just doing up league tables manually. People could pick the same teams with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

McG wrote: »

We could all just use whatever team we want. There arent any system limitations if we're just doing up league tables manually. People could pick the same teams with no issues.

If we are still picking our teams i'll take the Steelers.

Nah it evens the playing field with each team only allowed once!

Home now Berty so can play at half 7 if you can get on. Can start up to about 7:50 if that suits ;)

Any key injuries for the Superbowl lads?

Home now Berty so can play at half 7 if you can get on. Can start up to about 7:50 if that suits ;)
    See you at 7:30. I have 2 injuries. A WR and a FS, neither major losses.

Congratulations to Berty on a well deserved Superbowl title and a 19-0 perfect season. Well done Berty :) He won the final 35-20 and imo he deserved it. well done mate :)

Once again it was a tight contest between the Packers and the Jets. David Akers kicked the Pack ahaead after their drive stalled near the Jets goal. Jets responded with a 10 yard run by Ronnie Brown to take the lead. Another Pack FG after a long drive reduced the deficit before we had the first major incident of the game. On the Jets drive a brilliant hit stick on Randy McClain ( kudos to Ben ) resulted in a fumble which the Pack turned into a TD through Greg Camarillo who was having a great game. McClain was involved again when catching a long bomb at the 10 aand being hauled down at the 1.....as time had expired in the half ! 13-7 to the Pack at the half.

Jets started the second half well and Reggie Bush ran it in from 3 yards and then Randy McClain caught another long bomb for a 58yard TD. Packers replied with a long one of their own to Camarillo from 51 yards. 21-20 Jets as we entered the final quarter.

Reggie Bush ran it in from 10 yards to extend the lead to 8. Then another crucial play. Just like last season's Superbowl the Pack were faced with a 4th down but this time Cassel threw a shocker staight to Bradley, who intercepted it, then was hit and fumbled it. Crucially the luck went with the Jets this time and they recovered. Randy McClain caught a 39 yard pass to extend the lead to 15. Pack went 4 and out and the Jets avoid what happened to the Pats in real life and achieve their perfect season 35-20 final score.

WR Randy McClain 9 catches for 209 yds and 2 TD would have won MVP. Jets had 323yds passing compared to 282 for Pack. Jets ran for 87yds, Packers 46.

Cracking game Ben, there is nothing between us and one Superbowl each is probably fair outcome over the two franchise seasons.

• Advertisement

Still haven't got all the team picks in yet lads.I need them in sharpish to start this Monday. Kilns man you've got to get on here :pac:

Berty, congrats dude, well played.

Ulterior motive for bothering you though, can you send me that invite for the Xbln franchise again. I didn't get it.

Bob, I am on holidays so can't send it. 2 options. On your xbox search in Madden for XBLN franchise and then you should find it and be able to enter it with the password. If that does not work pm Burnzee who is acting commissioner and he will sort out an invite

Still haven't got all the team picks in yet lads.I need them in sharpish to start this Monday. Kilns man you've got to get on here :pac:
    Any chance you can post up what teams have been taken?

1. Bobarena - Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think I'm second pick so..

1. Bobarena - Saints
    2. Unitedirishman - Steelers

List so far is as follows:

1. Bobarena - New Orleans Saints
    2. UnitedIrishman - Pittsburgh Steelers
    3. kilns -
    4. mikemac - Baltimore Ravens
    5. helimachoptor - Tennessee Titans
    6. Danger_dave1 -
    7. Adrian522 -
    8. Raoul -
    9. McG -
    10. SantryRed -

I've received picks from Adrian and if I don't get a reply from kilns by tonight I'm going to assign him the Patriots as I think he follows them.

I am absolutely on the edge of my seat wondering who Dave will pick LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

That obvious ? :pac: I'll have the New York Jets !

J-E-T-S Jets ! Jets! Jets!

Who do you want so Raoul?

• Advertisement

I will have a go with the chargers, eagles or packers. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

List so far is as follows:

3. kilns -
    6. Danger_dave1 -
    7. Adrian522 -
    8. Raoul -
    9. McG -
    10. SantryRed -

I've received picks from Adrian and if I don't get a reply from kilns by tonight I'm going to assign him the Patriots as I think he follows them.

Nah, not a pats fan, just looking for team with a good qb and some decent receivers ...

adrian522 wrote: »
    Nah, not a pats fan, just looking for team with a good qb and some decent receivers ...

Was talking about kilns ;)

I will have a go with the chargers, eagles or packers. :)

Chargers I assume is your first pick? :pac:

3. kilns -
    6. Danger_dave1 - New York Jets
    7. Adrian522 - Green Bay Packers
    8. Raoul - San Diego Chargers
    9. McG -
    10. SantryRed -

Nearly there now. Reckon McG will pick the Colts but will make sure first. Can't believe the Packers fell to Adrian :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would be surprised if McG doesn't go for the colts tbh, what's the start date?

• Advertisement

People can start playing their games asap I suppose. Well obviously only people that have teams. I think Kilns is a patriots fan, so it would be fair enough to give him them if he doesn't show up by tomorrow night. What if he wants someone else though? Will it alter the whole draft?

I think we should be ready to go by Monday evening.

So the remaining have all tomorrow and if they are away they have will have access to boards all Monday in college/work

Monday evening at the latest.

People can start playing their games asap I suppose. Well obviously only people that have teams. I think Kilns is a patriots fan, so it would be fair enough to give him them if he doesn't show up by tomorrow night. What if he wants someone else though? Will it alter the whole draft?

I agree, his logo is a Pats logo as memory serves. He hasn't been on Xbox in 2 weeks though.

At this stage no. He will have to pick someone who hasn't been picked if he doesn't want the Pats.

What way do people want the fixtures to be? Just play as you like or a game each week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do we just play everyone once?

I guess we just arrange games when we can and post up scores.

Do we wait until everyone has played once before starting into the second round?

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to get started ...

• Advertisement

It would probably be best if we could get the games played asap. We might even get two seasons out of the way if we played them all really fast!

I can get on at 7.30 tonight if anyone wants a game?

Are you playing 10 min a quarter and All-madden? or all-pro?

Ok then.

Rules are:

10 min quarters. All Madden difficulties. You play everyone in your group once. The groups are Bobarena, UnitedIrishman, Danger_dave1, McG, Adrian522. The other group is kilns, Raoul, SantryRed, kaiche and mikemac.

Everyone should have their 4 games done by Sunday the 7th of August. Then the play offs will be over the following 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

as guessed, I'll take the Colts.

I should be on tomorrow and Wednesday evening if any of my group is around.

as guessed, I'll take the Colts.

I should be on tomorrow and Wednesday evening if any of my group is around.

Slightly off topic!! But you haven't confirmed for the fantasy football and are on the verge of being kicked out. I vouched for you and you are now confirmed but you need to post on the thread!

3. kilns - New England Patriots
    6. Danger_dave1 - New York Jets
    7. Adrian522 - Green Bay Packers
    8. Raoul - San Diego Chargers
    9. McG - Indianapolis Colts
    10. SantryRed - Atlanta Falcons

Is Berty44 not joining in?
    Not on the list

Green Bay 28 - 21 New Orleans

Good game, couple of turnovers cost the Saints, while I was able to eat up time with the run game while ahead most of the way through.

mikemac wrote: »
    Is Berty44 not joining in?
    Not on the list
    Nope Mike but thanks for remembering ! I am away on holidays for next few weeks and if I dropped out it would leave an even 10 people and you could start srtaight away.

UnitedIrishman, Danger_dave1, McG:

Anyone around tonight for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement