Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens beat Raoul's Chargers 26-20

Ravens threw two picks sixs while Chargers threw three picks

Chargers had a great running game with Ryan Matthews running outside the tackles and ripping up the Ravens.
    Ravens tended to go for the long passing game. Rice ran for about seventy yards and Joe Flacco had two long runs for a total of forty three yards to compliment the passing game.
    Some good defense on both sides and both had multiple major sacks to force three and outs or defend the red zone

Good game Raoul, very tight and two field goals the difference.

We have to play Kaiche and kilns still, are you two around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Flying along now. 8 games played so far lads. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

mikemac wrote: »
    Ravens beat Raoul's Chargers 26-20

Ravens threw two picks sixs while Chargers threw three picks

Chargers had a great running game with Ryan Matthews running outside the tackles and ripping up the Ravens.
    Ravens tended to go for the long passing game. Rice ran for about seventy yards and Joe Flacco had two long runs for a total of forty three yards to compliment the passing game.
    Some good defense on both sides and both had multiple major sacks to force three and outs or defend the red zone

Good game Raoul, very tight and two field goals the difference.

We have to play Kaiche and kilns still, are you two around?
    Yeah it was a good game. Just couldn't get into your endzone. My first drive I had to settle for a field goal on your one yard line :mad:.

Your offence sort of woke up and started destroying my defence with long passes. Really good game though. You did well to take the two 45/46 yard field goals! Well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You should have went for it at 4th and goal from the 1. worst case scenario, opposition gets it at their own 1 yard line and you probably get a FG out of it if your Defence is anyway good.

Though I know a lot of people don't like it when you go for it on 4th unless you are really 20 points down in the min.

adrian522 wrote: »
    You should have went for it at 4th and goal from the 1. worst case scenario, opposition gets it at their own 1 yard line and you probably get a FG out of it if your Defence is anyway good.

Though I know a lot of people don't like it when you go for it on 4th unless you are really 20 points down in the min.

Rules are rules so thought it better that I stick by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Dave or McG, around tonight/this evening for a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    Rules are rules so thought it better that I stick by them

I thought you would be allowed to go for it in this situation though.

"4th Downs: No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are;

1) Go for it anytime inside the 10 (Broncos kept trying it last weekend so it's not like it's unrealistic)
    2) Go for it anytime in the Q4 when behind OR inside opposition 40
    3) Go for it anytime when 4th and 1 inside opposition 40
    4) Go for it only 1 more time in a given game outside of the rules above"

Yep, you could have gone for it Raoul

In the second half you took a time out and then I took a time out too so I go find the post with the rules. Checked them and so I punted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm around for the evening for my games

Should be on about 10 mate :)

• Advertisement

Not to tread on Santry's toes but if you're up for playing two games this evening I'm free after six. So would be done before ten

Whatever suits

How many games are left?

Can everyone post up their record so far,

I finished 3-1.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mike and santry should be on from about 7 so if you see me invite me!

Titans against the ravens has been disconnected twice now, once at kick off and once when (I think it's santry!) the ravens intercepted and were 24-10 up. I'm happy to give the ravens the win

Santry is the Falcons and a lot stronger then me

Yep, we're having technical issues

Good game, Chris Johnson ripping me up on the outside and Titans completely shut down my running game. But Ravens had a good passing game which seemed to be working

With the score and Ravens just after taking possession with the INT in the third quarter, I'll take the win :)
    A shame we didn't get it finished

When I stay on the ground I'm generally fine but in the air I just get picked off mainly due to bad aim :) good game though up til that point

Will be on in 40 mins helimachoptor ;)

You about mate? :)

Nope my bb is toast it seems I havent been able to get back online since my disconnect earlier

• Advertisement

unfortunate :( I'll stay on til 11. Hopefully you can get it sorted! :)

I'm still out of action I'll have to put in a call

Unfortunate to hear mate. Lemme know if you hear anything. I assume you tried reseting the router. THat's my plan for all problems :pac:

santry im up and running, are u around?

Could go right now I suppose. You wanna do it now?

Give me 10 just finishing a game in my offline franchise

• Advertisement

Santry how much do you charge for lessons!? A schooling for the titans...

Santry how much do you charge for lessons!? A schooling for the titans...

The start of the game killed you mate. The 2 picks in the 1st quarter made you chase the game from there and it meant I could drop back and let you run the ball as it wasn't affecting me.

Final score: Falcons 41-3 Titans

Just a bump for this lads.

Raoul, I'm pretty busy this week. You about the weekend to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'll probably be on towards end of the week. Exam on Wednesday and working around it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Saints (bobarena) 31 @ The Jets 49 ( Danger_dave )

1 2 3 4 F
    Saints 7 14 3 7 31
    Jets 14 21 7 7 49

The saints fought valiantly in this game but a lack of a running game caused the defeat. The saints managed 26 rushing yards to the jets 175 yards. Both teams had luck passing the yards.

D Brees had 21 completions off 38 attempts for 355 yards and 2 touchdowns and 1 interceptions

M Sanchez had 14 completions off 18 attempts for 297 yards for 2 touchdowns

Pierre thomas ran 15 times for 31 yards at an average of 2 with 1 touchdown

Ladainian Tomlinson ran 20 times for 172 yards at an average of 8.6 for 2 touch downs

Top Receivers

Saints= Pierre Thomas 10 receptions for 157 yards and 1 touchdown

Jets = Dustin Keller 3 receptions for 96 yards .

Defense

Saints Alex brown at LE had 1 one sack and two forced fumbles one of which was ran in for a touchdown return.

Jets : Dwight Lowery got the games only interception to end the game

Special Teams

Jerricho Cotchery ran in a 75 yard punt return for a touchdown in the first half .

Good game Bob ! Superb drive from your own 5 yard line to bring it for a touchdown off 13 plays, you really pushed to get back into the game !

So im 2-0 now !

Who's next ? :cool:

• Advertisement

The demo version of madden NFL 12,is available for download now for anyone that wants to take a look.

I'm around in Friday evening Raoul, apart from that will have to be Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sunday evening, Franchise Mode, Super Bowl.

New Orleans Saints (Me) Vs Pittsburgh Steelers

After a very close game, I scored a touchdown in the final minute to win 27-24 with a halfback wheel route with Reggie Bush for the win. Then, after the celebration cutscenes, when the menu is meant to come up to exit the game, the game froze. Left it for a while, but eventually, the constant cheering of the crowd got to me so I turned it off.

Tonight, I decided to try again. This time, I had an unbelievable game. Steelers got a field goal in the first minute. I then scored 45 points. They got a touchdown, and the game finally ended 66-10 to me. My defense was unstoppable, with Vilma getting 4 sacks (and Ellis and Wheeler got a sack each too), and 8 tackles by Vilma alone. I caused 2 fumbles, and got one interception, but overall, made some amazing deep passes and a great defense. Unbelievable game.

****ing bastard froze again. This time, with one of the players holding up a paper saying 'Champs', just to really rub it in my ****ing face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

It always freezes there, you're not alone.

Anyone able to get on right now? I have no mic though

Can anyone get on tonight to play me?

kilns is the only one left in our group and I've not seen him around

Who is in the group, I cant find the post?

Plus I think I only played one game

mikemac, Raoul, Santryred, kilns, helimacopter

If kilns isn't around then I don't know what happens next.

I've won two, lost one

mikemac wrote: »
    mikemac, Raoul, Santryred, kilns, helimacopter

If kilns isn't around then I don't know what happens next.

I've won two, lost one

Well we just have to take his results out of the equation. Santy or Heli, you about?

• Advertisement

I was earlier but not around at the moment and wont be now til Wednesday i'd say

kilns never came back so he doesn't matter. Top two from our group will go through. Not available tonight Raoul but am available to play tomorrow night at 9. Will post up the current group standings in a few.

What you guys think of the Madden demo?

SantryRed wrote: »
    kilns never came back so he doesn't matter. Top two from our group will go through. Not available tonight Raoul but am available to play tomorrow night at 9. Will post up the current group standings in a few.

still available for 9? Its suits me!!

still available for 9? Its suits me!!

Sorry man but I didn't see this in time. Apologies. Can you do Saturday at about half 6?

Sorry man but I didn't see this in time. Apologies. Can you do Saturday at about half 6?

Probably not. You about late tonight or tomorrow?

Probably not. You about late tonight or tomorrow?

I could be tonight but won't be 100% til later. What time you thinking mate?

Im the same, cant be 100%. So wouldn't like to say for definite. Probably around 11?

Im the same, cant be 100%. So wouldn't like to say for definite. Probably around 11?

Can't do that late man. Dying with food poisoning ATM. Would you be about sunday evening?

• Advertisement

Can't commit really. Will have to see Sunday. Might be able to do a reasonable time tomorrow. If I am on earlier tonight, I will let you know here.

Where did you get food poisoning?

Advertisement