Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    mmm...

30 days hath September etc....

I'd like to join this, but will be away for 3 weeks from 19th November

So unless it can be run off before then I'm probably out...

Im an awful eejit! Sorry. Fixed it, 30th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

ye i dont mind simming a few games while im away, but id like to be here for the draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's happened to me loads. It looks like they deliberately made it harder becuase it was too frequent in the last games. It is kind of crap when the ball is hung up in the air and theres nobody else in sight then your jackass player spills the ball. very annoying

I see. I thought I was doing something wrong. It'll take getting used to but enjoyed all round game I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    PMME you gamertag and I will add you as soon as possible. Should be able to get the draft done before you are away and then you could get a few games in, probably not a whole season, still interested? And then you could come back after the three weeks and take the same team. Probably only miss 3 games

OK, I'm in GT = adro76

Just need to pick up the game now !!

1 - Raoul - Lions - Avaliable anytime for draft
    2 - Kilns - Jets - Avaliable anytime for draft
    3 - tallaghtoutlaws - Invite Sent - October
    4 - Wompa1 - Buccaneers - Anytime except Tuesdays
    5 - Junior d -
    6 - Steve o - Invite Sent
    7 - Evil Seed - Ravens
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    9 - Danger_dave1 - Vikings - Tuesday not good for me. Thursdays after 9 are fine
    10 - McG - Gamertag: Sundalic - Last weekend in Sept.
    11 - Limpar - ElboW316
    12 - Adrian522 - adro76
    13 - SantryRed - Ben SFC

Just updating the list of users. I think anything over 12 is a good enough number for draft.

Atm the draft time is set for 9 pm 30th of September!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

5 - Junior d -
    7 - Evil Seed - Ravens
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    9 - Danger_dave1 - Vikings - Tuesday not good for me. Thursdays after 9 are fine
    11 - Limpar - ElboW316
    12 - Adrian522 - adro76
    13 - SantryRed - Ben SFC

Just updating the list of users. I think anything over 12 is a good enough number for draft.

1st week of october would be best for me as I wont be here on sep 30th.

also where has this game, I went to Game and HMV today but neither had it for the 360.

There are a couple of other people that are away from the 1st of october. So far 30th of september suits the majority, sorry.

But if you register on the xbox then you can do the draft online.

I got mine in gamestop. Xtravision have them aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Im out dudes. Wont be near my 360 until October and have no way of even accepting the invite on the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Im out dudes. Wont be near my 360 until October and have no way of even accepting the invite on the machine.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I'm the Dolphins

• Advertisement

Junior D wrote: »
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    I'm the Dolphins

Whats wrong with that?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

just be nicer to have more user teams

Guy's I'm afraid I'm out as well, I haven't managed to pick up the game despite going 4 different places. Xtra vision had one for rent but none for sale, while game had them for the PS3 but not the 360.

I'll be out of the country until after the draft etc, so I'll have to bow out...

Good luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Amazon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I've Joined the league now and i'm available sun-thurs for the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hyndsy85

I'd be interested in joining.

Just got my first Madden game the other day. Havent played anybody online yet

• Advertisement

Hyndsy85 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in joining.

Just got my first Madden game the other day. Havent played anybody online yet

great, the more the better. So what time on Thursday shall we be starting the draft ?

Have we set a date for the draft?

kilns wrote: »
    Have we set a date for the draft?

I was stupid ! i reread last few pages, its 9pm on thursday night !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I have a friend that's not on boards who would like to join the league. Is that against the rules?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I have a friend that's not on boards who would like to join the league. Is that against the rules?

not at all, but sure get them to join the league and join boards :) .

pm raoul his xbox live tag

• Advertisement

Im actually not about for the draft. Extremely disappointed. Will have to make somebody else commissioner though. Who wants it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Im in...
    Raul: Just PM'd you my gamertag...

Im actually not about for the draft. Extremely disappointed. Will have to make somebody else commissioner though. Who wants it?

that sucks , ill do it if ya want ? so will your teams picks be auto ?

if theres a few people ,not doing this draft because of the date and time, i dont mind doing it in oct, ill miss the draft but, eh i just wanna play a league with human players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Awesome, I drafted a running back in the 4th round, signed him to a contract and he's rated 87 :eek:

His speed is incredible, and so is his trucking, so I traded Rashard Mendenhall to the Raiders for a 2nd round pick and Rolando McClain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Hey I am very much up for playing in this franchise please.

Have not been on the board in a few weeks since game came out so am delighted to see how many Irishmen are up for playing. Any previous time this has been tried through here with Madden has fallen away so hopefully this year gets going.

Can you send me an invite....my xbox gamertag is same as username Berty44. Am a Jet fan but would be happy to play with any team as I see the Jets are already taken.

Should be around for draft but just one question, what are you drafting for?. If everyone is picking a team which it seems you have everyone doing then I don't understand what anybody is drafting. Am I being a bit dim here ?

Also do you have any rules to avoid what makes playing random players so disheartening. Thinking of things like when you can go for it on 4th down, running out with QB and throwing deep when coverage breaks down, not being allowed coming out in FG formation and running it, fake punts....on and on.....the usual stuff that ruins online play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't think I ever got an invite for this?

With the draft everyone starts from scratch, so it doesnt matter if you pick the Lions or the Saints, you can build a new team with the draft and have say Peyton as your QB and Andre Johnson as your WR etc

The draft will be in order of who has joined first I would presume

Ok that make a lot of sense so. Never done anything like that before, sounds like a lot of fun. So basically the "team" you pick is only for the kit you use. Definitely would like an invite if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

5 - Junior d -
    7 - Evil Seed - Ravens
    8 - NTMK - Invite Sent
    11 - Limpar - ElboW316
    12 - Adrian522 - adro76
    13 - SantryRed - Ben SFC

should I have received an invite yet? or are they going out later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

should be around for the draft. Can I change to the Raiders please. I picked the Ravens before knowing there was a draft

• Advertisement

Dont think anyone will have a problem with that.

The draft will be in order of who has joined first I would presume

Draft will be random id presume, so when it started by the commissione we'll see what the order is.

Think for fantasy draft as this is the first pick is random. After that it goes in snake like fashion. By that I mean whoever gets #1 pick in round 1 picks last (32) in round 2, 31 in R3 and so on.

Commissioner I think should have 4 time options available, 60/45/30/15 seconds. Can be changed during a round for the next round. CPU picks are instantaneous. Definitely should have it at 60 seconds for early rounds. I am basing all this on the end of season franchise draft which I have done and I'm sure works the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Just wondering what console the franchise is for...xbox r ps3?very interested in getting involved but i own a ps3.

Sorry its for xbox, go out and buy one!

So everyone good for 9pm tonight?

On for tonight but still need an invite please !!

Any plays to get a party chat going?

Not sure who the commiss is but I am sure he will be on here to have a look soon and will send you an invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm around for it too now. But haven't received an invite yet?

I think danger dave 1 is the current commis, if you drop him a PM he should be able to provide you with the details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I got an invite but its looking for a password, can anybody help? Dont want to miss the draft tonight!!

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    I got an invite but its looking for a password, can anybody help? Dont want to miss the draft tonight!!

pm sent

Sorry its for xbox, go out and buy one!

So everyone good for 9pm tonight?

Should be as long as invite is waiting for me

McG wrote: »
    Should be as long as invite is waiting for me

Ok PM sent to Berty44 and McG. Anybody else need it? Best be quick. Good luck to everyone

goodluck everyone, tis going to be fun !

I played my first online game of Madden 11 yesterday, got stuffed :|

forced a punt on first play but it was muffed and run in for a TD, only got worse from there :(

• Advertisement

franchise name : boardsie

password same as before

raoul is not about at mo to give commis to someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Keep this thread updated with draft picks if its not too much hassle, i'd be interested anyway.

shoutman wrote: »
    Keep this thread updated with draft picks if its not too much hassle, i'd be interested anyway.

your so lazy lukey

1 TE Tony Gonazlez
    2 QB Tom brady
    3 WR Reggie wayne
    4 qb Drew brees
    5. wr Randy moss

I got a decent team. Tom Brady, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Shockey, Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow, Cedric Benson, Earnest Graham, Ronde Barber being my notables. Good draft. It took ages. At the moment I only have one human v human game on my schedule so hopefully more people join, hint hint nudge nudge

• Advertisement
Advertisement