Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Raoul wrote: »
    I have a FS rated 74, darcell mcbath
    DT - 73 - Roy Miller
    SS - 75 - Tryell Johnson
    Interested in any of these?

Im the detroit lions btw!

I proposed a trade to the Jets. If I'm turned down I'd be interested in the Safety..I believe my leading safety is out for the season :-D I got 3 injured players over 2 games...

I won last night by the way by 17 points against the Panthers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I proposed a trade to the Jets. If I'm turned down I'd be interested in the Safety..I believe my leading safety is out for the season :-D I got 3 injured players over 2 games...

Fair enough!

I won myself last night, only by 7 points. Good to get off the mark after I threw away my first game. Literally threw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Has anyone played each other yet or have they all played computer opponents?

Tomorrow night The Pats (Me) play the Jet (Berty)! Is going to kick my a.ss I expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fcuking hell, I hate having Matt Cassell as QB!

Thank god for my defense. Had 3 interceptions and I still only won the game 13-10 at home to the Bills. I'd be delighted just to make the play offs tbh! Anyone want Matt Cassel? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets reject trade, sorry !

Looking forward to my first human game tomorrow night against Kilns !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

So im back on monday, Anyone wanna tell me how i did in my first game, Im the vikings ? , how many weeks have been played ?

Bad news Saints 24 - 21 Vikings

You will be back in time to play Dolphins by deadline set by Commissioner Raoul.

You can see everything via the web:

http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/franchises

Sorry about last night Berty, its seems to have only happened to me playing in this Franchise, the last game I kept losing connection too!

I had played a head to head game just before ours with no problems

Hopefully tonight will go better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Played the bungles last night. Was up 17-3. They came back to level it 17-17 in the 4th qtr. Won in OT with a FG... phew.

I've proposed a trade. I can't remember with who, but it's for Marshawn Lynch.

• Advertisement

They are a tough team in it!

@Kilns. It was a bummer and I was finding terrible lag as well. Amazed at you kicking the FG with that lag. Played another game immediately after your 2nd chucking out and had no problems.

Hopefully it will be better tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone want to trade with me for Matt Cassel?

Anyone want him. After my attempts of deep balls with him against the Bills I seriously have a hatred for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone want to trade with me for Matt Cassel?

Anyone want him. After my attempts of deep balls with him against the Bills I seriously have a hatred for him :pac:

ive got leinart as back up he can throw the ball deep. What defensively are ya willing to give up along with matt cassel ?

So after 6 attempts Kilns and myself have agreed to send out game to the Commissioner for simming.

We tried 3 times on Thursday night, we had bad lag and he kept getting chucked out leaving me in the game. Then we tried 3 times again on Friday night and the EA Servers chucked both of us out. Half quit in Q1, half in Q2. Overall there was nothing much between us, he was winning some, I was winning some.

I know of one other guy who has had a similar problem in Franchise mode where he has not been able to complete a game for 7 games in a row. EA Servers are just plain bad this season.

I am playing in another franchise and we are in week 17 and it happened me twice in all those weeks but there is no dobt EA Servers are a big problem this season, many giving out about them.

Fair enough. Will just sim it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Colts - Giants should be going ahead this evening (EA servers permitting)! Looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

McG wrote: »
    Colts - Giants should be going ahead this evening (EA servers permitting)! Looking forward to it

My bad, couldn't make this game last night despite McG making himself available.... how long is the gameweek open?

edit: ok just read back and saw we have until the 19th.....

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    My bad, couldn't make this game last night despite McG making himself available.... how long is the gameweek open?

edit: ok just read back and saw we have until the 19th.....

Not trying to be harsh on you or anything! But if someone makes themselves available for a game constantly and the other person doesnt show. Then should the person who was there get an automatic win if he cant make it for the rest of the week or something?

In this case I hope you can get it played at some other time.

FYI you can't give someone an "automatic win" as all games have to be played or simmed and there is no control over the result of any simmed games.

Unfortunately real life sometimes takes over and guys will miss games. Only if someone was a persistent offender maybe you might have to take action.

Berty44 wrote: »
    FYI you can't give someone an "automatic win" as all games have to be played or simmed and there is no control over the result of any simmed games.

Unfortunately real life sometimes takes over and guys will miss games. Only if someone was a persistent offender maybe you might have to take action.

Sorry, yeah I know that but surely if someone is about to play the game and the other person isnt all week, then the person who isnt about should be kicked out of the league for the week??

That way it allows the person who is there to play their game.

• Advertisement

Sorry, yeah I know that but surely if someone is about to play the game and the other person isnt all week, then the person who isnt about should be kicked out of the league for the week??

That way it allows the person who is there to play their game.

Absolutely agree. If you are unable to play your game you should not deny your opponent to have a game that week. So you should ( I think ) drop out for that gameweek. Also if an opponent fails to respond to messages to organize a game then you should be able to message the Commissioner, inform him of this and then the Conmissioner should boot the offendervfrom the franchise if he sees fit.

just tried (and failed to play our game). 5 attempts, best we did was make it into the 2nd quarter.

I guess we'll just have to sim this but if EA doesn't sort this out this franchise is kinda' pointless as the only games we'll play will be against the computer

That sucks! Ya know funny thing is I have played many people in the states online with no issue but when I went to play a friend, both of us having 15 Mb lines the game fell over at half time. He lives about 10 minutes down the road from me.

Wonder are the European servers just crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

McG wrote: »
    just tried (and failed to play our game). 5 attempts, best we did was make it into the 2nd quarter.

I guess we'll just have to sim this but if EA doesn't sort this out this franchise is kinda' pointless as the only games we'll play will be against the computer

+1 on the above; as he says myself an McG had a fruitless evening with 5 disconnects, hopefully this gets sorted as it will ruin the franchise.....

What's the plan guys? Do we move on to the next week or try unsuccesfully to play the human v human games?

I contacted EA support....they suggested doing the following which you guys who had the issue may want to try:
    1. click the following link to download the UOTrace program: ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/origin/patches/uo/uotrace.exe
    2. Run UOTrace. (If a pop-up box appears telling you 'UO Server List not found,' click No.)
    3. Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced.
    4. In the rectangular window where the server is listed, type in easo.ea.com.
    5. Click the Trace Route button, which is the fourth button from the left.
    6. After the trace route has completed, click the Poll button, which is two buttons to the right of the Trace Route button.
    7. Let it send around 100 or so packets then click Stop Poll.
    8. Click Edit and select Copy.
    9. Click the Start button (Windows button for Microsoft Windows Vista) on the Windows Taskbar.
    10. Select All Programs.
    11. Select Accessories.
    12. Click Notepad.
    13. From the menu toolbar, click Edit and click Paste.
    14. From the menu toolbar, click File and click Save.
    15. Repeat steps 2 through 14 so that you have two separate files for us to compare and review.

TO send us the result,

1) Go to http://support.ea.com

2) After logging in, please click on the MY QUESTIONS link in the MY STUFF section

3) Click on the subject for the ticket to open the ticket we are working on

4) Click on the Update Question button underneath your ticket information.

5) Type a quick note in the Results and/or Additional Information section

6) Under the section listed in step 6, there is an Attach additional documents to question section, and a Browse button, please click it.

7) A file upload window opens. Please locate and select the saved file you are providing.

8) Click on the Submit Update to Question button.

I will also do this myself as I have had games die before too..hopefully getting this from a PC is a good enough test.

Will I advance the week tonight? Or try and get them games in again?

Will I advance the week tonight? Or try and get them games in again?

Maybe it would be worth while if the lads are willing to submit there issue, we could wait a day and see if EA have something proactive to respond with. Put it depends on whether or not people are willing to submit their issues...

Would creating a new fresh franchise help or is it just a problem we may always have to contend with?

As I play in another franchise and have no issues

kilns wrote: »
    Would creating a new fresh franchise help or is it just a problem we may always have to contend with?

As I play in another franchise and have no issues

Were you one of the people that couldn't play one in this franchise?

I think leave it for a day or two. Because really the success of the franchise depends on whether we can play any games or not.

• Advertisement

yes myself and berty had awful trouble with our game

kilns wrote: »
    yes myself and berty had awful trouble with our game

Well try what they sent berty and hopefully they will be able to sort it out and the rest of us can follow suit. I will give you a couple of days if there is any progress

Ok well I just read sone very good news. There is a Madden patch on the way which I just read about. It specifically is a fix for what it calls the high number of disconnections happening in Franchise mode and Ultimate team. So looks like the problems we have been getting were a common occurrence.

I am happy to have my game simmed and to move the week forward so that guys can play their next game. Could nit be bothered with doing all that blarney above especially since they recognize the problem by releasing a patch to fix it.

Did it say when the patch would be out?

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=titleupdate4

That's from the EA site.

End of this month or more likely the beginning of November.

Berty44 wrote: »
    http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=titleupdate4

That's from the EA site.

End of this month or more likely the beginning of November.

That's good. I submitted mine anyway because I have had issues playing against my friend in non franchise games.

What's the plan guys? Do we move on to the next week or try unsuccesfully to play the human v human games?

I contacted EA support....they suggested doing the following which you guys who had the issue may want to try:

I will also do this myself as I have had games die before too..hopefully getting this from a PC is a good enough test.

hopefully the game update will sort our problems but here's two polls from my network if you want to add them to your case:

Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
    * Unknown Host * 192.168.1.1 1 3ms 3ms 43% 30 / 53 3ms / 5ms
    089-100-194001.ntlworld.ie 89.100.194.1 2 18ms 14ms 45% 29 / 53 11ms / 42ms
    * Unknown Host * 188.141.126.1 3 30ms 31ms 45% 29 / 53 13ms / 315ms
    089-101-175062.ntlworld.ie 89.101.175.62 4 15ms 18ms 43% 30 / 53 11ms / 46ms
    84-116-130-197.aorta.net 84.116.130.197 5 62ms 21ms 41% 31 / 53 11ms / 62ms
    84-116-130-237.aorta.net 84.116.130.237 6 35ms 29ms 45% 29 / 53 25ms / 44ms
    us-was03a-rd1-xe-1-3-0.aorta.net 84.116.130.70 7 110ms 113ms 43% 30 / 53 109ms / 155ms
    us-was02a-rd1-gi-9-0-0.aorta.net 84.116.130.153 8 120ms 118ms 45% 29 / 53 114ms / 129ms
    us-was02a-ri1-ge-0-0-0.aorta.net 213.46.190.190 9 117ms 122ms 42% 30 / 52 117ms / 148ms
    Eth1-7.edge03.abn-iad.ea.com 206.223.115.55 10 119ms 120ms 46% 28 / 52 117ms / 134ms
    edge01.abn-iad.ea.com 159.153.224.218 11 118ms 119ms 46% 28 / 52 117ms / 133ms
    * Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 12 0ms
    * Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 13 0ms
    * Unknown Host * 0.0.0.0 14 0ms

Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
    * Unknown Host * 192.168.1.1 1 5ms 3ms 40% 16 / 27 3ms / 5ms
    089-100-194001.ntlworld.ie 89.100.194.1 2 18ms 16ms 40% 16 / 27 11ms / 29ms
    * Unknown Host * 188.141.126.1 3 14ms 31ms 40% 16 / 27 13ms / 93ms
    089-101-175062.ntlworld.ie 89.101.175.62 4 15ms 19ms 40% 16 / 27 11ms / 61ms
    84-116-130-197.aorta.net 84.116.130.197 5 43ms 17ms 40% 16 / 27 11ms / 43ms
    84-116-130-237.aorta.net 84.116.130.237 6 27ms 29ms 40% 16 / 27 26ms / 47ms
    us-was03a-rd1-xe-1-3-0.aorta.net 84.116.130.70 7 110ms 113ms 40% 16 / 27 110ms / 125ms
    us-was02a-rd1-gi-9-0-0.aorta.net 84.116.130.153 8 115ms 117ms 40% 16 / 27 114ms / 134ms
    us-was02a-ri1-ge-0-0-0.aorta.net 213.46.190.190 9 118ms 120ms 44% 15 / 27 117ms / 134ms
    Eth1-7.edge03.abn-iad.ea.com 206.223.115.55 10 120ms 120ms 48% 14 / 27 116ms / 134ms
    edge01.abn-iad.ea.com 159.153.224.218 11 117ms 117ms 55% 12 / 27 117ms / 120ms
    fert07-eqx-iad.ea.com 159.153.224.226 12 117ms 117ms 50% 13 / 26 116ms / 119ms
    meav5-pub.pt.iad.ea.com 159.153.226.105 13 118ms 119ms 46% 14 / 26 118ms / 132ms

Right, I think we may aswell wait until the problem is solved. Because there will be more games next which are all human games and people will more than likely experience the same problems.

If the general consensus is to continue then I will. What you guys think?

Right, I think we may aswell wait until the problem is solved. Because there will be more games next which are all human games and people will more than likely experience the same problems.

If the general consensus is to continue then I will. What you guys think?

I think we should wait. The whole point is the human v human games anyway. Question to you Raoul now though is as I'm due to go away from the middle of next week and with the game in the state it's in. Should I leave the league and come back when I'm back or stay in it?

I'll be back on November 10th...

• Advertisement

I think we should wait. The whole point is the human v human games anyway. Question to you Raoul now though is as I'm due to go away from the middle of next week and with the game in the state it's in. Should I leave the league and come back when I'm back or stay in it?

Question to me?? ha. Eh... I think you may aswell leave like cos you can always come back in whenever you want. What team are you though? Just incase someone takes it.

I am the mighty Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If any of you S.O.B's take my team I'll mop the floor with ya!! :-P Kidding...kinda...

Can the commish kick people from the league if they're not about? If so, then maybe just leave yourself in and you can be removed (temporarily) if needed.

That's good. I submitted mine anyway because I have had issues playing against my friend in non franchise games.

Any word back yet?

Any word back yet?

Just got word back
    Hello,

Thank you for providing UO Trace to Electronic Arts.

I would like to inform you that currently your connection to our servers is below par as you are experiencing excessive data loss. You will have to contact your Internet Service Provider to resolve this issue. You may wish to show them the results from your trace route as it is proof that connection is having issues. I'm sorry we could not be of any more help.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let me know.

Thank you,

Ralph
    EA Online Support

I have a 15Mb UPC connection and have the cable going into the box. I doubt very much the above would cause a disconnection. I also don't have any lag or any issue with other games. I will escalate it to UPC anyway and see what they say....Anybody else with UPC..They didn't say which Trace it was either...

Id say everyone is getting the same reply. Load of crap. :(

• Advertisement

Just got word back

I have a 15Mb UPC connection and have the cable going into the box. I doubt very much the above would cause a disconnection. I also don't have any lag or any issue with other games. I will escalate it to UPC anyway and see what they say....Anybody else with UPC..They didn't say which Trace it was either...

I'm the same, I play plenty of online xbox360 and PC games with no issues, only Madden has problems. It's a bit of an insult for them to say it's our problem, not theirs.

Yeah it's typical of support really! I don't believe them but I asked to be sure for them to point out which connection was bad (..me thinks they use a template because I submitted 2 sets of Trace logs)

I told them that I play other games fine even EA games. I also never mentioned the patch until now..I wanted to see if they came out with it themselves. So I mentioned the patch..we'll see if they change their tune..frustrating.

Like its clearly the madden servers. They just wont admit it. Sure they have tens of thousands of people complaining about how bad they are

Like its clearly the madden servers. They just wont admit it. Sure they have tens of thousands of people complaining about how bad they are

I will leave the league later tonight. If I somehow forget feel free to kick me and I'll rejoin when I return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Just got word back

UPC connection is useless for playing online. If you run a ping test on it you will see the packet movement is slow as **** and loses so much back and forth. Now 15mb will still be fast as **** downloading stuff and moving around but when you ask it to hold a connection it struggles. I have the 30mb line with UPC and have argued this with them many times.

To show you what I mean go to

www.speedtest.net

And you will see your internet is fast but go here

www.pingtest.net

And you will see during the test a high % of packets lost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement