Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's typical of support really! I don't believe them but I asked to be sure for them to point out which connection was bad (..me thinks they use a template because I submitted 2 sets of Trace logs)

I told them that I play other games fine even EA games. I also never mentioned the patch until now..I wanted to see if they came out with it themselves. So I mentioned the patch..we'll see if they change their tune..frustrating.

One thing a friend of mine said who deals with online gaming when you take Fifa and Madden and the sheer volume one needs to have the best connections speeds possible as it will be the only way through all that traffic you will play online comfortably.

EA know their servers cant handle the load but at the same time those with near perfect connections play disconnection free and those who lines fail on the test above fail because their internet connection cannot maintain real time connection through the traffic.

2 things needs to happen. EA make their servers better and internet service providers deal with contention better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

UPC connection is useless for playing online. If you run a ping test on it you will see the packet movement is slow as **** and loses so much back and forth. Now 15mb will still be fast as **** downloading stuff and moving around but when you ask it to hold a connection it struggles. I have the 30mb line with UPC and have argued this with them many times.

To show you what I mean go to

www.speedtest.net

And you will see your internet is fast but go here

www.pingtest.net

And you will see during the test a high % of packets lost.

I ran an ISP speed check a few times and noticed that but I wouldn't think it is bad enough to be such a big issue. I have never had problems playing the likes of Call of Duty, Madden Arcade, Fifa 10, Forza etc. Its been so seamless games have been just as playing offline.

An online game should still play pretty well even with only a decent connection by right as not much gets sent over the network just button commands. I am back with UPC after being with Smart for a while..I think UPC has improved vastly compared to how it use to be. It use to constantly disconnect and was a nightmare.

One thing a friend of mine said who deals with online gaming when you take Fifa and Madden and the sheer volume one needs to have the best connections speeds possible as it will be the only way through all that traffic you will play online comfortably.

EA know their servers cant handle the load but at the same time those with near perfect connections play disconnection free and those who lines fail on the test above fail because their internet connection cannot maintain real time connection through the traffic.

2 things needs to happen. EA make their servers better and internet service providers deal with contention better.

If I could afford it right now I would definately go back to Smart for internet. Theirs did exactly what it said on the tin. Proper download speed for what I paid for, no line contention. Sweet set up.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I ran an ISP speed check a few times and noticed that but I wouldn't think it is bad enough to be such a big issue. I have never had problems playing the likes of Call of Duty, Madden Arcade, Fifa 10, Forza etc. Its been so seamless games have been just as playing offline.

An online game should still play pretty well even with only a decent connection by right as not much gets sent over the network just button commands. I am back with UPC after being with Smart for a while..I think UPC has improved vastly compared to how it use to be. It use to constantly disconnect and was a nightmare.

Did you run the pingtest? Most of my friends who have UPC run the speedtest and like me it shows their connection is great but when they run the pingtest it give them a D or F grade just like me. Sure online games "should" play alright but when your connection is losing so many packets of data during transfer it becomes ****.

I play many other online games myself also and have no problems but EA servers cant handle the traffic and doesnt help when my connection is also dumping a lot of data packets. The 2 dont go together.

When I used to be with Eircom it had the same problem and I blamed EA until and Eircom engineer came out one day and was messing with my connection and the junction box as the whole street complained and it fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

26800915.png

1005123674.png

Im not really sure about all this sort of stuff. But here is my ping test and my speed test. Tallaght you seem to know your stuff, should I be ok for online play?

To everyone in general, what do you think about the league?? Should we suspend play until this new patch comes out? There isnt much point having a league if nobody can play each other.

Raoul wrote: »
    26800915.png

1005123674.png

Im not really sure about all this sort of stuff. But here is my ping test and my speed test. Tallaght you seem to know your stuff, should I be ok for online play?

To everyone in general, what do you think about the league?? Should we suspend play until this new patch comes out? There isnt much point having a league if nobody can play each other.

You got an A on your pingtest so your connection theoretically should have no problems. But see this is where the double edged sword comes into play. The person you are playing against needs the same and EA servers need to be able to handle the full traffic on the day of the game.

For me I see it as our problem with our connections BUT and HUGE but EA need to make their system better to handle more traffic and higher contention.

I say we should wait for the patch. If we can't play Human vs Human the whole concept goes out the window. If there's a consensus on it I will leave myself in the league and you can kick me out if things get going again.

I agree, we should just wait for the patch and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

ye ill wait for the patch, whats the point in playing a season full of lag ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Completed Madden Moments last night :D

Last one took a while!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

any update on a patch, feel like our franchise has lost its momentum

If anyone is interested in joining another well run franchise, check this link out

http://xbln.net/forums/index.php?/forum/270-2nd-franchise-forum/

I am in it under the Seahawks having a tough tough season!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can anyone tell me how to sprint on Madden???

edit : on the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can anyone tell me how to sprint on Madden???

edit : on the xbox

sprint is actually automatic in the game, they say its so you don't have to worry about it. you can remove this though in the settings somewhere, prob under gameplay... the same menu where you can alter penalties and stuff. its one of the trigger buttons than to sprint, afaik its rt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

gufc21 wrote: »
    sprint is actually automatic in the game, they say its so you don't have to worry about it. you can remove this though in the settings somewhere, prob under gameplay... the same menu where you can alter penalties and stuff. its one of the trigger buttons than to sprint, afaik its rt.
    cheers yeah i seen it was automatic but thought you could do an extra sprint :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Started a new franchise with the Chiefs (offline) and Matt Cassel got injured for the season in my last preseason game. Nearly went ahead and brought in Jamarcus Russell, but I've decided to tough it out with Brodie Croyle for the season. I secretly love it when things like that happen :D

First play of the season? Dexter McCluster returns the kick off for a TD. Love it!

Should we set a start up date again? I know it said November for the patch but how long can we wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Patch was done weeks ago, at the start of November !

Then why aren't we playing? :confused:

Has anyone tried playing maybe the same match up which didnt work before, to see if it works now?

• Advertisement

Played my first match in a different league against an opponent and the game ran like a dream!

Good stuff.

There are still games to be played for this gameweek, so can people try them??

Will try and hook up with Kilns and have another go at playing our game

Will be online later if you are around

Any luck lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Lads is this a PS3 or XBox franchise you're running?

• Advertisement

Its for the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

online is working great now. We've ust played the Giant@Colts game in the online franchise with no problems... apart from porous defences on both sides

Woohoo. Advance the week! If someone could give me details of all the players I could send a message around.

Pats(lynch1407)-Jets(Berty44) still to play, all other human controlled teams have played

If they could play soon, it'd be great to move on to the next gameweek.

Berty are you around to play the game soon?

• Advertisement

Right, goin to have to set a deadline for the games. The game has to be finished by Sunday or else the league will be advanced. Is that fair enough?

Want to get this up and running asap because it seems as if the servers are working very well and I would hope everyone is still interested in playing.

Can I re-join? Do I need to be re-invited. I can try to get on tonight.

Yes definitely rejoin. Not sure if you have to be invited. Think you can just search for the league and then use the password. If that doesn't work, I can invite you, won't be until Thursday though.

Jets Patriots

Kilns I am around Thursday 9:00-10:30 ( have another game @ 10:30 ) Also around Sunday evening from 7:30 -midnight. Unfortunately I am out Weds night and away Friday / Saturday. Hope there is a time in there that suits you.

Sunday probably best as I have my Christmas party on Thursday night!

I just re-joined. Is it still on week 2? If so I already had played my first 2 games....

I assume that it's on week 2 because I have no option to play my next game.

kilns wrote: »
    Sunday probably best as I have my Christmas party on Thursday night!

Is around 9:00 ok ?I can do slightly earlier or later

How is everyone finding Madden with the new patch? Been playing it online a good bit now and my connection isnt great but the game rarely ever lags. Unbelievable the improvement in the online.

Raoul wrote: »
    How is everyone finding Madden with the new patch? Been playing it online a good bit now and my connection isnt great but the game rarely ever lags. Unbelievable the improvement in the online.

only played 1 game since patch and it ran great.

I see we're still waiting on Berty and Lynch... will you be playing soon? We need to get this league moving again, no excuses since the patch.

Sorry Berty my broadband was down all weekend!!!!

Can you play this week at some stage?

cheers

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    only played 1 game since patch and it ran great.

I see we're still waiting on Berty and Lynch... will you be playing soon? We need to get this league moving again, no excuses since the patch.

I set a deadline to get the games out of the way by yesterday, unfortunately they didnt, so think I will just have to sim the game to try and get the league on the way again.

Edit - Kilns didn't see your post. Is there any chance you two can play this this evening? As I think everyone is itching to get the game on the way and you have had a good while now. Sorry

Week is advanced lads!

You have until Sunday to play the games.

DangerousDiageo - You are playing me this week. Any time tomorrow really suits, wednesday evening should suit, and not sure about later than that yet.

No worries, good to get the league running now

kilns wrote: »
    No worries, good to get the league running now

Sorry, its just I dont want more people losing interest waiting on people to play.

@Raoul. You are absolutely right to advance the franchise, in fairness we had more than enough time.

It is inevitable that guys will not get games played but as you suggest people will lose interest if we don't get some momentum going. If we all know that you are advancing every Sunday night then we have a week to play the games and thats reasonable.

@Raoul, also don't know why we had such problems trying to organise our friendly last night. I did end up playing a friendly against another guy I know but we got chucked from that game just after the half and like us earlier we were then unable to chat either through personal chat or party so there may have been some issues. If you see me on again ( usually on 10-12ish ) then definitely send me a pm for a game and a chat.

Berty44 wrote: »
    @Raoul. You are absolutely right to advance the franchise, in fairness we had more than enough time.

It is inevitable that guys will not get games played but as you suggest people will lose interest if we don't get some momentum going. If we all know that you are advancing every Sunday night then we have a week to play the games and thats reasonable.

@Raoul, also don't know why we had such problems trying to organise our friendly last night. I did end up playing a friendly against another guy I know but we got chucked from that game just after the half and like us earlier we were then unable to chat either through personal chat or party so there may have been some issues. If you see me on again ( usually on 10-12ish ) then definitely send me a pm for a game and a chat.

I actually had trouble playing any friendlies last night, not sure what was up with the server. I am still using the wireless connection at the moment. Goin to get a long cable today or tomorrow so that I can use a wired connection, hopefully that will eradicate all my problems.

I scraped a win last night over the computer in OT. Built a comfortable lead and then got stupid in 4th Q. Instead of taking a knee to guarantee win I tried a few more plays and was intercepted (threw 3 in total!) and let them bring it to OT with a late TD. Thankfully my D got the ball back after losing the coin toss and 1 big pass and 1 good run got me in range for the winning field goal.

I did, however, score a 94yard kick return to start 2nd half, which was a first for me. :)

lost by a field goal with six seconds left...right after I threw an interception. Bummer!

24-21 against the Steelers. First game I actually managed to sop an offense a good few times. I even caused a fumble on a kick off return to score one of mine.

I fcuking hate Matt Cassel and his inability to throw deep. Fcuksake. Still won 20-10 though :)

3-0! :D

• Advertisement

Right, I have tried to message DangerousDiageo through the thread, pm on xbox live and pm on here. And not one reply. So, I am going to have to kick him out of the franchise to allow me to play my game. Just letting everyone know the reason.

I will give him until tomorrow evening to reply.

Advertisement