Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

outlook express problem

• 29-04-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

all of a sudden my outlook express wont send or recieve my emails. i am an eircom broadband customer with an eircom email address

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'webmail.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Mate, the command must be one of CAPA, USER, PASS or QUIT', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
    this is the error i get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Do you have internet connectivity? Did anything change recently on the machine. Like did you install any new anti-virus or firewall software.

Also I know this is far fetched but did you try a reboot and log on again?

The only other thing you can do is give eircom a buzz. I know they're not the greatest for support!

Oh wait wait, just after reading the error. Did you change your password recently? If you go to Tools - Accounts - and you can view/edit your details in there.

i have not changed anything at all, and my broadband is connected and running

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Your getting the same thing I have mate.

Your getting the same thing I have mate.
    ok, so how do we fix it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

auditek923 wrote: »
    Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication

According to the OE setup guide on broadbandsupport.eircom.net, Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should NOT be ticked.. Go to the settings for this account in OE, untick it, and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is it possible that eircom migrated you to their new Webmail?

If they did you will need to change the account settings POP3 & SMTP from mail1.eircom.net

to

webmail.eircom.net

How to tell if the user has the new or old Webmail:

LINK:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Is it possible that eircom migrated you to their new Webmail?

If they did you will need to change the account settings POP3 & SMTP from mail1.eircom.net

to

webmail.eircom.net

How to tell if the user has the new or old Webmail:

LINK:
    i did change it since to webmail.eircom.net but still not working

Snowbat wrote: »
    According to the OE setup guide on broadbandsupport.eircom.net, Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should NOT be ticked.. Go to the settings for this account in OE, untick it, and try again.
    snowbat you genius. it worked, thanks a million . i mean that. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

auditek923 wrote: »
    i did change it since to webmail.eircom.net but still not working

Open Outlook Express

Goto File>Identities>Add New Identity

Create a new Identity & add one of your problematic email accounts using the "mail1.eircom.net" settings for your POP3 & SMTP.

Switch to that identity if not already there & try to send & receive.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
Advertisement