Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elegible for an upgrade....which phone to choose

Options
  • 29-04-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Got an email a few weeks ago telling me I could get an upgrade. Need to renew my contract anyway so might as well get a free phone while I do it ;)

I currently have a Samsung Tocco which I like.
    I find the sound quality poor at times and while I've no major issues with the touch screen I can't text and walk. Or when I've a few drinks it takes major concentration :o So I like the idea of a Qwerty as I can touch type.

I mostly use my phone for texts and calls. I have an ipod and a digital camera so no need for serious camera use or MP3 player.

Anyway, of the choices of free phones I have, I've narrowed it down to the following.

The SAmsung Tocco Lite (although I'd like a change from the tocco)

Samsung B3410

LG GW300

Nokia E63

Vodafones 360 HI by Samsung

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

ash23 wrote: »
    Hey all.

Got an email a few weeks ago telling me I could get an upgrade. Need to renew my contract anyway so might as well get a free phone while I do it ;)

I currently have a Samsung Tocco which I like.
    I find the sound quality poor at times and while I've no major issues with the touch screen I can't text and walk. Or when I've a few drinks it takes major concentration :o So I like the idea of a Qwerty as I can touch type.

I mostly use my phone for texts and calls. I have an ipod and a digital camera so no need for serious camera use or MP3 player.

Anyway, of the choices of free phones I have, I've narrowed it down to the following.

The SAmsung Tocco Lite (although I'd like a change from the tocco)

Samsung B3410

LG GW300

Nokia E63

Vodafones 360 HI by Samsung

Any ideas?
    Samsung H1 or the E63. The rest of those other phones are pure rubbish tbh.

Personally I would go for the H1 purely on specs but if we're talking about software I would prefer the E63. Overall the H1 is better value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

This post has been deleted.

Agreed i used to have an E63 and was a great phone, great qwerty keypad. The H1 is very, very, very sluggish. It takes forever to open menus, apps etc. I only messed around with a demo in store but thought it was utter crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Agreed i used to have an E63 and was a great phone, great qwerty keypad. The H1 is very, very, very sluggish. It takes forever to open menus, apps etc. I only messed around with a demo in store but thought it was utter crap!
    The H1 would have been far better had it not been for that Vodafone 360 rubbish. If someone could port Android to that phone it would be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Cheers folks.

Will take a furthur look at those two and see which one I prefer.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

they must have better phones than that for free?

i'd be looking for an iphone, it's free to new customers, should be free for you on an upgrade, it's a good step up from the tocco if your liking a touchscreen.

they must have better phones than that for free?

i'd be looking for an iphone, it's free to new customers, should be free for you on an upgrade, it's a good step up from the tocco if your liking a touchscreen.

I'm elegible for an iPhone if I either pay a fair whack or else upgrade my mnthly package (and the price tag too). I'd love one but I'm not really wanting one enough to pay a lot for it. :)

There's a load of other phones but most are rubbish.

Like I said, I'm happy enough to take one for free but I'm not overly interested in buying a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

how much is it if you keep your existing plan, I know you don't want to spend 100 euros but it could be well worth it..

how much is it if you keep your existing plan, I know you don't want to spend 100 euros but it could be well worth it..

It's not available on my existing plan.
    It'd be 199 on another plan the same price as my current one but I'd lose 50 mins and 50 texts.

Next plan up, the phone is 130 and the plan is 25 euro extra per month.

I love the iPhone but not a notion of paying those extortionate prices when I have a fuctioning phone and an ipod which I'm quite happy with.

If I had the money I'd pay it but an iPhone wouldn't be top of my priorities at the moment. :D

Advertisement