Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stamp duty on credit card - when?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

hi
    when is the stamp duty on the credit card charged?
    is it charged in advance or in due at the end of business year?
    i was charged 30euros in the april statement
    when i tried to cancel the card for someother reason, i was told i will be charged extra 30euros for 2010-2011
    if i want to change the card, that will be carried over to the next creditcard
    is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yes, it seems to be this time of year. I have 3 of the buggers and got docked 30 yoyos for each card this month :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

was the fee charged for 2010-11 year or for the past year?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

The Fee is charged in April of each year and is for the PRECEEDING year up to the end of March.
    Therefore if you cancel a card on the 1st April you will still get charged the following April since a new year has started.
    If you transfer to another card company you can get a letter from your current company stating that you have already paid last years fee.

Or such is my understanding of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,848 ✭✭✭billyhead

So say you wan to cancel your card altogether. Your best of doing it on March 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭tooler7

jimoc wrote: »
    The Fee is charged in April of each year and is for the PRECEEDING year up to the end of March.
    Therefore if you cancel a card on the 1st April you will still get charged the following April since a new year has started.
    If you transfer to another card company you can get a letter from your current company stating that you have already paid last years fee.

Or such is my understanding of it anyway.

correct

• Advertisement
Advertisement