Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thing to visit/do in Dublin (or outside of Dublin)

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section.

Before starting our preparations for our final exams in June (the beginning) my friends and I are planning to have a wild day on Friday. By Wild I don't mean partying because we are tired of doing that. We just want to stay away from the Dublin City Center. We had cycling in mind, we are all fit enough to cycle for 5-6 hours so we first planned to cycle from Dublin all the way down to Bray and then relax on the beach there.

btw none of us is Irish and we are here since 4 months for college.

So can anyone recommend something nice that is NOT in Dublin, we like Rural areas or mountains. Please keep in mind we don't mind about the cost.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cycle up the mountains.

Great views up there and Friday nights in Fox's to be great.

Only thing is you will then be stuck up the mountains with bikes, drunk.

Perhaps a minibus could collect you all at the end of the night? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

go to howth, when the weather is like this there isnt really a better place in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Not much of a beach in Bray - it's all stones! But there's a nice walk from Bray to Greystones along the sea, then get the train back. Killiney is lovely, sandy beach. Then go to Dalkey which is cute for a drink.

Advertisement