Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie is full of Nazi's

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Another catchy title, yes, but it's what some people think (according to prison, helpdesk and feedback threads)

Maybe this might explain it....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055321980

Sarcastic, Yes. Good for new users / offenders, No
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I don't see anything wrong with that.

It made me laugh when I read it after signing up a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Lets try not kill all the humour on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

People complain if we become all Corporate and Serious.

People complain if we try an inject a little humour.

Can't win, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is neither serious nor hilarious. Where do I make my complaint?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Heil_Hitler.gif

Heil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm not compaining, i'm merely pointing out that you yourselves joke about being Nazi's and that your out to get people yet you can't understand when a user breaks the rules and is banned / infracted, they think it's for personal or 'non fair' reasons, only to go to the helpdesk to be met with the above post.

I know it's meant as humour, but people in the heat of the moment / pi$$ed off won't see it like that.

If there's a place to go where people can ask who, what, where, when and why, somewhere that won't allow regular posters to overtake the thread, and somewhere that they will be heard by a mediator (Admin) only to be met with "Yes, we're out to get you" it doesn't exactly instill confidence for the user.

I just think for a place like Help desk or Prison there should be no humour as such, just rules & regulations. Isn't that what boards wants?

If your going to be stern in either of these forums, the rules for those forums should match, and shouldn't really have sarcastic humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Stinicker wrote: »
    Heil_Hitler.gif

Seil Sitler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I'm not very good at jokes. Where does that leave me if i get banned and want to make my case on Prison Forum?

I'm not very good at jokes. Where does that leave me if i get banned and want to make my case on Prison Forum?

I think if you get banned you are able to make your case in the Prison forum.

Though if the Prison forum folk ban you.....then you would probably have deserved it and you shall never ever return to Boards!

:pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I think if you get banned you are able to make your case in the Prison forum.

Though if the Prison forum folk ban you.....then you would probably have deserved it and you shall never ever return to Boards!

:pac:
    Thats a permaban. There are different sorts of bans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Please enjoy a short animation while we correct this oversight.

Note: enjoyment is mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

a permanent site ban will still allow you to post in the prison forum. However, if like a few recently, you start spamming or trolling or insulting people there, you risk getting banned from prison and then there would be nowhere for you to appeal.

LoLth wrote: »
    a permanent site ban will still allow you to post in the prison forum. However, if like a few recently, you start spamming or trolling or insulting people there, you risk getting banned from prison and then there would be nowhere for you to appeal.
    Yes saw that. One even told a joke as his opening statement.

Yes saw that. One even told a joke as his opening statement.

Well according to the rules, it should have improved his chances :p

Tallon wrote: »

Only would have improved them slightly and only if it was done being nice and not smart arsey! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That charter is the Mona Lisa of boards charters.

Strict yet subtle and seems to be smiling at you but you can't quite work out why. :)

*reminisces*
    Prison used to be one or the best forums on boards - back in the day when it was still cool to take the mick out of eejits and spammers that got banned...

Now it's all official and premodded, I don't bother reading it much anymore :(

yeah poster was gone a few hours later. Was a good joke to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Rabies wrote: »
    Lets try not killexterminate all the humour on Boards.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Can we change the Prison Forum subtitle to "arbeit macht frei"?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sarky wrote: »
    Not funny at all imho- sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Steve wrote: »
    Not funny at all imho- sorry.

Funny imho, sorry. :confused::confused::confused:

I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to mention the Lolocaust here now would it?

Kirnsy wrote: »
    I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to mention the Lolocaust here now would it?

Well what would that have to do with anything at all?

If your going to be stern in either of these forums, the rules for those forums should match, and shouldn't really have sarcastic humour.

I don't agree. :)

Some people take Boards.ie a little too seriously. I know several of the Admins personally and I think it's fair to say that most of us enjoy a good joke, yet when Serious Business needs to be tended to, we can do that too.

Off the top of my head, I don't recall any piss-taking or messing in the Help Desk forum. I spend a lot of time in there answering what, at first glance, appear to be totally piss-taking threads, but after some investigation do in fact appear to be genuine.

Prison, is a totally different kettle of fish. Some people you just can't take seriously - like the semi-literate txt-speaking kid who threatens you, your family and your pet iguana.

However, if somebody admits, yes, I was a dick and adds a bit of humour, well then they are more likely to be listened to. We do try and reason with everybody, however some people that just doesn't work with. That's when we change persona. ;)

Tom not going to mention names. But that poster who recently told a joke as his opening statement. That post then disappeared maybe two or three hours later. Did that post help or not help the poster.

Tom not going to mention names. But that poster who recently told a joke as his opening statement. That post then disappeared maybe two or three hours later. Did that post help or not help the poster.

I honestly have no idea to what you are referring. :)

Where was it? Prison? Help Desk?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea to what you are referring. :)

Where was it? Prison? Help Desk?
    A poster in the PF posted a joke ie what the difference between such and such. Was a bit dirty but funny nonetheless.
    That post was gone with the poster in PF around three later on that day.

There are some many deleted threads there at the moment, I can't see the one you are referring to.

But remember, and this is one key point that we take a massive amount of flak over, context is king. Taken in isolation, some posts can appear to be fairly innocent, but looking at a poster's history, it can tell a very different story.

If the person in Prison told a joke and it was funny and the person generally wasn't being a dick, well then I would say his/her chances of getting back in were raised somewhat.

However, if the poster had spent the last day or two trolling and abusing people, well the joke wouldn't do much for him/her in that case.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    There are some many deleted threads there at the moment, I can't see the one you are referring to.

But remember, and this is one key point that we take a massive amount of flak over, context is king. Taken in isolation, some posts can appear to be fairly innocent, but looking at a poster's history, it can tell a very different story.

If the person in Prison told a joke and it was funny and the person generally wasn't being a dick, well then I would say his/her chances of getting back in were raised somewhat.

However, if the poster had spent the last day or two trolling and abusing people, well the joke wouldn't do much for him/her in that case.
    No it was his opening post. Generally speaking PF is run very well and Gordon i have a lot of time for having dealt with him personally there and seeing what he has to put up with some of the posters.
    But that post did arouse a bit of interest.

• Advertisement

Another catchy title, yes, but it's what some people think (according to prison, helpdesk and feedback threads)

Maybe this might explain it....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055321980

Sarcastic, Yes. Good for new users / offenders, No
    Stinicker wrote: »
    Heil_Hitler.gif

Heil
    Sarky wrote: »
    Well what would that have to do with anything at all?

All the talk about Nazis, Hitler etc...added to the fact the thread is questioning the Boards.ie sense of humour and the Lolocaust is a dark humour forum/subforum...I thought I'd make a joke/ play on words / witty remark.:)

Advertisement