Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What'll give my hair some life!

• 29-04-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

My hair is longish, dyed blonde and I've noticed in the last few months it always looks greasy, even after washing, it's quite thin aswell so looks flat.
    Has anyone got any advise on how to fix this, anything I can use or do??
    I've tried changing champoo loads a times and am currently using sheer blonde but nothing is helping.
    Any advise would be much appreciated? is there any shampoos out there which prevent this genuinely!!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If your hair's greasy I'd recommend using one of the Lush shampoo bar - I use one for greasy hair called Jumping Juniper and it's fantastic, leaves your hair very silky, light and soft.

Another cause of greasiness could be that you're using too much conditioner - a €2-sized blob should be enough unless your hair is very damaged/very long! Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Thanks a mil, where can you get that shampoo? I've never heard of it.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I dyed my hair firey red last year and noticed that after a while it had lost it's vibrancy and shine. It had become flat and since it's thin enough anyway, it just looked a bit drab.

There are a few things that I've tried that really do work and aren't too expensive.

1) Boots do a cleansing shampoo for about 3 euro that's called rosewater or something. It's a clarifying shampoo and makes your hair super clean and light. I'm not sure of the exact name for it but I read about it on here so someone may know which one I mean.

2) Damaged hair tends to look dull so get yourself some Redken Deep Fuel. This is a miracle product. My hair had to be bleached before being dyed red and it was soooooooo brittle afterwards. If your hair is broken, it aint gonna shine and look healthy so you need to repair your hair first.
    This is a protein treatment and after using the 5 applications, my hair never looked better. It's a little bit expensive, 20 quid I think, but it saved me!

3) Always rinse your hair in cold water for added shine.

4) Blow dry your hair using a big round brush for extra volume and blow dry your hair upsidedown as it adds lift.

5) Use VO5 hot oil treatments once a week. They are cheap and effective.

6) Boots do a deep conditioning coconut mask for 2.50 or thereabouts. It comes in a white tub and smells good enough to eat. It leaves my hiar super soft.

7) Lastly, don't brush your hair when it's wet as it's very brittle when wet. Always use a heat protector when using straighteners etc

I learned the hard way to look after my hair. I wrecked mine but now it's looking good so it can be saved!!

A good cut does wonders too, gives the hair bounce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

tily wrote: »

Do you live in Dublin? There's a store called Lush and they do organic/natural hair and skincare stuff. There are two stores in Dublin, one on Grafton St and one on Henry Street, but they also do mail order if you live down the country!

Here's their website and here's the shampoo I was talking about; and here's another specifically for blonde hair! They also do conditioners, if you've greasy hair the lighter ones (like Veganese) are the best.

You can tell I'm a Lush addict, lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PatsyStone

tily wrote: »

You can get it in Lush, the soap shop. There's one in Dublin in Grafton Street, one in Cork on Oliver Plunkett Street and one on Castle Lane in Belfast. Or you can order online: www.lush.co.uk

I don't know if you can use a toner in dyed hair but I've been using the Superdrug toners for my hair and I've found a real change in it, my hair was really dull and flat before. Or maybe talk to your hairdressers about shampoos, they might suggest salon shampoos or ones you can buy in a supermarket or chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Thanks a mil guys, yap I live in the Dublin and I know the shop your talking about now, never knew they did shampoos.
    I'll try some of those treatments too, thanks a mil.
    Hopefully I'll have fab shinny hair again soon!!!:D

Advertisement