Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC Irish as mature student

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi

I am 25 and have completed a BA degree 2 years ago. I am working fulltime at the moment but i want to go back to college to train to be a primary school teacher.

The problem is i only did Ordinary Level Irish in my leaving cert back in 2002. I need to repeat my LC Irish in higher level.

Does anyone know of any part time night/evening courses where i can learn irish and do the LC Higher Irish exam? I am located in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ian96

Crumlin college teach all leaving cert subjects part time. Higher level Irish starts in September. It held every Saturday for 2 hours. At 150e for the course, its the best value around. You can sit your leaving cert exam there too but you will have to organise that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alycat05

great thanks Ian, i'll check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey I did the honours irish paper last year (I originally did the pass in 03) I did it through grinds and friends helped(was working full time aswell), It was very difficult not doing it in a school setting. Familiarize youself with the curriculum (download it from the dept of education) and start straight away, Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shellym23

Hey Alycat

sometimes I feel people can be quiet negative about the repeat of H.L gaeilge. I repeated it last year along with H.L business, when I started the course I was working full time and seven months pregnant. While at times I did feel slightly stressed it was all achievable. The Irish paper was fine (got a b1) I also got my place on the b'ed in Mary I which I love.People will let you think it is difficult to achieve the c3 but it is actually so attainable. Everyone in my class (and some were very week) achieved a c or higher. You will have no trouble in getting the honor, the absolute best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

wait til ya see the new irish course coming in next year :eek::eek::eek::eek: you'll get the whole course covered in 2 weeks if ya want to

dunno where you can do it but though i'd throw that little bit of info in for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

Hi All

I am in the same situation here. I am based in london at the moment so doing this in a class room setting will probably not happen. But i am a keen learner so will study at home and my girlfriend did Irish as one of her BA subjects and we use irish around 30% of the time in the house. My spoken is far better then my written\reading.

I need the leaving Cert HL Gaeilge for primary teaching.

What is the process for registering to do the exam ? When does it have to be done by ? Seaching google and cant find anything.

Would be looking to complete the exam in June 2011

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

ring the dept of education and they will direct u to the right place, thats what i did,
    It was october or november when i applied as an external student and then you pick a school to do the exam in, hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

GRMA - will do that so.

Does anyone recommend a book list for the 2011 exam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 EricC

Can anybody advise me on resitting the LC Irish for 2012. Also looking to resit Irish for Primary Teaching.

Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 baby jake

EricC wrote: »
    Can anybody advise me on resitting the LC Irish for 2012. Also looking to resit Irish for Primary Teaching.

Thank You.

Just wondering if you have any advices, looking to resit 2013 LC Irish and any advice would be a great help. Don't know where to start

• Advertisement
Advertisement