Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top things to do in NZ over 3 weeks

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be in NZ in about a week or so, and will be staying for 3 weeks. I'm flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. Due to various reasons I've had no time to do any research on the country. Can anyone recommend the best few places to visit? Given that my money is extremely tight!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Have a look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055675988

Apologies for the shameless self promotion but bear special attention to my post in there! Let me just add to that that you'll be likely coming in winter so hiking may be out, particularly big climbs or down south. However, if you are able to do it, I recently did the Routeburn and it's meant to be one of the top hikes in NZ. Friends did the start of the Keplar up to the peak and back in a day and the pics look outstanding (apparently it's the best part of the Keplar).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

if you can afford it (eur180 per person) do the hot air balloon in christchurch (www.ballooning.co.nz). we did it in january, it is a wonderful experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Id highly recommend while your in the South Island hiring a car/van and driving around the place yourself.. youve more freedom than the various bus tours etc.

One amazing drive is Christchurch (east coast) - Franz Josef (west coast) through a place called Arthur's pass. You almost have to be lucky to get a good day for it because the road can be closed so easily but when we did it we were blessed with clear skies and sunshine (in winter!) and it the scenery is absolutely breathtaking and amazing.

Advertisement