Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge hinge fitted kitchen

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm asking here because I assume most of the kitchens that were put into Charlesland were standard.

I'm living in the Court and the fitted fridge has a broken hinge. Completely unfixable. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement hinge. It's not an ordinary hinge (it opens out and moves the door away from the fridge by about 3 inches) so B&Q (had a quick look in B&Q just in case but there was nothing) and Woodies are out.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

the kitchens were supplied by country kitchens in blessington or baltinglass or somewhere like that. Number should be in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I very recently replace hinges on my fridge....I rang Shomar (click for link)for replacement hinges (that's where you'll get directed to by the kitchen company), they were out of stock a few months back when I rang them. I went onto ebay and found Ingol hinges and replaced them myself - easy peasy!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160396614077&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:IE:1123

I cannot tell you if I was ripped off though, postage and packing was £9.99 on top as its a guy in England sending them over...total about 46euro for both hinges delivered. 46 quid and a door that opens like day one!

Replace both hinges, top and bottom, it won't be long before the other one goes!

***Edit, this is for a power point fridge but if you look at the hinges on your fridge, it should say INGol (like this with the captials) in cursive writing.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Excellent, thanks for your help folks. I thought it was gonna be a real pain trying to find replacement hinges. I never even though of ebay. I will check out the Shomar guys first to see if they have anything back in stock and then hit ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Noticed my fridge is clicking \ locking occasionally when I close the door, I hope there not on the way out too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Earlsie wrote: »
    Noticed my fridge is clicking \ locking occasionally when I close the door, I hope there not on the way out too. :(

Drop of oil or WD40 will stop that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Drop of oil or WD40 will stop that for you.

Thanks Damo but have looked at it a little closer this morning and I can see the lower hindge inner mechanism looks goosed, top hindge is stiff and ridgid while bottom one is flapping about.

I'll give country kitchens a call tomorrow.

Advertisement