Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching Birth mother( from baby noelle born dec 1987)

Options
  • 29-04-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey all

Searching birthmother you were 27 when you gave me up, you have many brothers and sisters my grandmother and one of your sisters new about the adoption thats about it you already had a daughter( Barbara she should be about 28) i think she grew up with you.

Born december 12 1987 in saint Paticks guild Dublin.

Sister Gaberial took care of the adoption,

Dont want to impose on your life just want to say thanks and that you made the right decision, I have a had a wonderful life and i only want to thank you, You are always in my thoughts,

Any stories would be greatly appreciated?

xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, hope u find ur mother, im sure she,s out their thinking of u too.some birthmothers find it hard to approch the adoption agencies that they gave up their babies to, just keep looking u will find her eventually..kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NGibbler

Thanks for your kind words Kathy, Think i should just leave it alone now, there has to come a point where i just need to realise to stop ey? Are you searching too?

N x

hi n, i searched for 20 years before i got any answers, my birthmother had passed away. have u tryed to search urself look at the traceing guides here. if u need any help just ask, have u got ur birthcert and if your mother had another child before u it should be easy enough to cross reference and find her birthcert also. ireland is a very small country a little detective work goes a long way...kathy

I do not have my orignal birth cert, Spg wont give it to me (am i entitled to it by law?) , Yes she has a little girl who she kept by the name Barbara, about 6 or 7 at the time, I have done no investagation work as i dont even know where to begin, I am sorry to hear you never got to meet your BM did you try trace family after you found that out?

Thanks again for posting!! Never even spoke about this to anyone untill now.

N

hi n, u can go get ur own birthcert in the records room in the irish life mall in dublin. it just a case of looking through all the births for the year u where born if u know ur mother called u and her first name it will be simple enough. u are looking for a baby girl born on ur date of birth with the name ur mother called u and her first name as mother another give away is when the fathers name is missing. from that birthcert u will get ur mothers surname and from then on the search will be easier. do u know which part of the country ur mother was from. don,t give up until u have gone down every avenue...kathy

• Advertisement

Thank you so much.... ill post when i know more , you are very kind to help!

no problem n, glad to help if u need anymore info just shout. google adoption rights allience they have tracing guides on their too...kathy

Advertisement