Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile UK handset with Tesco Ireland Sim

Options
  • 29-04-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if a tesco Ireland Sim will work in a tesco mobile UK handset which is locked to the tesco UK network ? I want to change my phone and Tesco UK have a far wider range of handsets compared to Ireland. My other option is sim free.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Thanks for the quick response.
    I'm looking at the Nokia 6303. Only £ 55 on the tesco website. I have a blackberry 8520 for work so I just need a basic enough phone for personal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I assume that the handset lock is based off of the first few digits of either your sim or imsi number. Both these numbers will be very different when you compare the respective numbers for Tesco Ireland and Tesco UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement