Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Chocolate Emporium

Options
  • 29-04-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

I don't know what this is but I'm hoping somebody here does. I got so excited when I saw it today, it's on Patrick Street/Opera Lane just next to Tommy Hilfiger. It's not open yet but says "coming soon" on the window. I've got images of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory in my head now. It must be something fabulous, surely they wouldn't need an expensive looking space on Opera Lane just to sell regular chocolate bars?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sounds class - exact same images came into my head when I read the title, Willy Wonka!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Maybe it's one of those pop up shops that will only be there for a week or 2. Can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

They've been talking about it a lot on the radio, meant to be opening this weekend I believe. I got the impression it was only a temporary fixture though...which may or may not be a bad thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well, hopefully it will still be there at the end of May when I get to return to the hometown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Its only going to be there for a few days. Its been moving around the country,just finsihed in Dublin i think. You can go in and get free treats and all that i think.

• Advertisement

Its only going to be there for a few days. Its been moving around the country,just finsihed in Dublin i think. You can go in and get free treats and all that i think.

Oh my God!! I might just move in there for a few days:D I rarely listen to the radio so didn't hear about it, just saw it today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

When is it opening?? Free chocolate!!!!

Cadbury Ireland Hi Guys, we're busy setting up the Emporium in Cork at the moment and have found a cool new location so we've moved to 94 Patrick Street (around the corner from where we originally told you). Hope you can make it on Friday or Saturday

Cadbury Ireland Hi Guys, we're busy setting up the Emporium in Cork at the moment and have found a cool new location so we've moved to 94 Patrick Street (around the corner from where we originally told you). Hope you can make it on Friday or Saturday

As in this Friday??? Tomorrow??

As in this Friday??? Tomorrow??

That was posted yesterday so i would assume that they mean tomorrow and Saturday. Going to have to go in and see for myself anyway :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

That was posted yesterday so i would assume that they mean tomorrow and Saturday. Going to have to go in and see for myself anyway :pac::pac:

I might head up so, though I really should be studying :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Do we get free chocolate? :P

simu wrote: »
    Do we get free chocolate? :P

You get free treats apparently?

Now whether that means one square of chocolate or what i don't know but in the end its free chocolate :p

You get free treats apparently?

Now whether that means one square of chocolate or what i don't know but in the end its free chocolate :p

Free chocolate is free chocolate :D

Though I thought the chocolate was nicer before they changed it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Right, I'll be in town on Saturday anyway. I'm there! Hope it doesn't close early though, because I won't be in until about 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! I'm so excited!! I'm not even a big fan of chocolate but I saw "Willy Wonka" and "FREEEEEEEEEE" mentioned here so I'm going to run there after work. lol. Cheers guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wish I wasn't bed bound with fever :(

I can't get there today, but will anyone who does get there today let us know how ye get on - i.e. how much free chocolate one can get :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

4564776545_cb76773e7e.jpg

I'll head in there this eveing - will post a trip report :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

what do ya win?

i'm so going to win this.

• Advertisement

Is it open now? Has anybody been in there yet? I'm thinking of going into town specially to visit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

what do ya win?

i'm so going to win this.

Sorry Miss Shadow I've already won. :p

Cool the place looks awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

passed by there today, little bit of a que, didnt seem to be much of any free chocolate, ppl were just going in, writing their details and heading off

I smell an anti climax :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I'm off to the kinsale 7's tommorow, so i will have to get in early and try and beat the sleep-in's.

BArra wrote: »
    passed by there today, little bit of a que, didnt seem to be much of any free chocolate, ppl were just going in, writing their details and heading off

Just as well I didn't head up, had to go to the library and study! Anyone actually head inside it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

RoverJames wrote: »
    I smell an anti climax :rolleyes:

yip !!!:( just a choc fountain , a marshmallow and a competition :rolleyes:

yip !!!:( just a choc fountain , a marshmallow and a competition :rolleyes:

What a anti climax, a marshmallow is all u got??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

yip :eek:... devastated :p

• Advertisement

yip :eek:... devastated :p

Just as well I didn't spend a tenner getting the train up to see what it was!!

Advertisement