Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bi weekly pay

Options
  • 29-04-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi im just wondering if anybody can help me out. i started on work experience 3 weeks ago and in the contract it said i would be paid bi weekly into my bank account. the first week i was there it was pay week for current employees and they got paid today aswel. im just wondering was i due to get paid this week too which i thought i was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

At a high level, it sounds as if you should have been paid this week. But that is without knowing the details of your contract.

Have you spoken to the payroll person about this, to determine why you weren't paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leeds87

no i didnt i only checked my account on the way home from work today. i suppose I will ask around work tomorrow to find out more. I half knew somebody would screw something up. Wouldn't mind but im broke and could have done with being paid today. This is what the contract said
    Remuneration

4.1 Your salary will be €11.00 per hour payable bi-weekly in arrears. Salaries will be paid via credit transfer into a bank account nominated by you.

4.2 Tax and PRSI will be deducted from your salary. It will be your responsibility to claim refunds from the Revenue Commissioners at the end of your term of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

leeds87 wrote: »
    Your salary will be €11.00 per hour payable bi-weekly in arrears.
    Don't quote me on this, as it's late, and I'm tired, but I'm pretty sure this means that you should have gotten your first weeks of pay today, and next payday you'll get the 2nd and 3rd weeks payment, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Also dont forget that if your bank and your employers bank are different then it can take up to 5 days for a transfer to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

If you are there 3 weeks and and it is a bi-weekly system, then yes you should probably have been paid today, as your back week (s) are completed.

BUT FEAR NOT!

there is often a bit a fiddling around when starting a job and sometimes your pay details can get messed up- get onto payroll and make sure they have the right info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement