Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AdWords Exam

Options
  • 29-04-2010 6:44pm

Has anybody done the new AdWords exam?

Is it really as tricky as it seems? And in the new format exam, can you still have an AdWords account open for viewing?

85% is tricky enough to achieve regardless of the exam...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

I don't see why you couldn't have your account open for the new exam format. I didn't mind the 85% at all it was the $1000 spend over a managed account for a month that broke my heart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Has anybody done the new AdWords exam?

Is it really as tricky as it seems? And in the new format exam, can you still have an AdWords account open for viewing?

85% is tricky enough to achieve regardless of the exam...

Yes, a few of us here have taken all three, including myself.
    The fundamentals exam which I am sure you have probably taken is just that, fundamental. It's embarrassingly easy. Got 97% in it and am pretty browned off with that.

Got 91% in both of the other two (Search and reporting) and feel lucky to have gotten that in contrast. There is absolutely no way you could pass without having experience with AdWords and at least KNOWING the policies and basic features of the API. The questions ARE trickier but use the entire given, mark the tough ones and spend the extra time you have at the end thinking hard about them.

The advanced ones are a lot tougher but if you use AdWords every day, you'll manage to pass. And the sub €100 managed spend per day should be simple enough to maintain.

When the display exam is out this month, I think that will be the real test.

Let me know if you have any questions or need a dig out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Have a link to the exam?

padocon wrote: »
    Have a link to the exam?

Start here:
    http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/professionals/

Finally...

So I decided to get this bloody thing over and done with. Got 97% in it! Suits me fine...wish I knew what q I got wrong though.

However, my next question, I never got my certificate emailed to me or whatever yet. Also, I did it from my own personal email address (not my work one) so how do I get that transferred to my company one?

Such limited information on the net about the whole thing.

PS: The "Google" browser which takes over your screen and shuts everything else down annoyed the crap out of me! Had to get a laptop in case I needed to "Google" something I couldn't remember :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Finally...

So I decided to get this bloody thing over and done with. Got 97% in it! Suits me fine...wish I knew what q I got wrong though.

However, my next question, I never got my certificate emailed to me or whatever yet. Also, I did it from my own personal email address (not my work one) so how do I get that transferred to my company one?

PS: The "Google" browser which takes over your screen and shuts everything else down annoyed the crap out of me! Had to get a laptop in case I needed to "Google" something I couldn't remember :p

Congrads! Was it hard?

Finally...

That the fundamentals?
    Wait until you do the advanced one, it's a lot tougher.

And having another laptop so you can "Google" the answers is cheating :P

Congratulations though! Got 97% myself on the first, 91% on the advanced.

RedFly wrote: »
    That the fundamentals?
    Wait until you do the advanced one, it's a lot tougher.

And having another laptop so you can "Google" the answers is cheating :P

Congratulations though! Got 97% myself on the first, 91% on the advanced.

Ah yeah it's an easy enough exam - i'm expecting the advanced one to be a lot tougher. I mean I put in a good few hours of revision to get that score and the additional laptop didn't help anything, the questions are phrased in such a way that you won't find the answer you're looking for on Google as all the questions are hypothetical so you need to understand the knowledge to answer them if you get me.

How different is the advanced one? How much more time is required to study them? I assume it has the 85% pass mark also? That's what makes the entire process tricky...you just have to know it really well.

How different is the advanced one? How much more time is required to study them? I assume it has the 85% pass mark also? That's what makes the entire process tricky...you just have to know it really well.

The Advanced one is exactly the same structure but with much more abstract questions. Some questions about the API, weird billing, managed spends, invalid clicks procedures etc.

It's still pretty easy if you're working with AdWords every day, I just needed the ENTIRE time allocated which I was not prepared for :)

As for the managed spend, to be honest, I think reducing it from 100k to 1k was a bit silly. We were/are a qualified company and manage well over 100k per 90 days. While I do think a reduction was needed, I think the reduction to 1k was too much because:

1) You have no idea if the company/partner has experience managing large accounts.

2) This is going to be abused. That is a fact. I've heard that the cold calling has already begun in the US, the scammers have already found their niche. Think"Don't worry, we're certified by Google"

Redfly, I've been meaning to ask you, how did you find the Reporting and Analysis Advanced exam? Is it easier than say the advanced search?

• Advertisement
Advertisement